News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Podmark

Windblown, you are litterally blowing my mind. These are awesome!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

Great skopes, but I'm particularly impressed with Rhane. That skope looks remarkable. Keep up the great work!

style

The Ultimate Fan!

detourne_me

just mindblowing work here man!

ghazkul

Holy sweet baby Jeebus!!!!!!!!

That is amazing!

Just slowly twiddling my thumbs hoping for a Transonic mesh that turns into a giant air-dolphin.....

Sioux City Dynamo

Windblown that is awesome! 
Io

BentonGrey

Wow!  That is awesome, what you've done with Wolfsbane!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

style

Coming soon: ...................#CoulsonLives
The Ultimate Fan!

spydermann93

cmdrkoenig67

That's a fantastic Rahne Skope, Windblown...And Spyder...I love that legionnaire.

Dana

daglob

This is Karkas, who I guess these days is an adopted Eternal. I took Male Hulking Thing, removed the nose and brow, enlarged the head, then reduced the finger and toe sizes to 0. I did something similar to Male Basic FX for Ultra (The Mulit-Alien), and was pleased with the results, but here the hands and feet look so... choppy. Karkas has no real fingers or toes, just claws sticking out of his hands and feet.

Any suggestions to "smooth" out the effect?

Cyber Burn

I don't know the character, but that does look cool.

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on May 22, 2013, 11:13:36 PM

This is Karkas, who I guess these days is an adopted Eternal. I took Male Hulking Thing, removed the nose and brow, enlarged the head, then reduced the finger and toe sizes to 0. I did something similar to Male Basic FX for Ultra (The Mulit-Alien), and was pleased with the results, but here the hands and feet look so... choppy. Karkas has no real fingers or toes, just claws sticking out of his hands and feet.

Any suggestions to "smooth" out the effect?

Holy cow! Karkas!?

Awesome! :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any suggestions for you :(

Amazo Version 2.2

wow. there's been alot of neat stuff previewed here since my last visit. very creative work everyone.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Helix

Indeed...there has been a flurry of activity lately. A lot of really cool stuff has been released or is in the works.  :thumbup:

windblown

That's a cool skope, daglob. Not sure how you could smooth out the hands, I'll think about it.

I've two new skopes for today:

- Laurie Collins "Wallflower" from the New Mutants squad, she was a mutant student with pheromone based powers. She was one of the few mutants who retained their powers after M-day, but she was killed by the Purifiers following Reverend Stryker orders.

- Callie Betto "Dryad", from the Corsairs squad, was a background student with plant control powers until she was depowered by the Scarlet Witch on Decimation and killed by the Purifiers.

Textures previewed for both of the skopes are based in Pod's skins.

Spoiler

Dryad skope has three special animations:

She can summon a small tree (it can be used with a vine FX to do a ranged grapple power), a tropical flower (maybe it can be used for a spores/allergen pollen attack) and a hedge wall to use as a passive defense (I forgot to show this last one in the video). I'm not very happy with Dryad's animations, so if anybody has any suggestion for plant powers, let me know :)

Cyber Burn

Very nice skopes Windblown, with all the great stuff you've been previewing, it almost makes me wish I was still keeping up with the X Books.

Just out of curiosity, what mesh did you pull the belt and buckle from for Wallflower? I think that they would work well with one of my skopes.

spydermann93

That is a very nice skope, there, Windblown. It is only the trees/flowers that pop up that are part of the mesh, or is the pollen and vines coming out of said plants part of the mesh as well?

@Daglob,

Here's a picture for Karkas that you may or may not find helpful:

Spoiler

daglob

hoss20

I know this is going to sound extremely obvious, but putting the Toe size at 0.5 or 0.6 looks a lot better. I don't know if there's much you can do for the Fingers due to the innate  shape, but putting Finger11 at 0 at least takes that little jagged edge off. Then putting Finger0 and/or Finger1 anywhere from 0.3 to 0.6 seems to be marginally better. I'm sorry if you've already done this yourself, but for me, it made some difference.

By the way, I had thought of doing a Karkas ages ago and didn't even make an attempt. I really like where yours is going.  :thumbup:

spydermann93

Heavy weapons, locked and loaded :cool:

Spoiler

Credits:
Afghan Ant - Cyborg base mesh and skin
Grenadier - Warmachine mesh and keyframes
Courtnall6 - Warmachine skin

Helix

Holy sweet baby Jesus! THAT is freaking cool, Spyder!!

spydermann93

Better arm placement

Spoiler

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

spydermann93

I think this is my last modification to the mesh, but I removed the headband on top (I kept the sides of the band as I thought that they were quite fitting) and the neck piece.

Spoiler

Credits to Johnny Patches for his great tutorial on how to remove parts of a mesh :thumbup:

Spoiler

Now, onwards to bigger and better things.

Spoiler
as soon as I think of something else to do :P

windblown

spydermann, that Cyborg is amazing!

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 24, 2013, 04:19:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, what mesh did you pull the belt and buckle from for Wallflower? I think that they would work well with one of my skopes.

The belt is from one of the Kitty Pryde meshes by Ink, the buckle is by Tommyboy (I took it from Podmark's Hellion skope). If you want to take a look on it I can send it to you.

Quote from: spydermann93 on May 24, 2013, 04:33:25 PM
That is a very nice skope, there, Windblown. It is only the trees/flowers that pop up that are part of the mesh, or is the pollen and vines coming out of said plants part of the mesh as well?

The tree and the flower (and a defensive hedge too) are parts of the mesh, they appear for specific animations. The vines and the pollen are just FXs (I attached the tree and the flower to the weapon node, so the fx come out from them.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: windblown on May 28, 2013, 05:44:07 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 24, 2013, 04:19:46 PM

The belt is from one of the Kitty Pryde meshes by Ink, the buckle is by Tommyboy (I took it from Podmark's Hellion skope). If you want to take a look on it I can send it to you.

That would be awesome, thank you Windblown. I'll PM you my e-mail address. Again, thank you.