News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

That is crazy DJ, just insanely awesome.  What an amazing skoping job! 

I promise the next thing I dragoon you into doing will be simple!  :lol:

AA!  Hey man, nice to see you! 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

Saving this spot for the "finished" wip latter today. Also, AA RUN!! Run before BG attacks you with tons of requests....

...the finished skope:

Sorry about the pic folks but I didn't want it being huge and a drag on everyone's comps....for those wondering that's 219 snake pieces (for which I will have to change to dds once I'm done skinning it all) and 7 hours of work.......
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

detourne_me

DJ, That looks amazing!
If you'd like, I could re-export the skope in Blender to rename it all for .dds files if you'd like,  also it will help with any floating issues in the game, too.  I could weight them all to the head node.

detourne_me

Great to hear DJ! Id hate for you to have to work too hard on something and have it be messed up with the out of date engine.

MikeB7

Oh wow, that's amazing, DJ.   :shock2:

daglob

BentonGrey

That is simply astonishing, DJ.  We have a new gold standard for any character with snake hair now!  :eek2:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

BentonGrey

God Bless

spydermann93

Deaths Jester

Crossposting Dr Medusa's face to here so you folks can see what all that work turned into:

Spoiler
Face ortho

Helix

daglob

This is what that post above is supposed to look like.

spydermann93

G. I. Robot!? :o

To go with DJ's Creature Commandos!? :o :o :o

daglob

:D

Of course. He's been on my list forever, and this was as good an excuse as any to finally skin/scope him.

MikeB7

Really enjoying this thread, cool to see things come together all literally and whatnot

Deaths Jester

Cyber Burn

Nothing fancy, just another Thug to add to the collection.

spydermann93

Can never have enough Fodder, no sirree

daglob

Something I really need to finish...

OrWolvie1

Quote from: daglob on August 10, 2019, 03:43:29 AM
Something I really need to finish...

Sweet! Now all we need is a few Colonial Warriors and maybe a Viper or two Looks awesome!

spydermann93

Starsky

Wow Thumbs up on the skin and look of the character. Looks very sharp." By your command " Lotar? Vipers 1 and 2 clear to launch..... Sad how the series was cut short in telling the tale. I had a few of Richard Hatch HC books and they were a joy to read. I even DL the fan made YouTube Galactica series he made in the early 2000's before he went on the remake tv show . The special effects were a bit cheesy but top marks for effort on all those who took part.---cheers and keep up the good work. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

GogglesPizanno

OMG it's Goggles!

Ive been away forever, but Naitvalis 40k skinning thread has inspired me to restart a test project I began a year ago and jump back on the forums (at least temporarily). I had hit a brick wall, but looking through what he had done somehow motivated me.  I don't really play the game too much these days, so this was just a technical exercise to try and get content into the game for the sake of doing it.

Now I cant really skin, I cant really model so all of these are basically a conversion of all the amazing work the 40k community has been doing for Tabletop Simulator -- so all credit goes to them. I basically hacked things apart in blender and started to Frankenstein them together again in Nifskope.

They are sorta mostly working with the occasional odd overlap. There is no character scaling, the FX points don't really exist at all, and the animations can yield some interesting messes. But you can load them up and play around with them.

Maybe this will be as far as I get, maybe I'll keep poking. Worse case I do plan to release them in some state into the wild so the community can play with them.

Assault Marine
Spoiler

Tactical Marine
Spoiler

Terminator Marine
Spoiler

Dreadnaught
Spoiler

Ironclad
Spoiler

Knight
Spoiler

spydermann93

:eek2:

Those look so awesome, Goggles!

I've thought about porting TTS models over before, but I was unsure how to get the models converted into blender. What was your process for doing it?

daglob

SickAlice

First off hooray Goggles! Second still on Halloween Girl. It's a labor of love and I'm making most of the costume by hand in 3d.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on September 06, 2019, 09:04:47 PM
First off hooray Goggles! Second still on Halloween Girl. It's a labor of love and I'm making most of the costume by hand in 3d.

Well, you know the Halloween Challenge will start on October 1st...

windblown

It's been a while since my last post here. A year ago I was working in a set of New Mutants skopes which were going to be skinned by AfghanAnt, but we never finished them. In hopes of getting back to the skoping world, the other day I was looking at my files. I did some modifications on the skopes and I put together a kittbashed skin (based in AfghanAnt's) for previewing them.

The first one is Sunspot:

Also... I've been working in other (random) mutants that I'll be previewing during the next days.