News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

What've you skoped lately?

Started by Blkcasanova247, December 24, 2008, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windblown

Those New Mutants need some enemies, so here is:

Empath is one of the original Hellions and he has the power to manipulate other people's emotions.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

I have all the Phoenix 5 models halfway done if you're interested. Never finished them because those Phoenix keyframes are just huge and it's too much for me too handle.

windblown

I've been quite busy this week so I couldn't log into the forums nor pack the New mutants to send them to Pod yet.

I'll be previewing two mutants today:

The former nurse and lover of Charles Xavier: Amelia Voght, an Acolyte with the power of turning herself into a mist and teleport through astral planes.
*I didn't work on the mist form yet, but I have a couple of ideas if there's interest on her.

The Black Bishop of the Hellfire Club Harry Leland, a mutant capable of manipulating the mass of any object or person.

Quote from: SickAlice on February 03, 2020, 04:26:33 AM
I have all the Phoenix 5 models halfway done if you're interested. Never finished them because those Phoenix keyframes are just huge and it's too much for me too handle.

Yes please :) I've finished Cyclops and Emma, I have Magik and Namor half done and didn't start with Colossus yet. But taking a look at your meshes can be helpful. I understand what you're talking about the keyframes, working on them it's the easiest way of burning out.

Podmark

Those both look great and I don't recall seeing either skinned before.
On the skinning front I've been doing something to warm up and should have it to preview soon.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

OrWolvie1

:eek2: Those are fantastic! I love Harry Leland! Any chance that you may be working on the rest of the Hellfire Club?

SickAlice

I'll get em together. And I hear ya about burning out. My current project has eight new strings that need to be added manually. The Phoenix keys have twenty some just for the Phoenix mesh alone.

Podmark

Quote from: Deaths Jester on February 06, 2020, 10:56:07 PM
Quote from: Podmark on February 06, 2020, 12:58:17 AM
On the skinning front I've been doing something to warm up and should have it to preview soon.

<- secretly skinned Voght ages ago - like back when EF was still around..... &lt;_&lt;

Well its not a secret anymore. :)
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Wow, great stuff, WB!  I am really excited about the potentials for Medusa that might come from your work on Lorelei.  It's also great to see a dedicated Leland!  He's in MA, but I would love to see a new version of him and Pierce.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

Quote from: Podmark on February 06, 2020, 12:58:17 AM

Yay! ^_^ Maybe it's time to skope some "new" New X-men then.

Quote from: OrWolvie1 on February 06, 2020, 04:44:17 AM
:eek2: Those are fantastic! I love Harry Leland! Any chance that you may be working on the rest of the Hellfire Club?

Yes! Pierce, Shaw and Selene for sure :).

Quote from: Deaths Jester on January 19, 1970, 07:10:29 AM

<- secretly skinned Voght ages ago - like back when EF was still around..... &lt;_&lt;

And if you want to do it again you only need to say a word :P

btw, time to preview:

Skids

Podmark

Yay skids. I always liked Skids.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jimaras8

Its nice to see such traction and anticipation to the forum, hasnt been like that in a while.

Wb do those skopes involve personalised fx as well?

windblown

We have a modern character today, the tecnopath mutant:

Trinary

Quote from: Jimaras8 on February 09, 2020, 12:02:54 PM
Wb do those skopes involve personalised fx as well?

Some of them, like Karma, have them because I had worked on them before burning out, but I still didn't work on fx after it.

Podmark

Nice, I'll definitely skin that!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Quote from: Podmark on February 10, 2020, 11:16:19 PM
Nice, I'll definitely skin that!

Glad to hear that! I need to work on her keyframes then, I have some ideas for her.

Meanwhile, and sporting a new suit, here is:

Pete Wisdom

Podmark

Looks good. I'm curious how it looks in action since the body is mostly new.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

That's lovely all around. I've been working on a Selene as well speaking of, specifically her Necrosha look. It's on hiatus while I finish Lady Death though.

BentonGrey

Wow, that is a rather gorgeous skin/skope!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

windblown

Pod is skinning again, so it's time to skope some new toys to get him busy  :P

One of the lights of Generation Hope that hasn't been skoped yet:

Primal

And an updated version for another one:

Velocidad

Quote from: Podmark on February 14, 2020, 12:54:15 AM
Looks good. I'm curious how it looks in action since the body is mostly new.
I need to find out how to upload short videos, since I'm using imgur now and I think it doesn't support them.

BentonGrey

I don't know the characters, but the skopes are looking great and I can't wait to see the skins!
God Bless

Podmark

Nice! I was thinking of doing Velocidad soon too.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Two new previews today:

Outlaw is a mutant with superhuman strength, durability, and incredible skill and accuracy with firearms. She sometimes works with Deadpool or Domino. The skin is a kitbashed one from AA, just for preview.

Moira MacTaggert (The lab coat, ID card and glasses can be hidden). She was requested by OrWolvie1 at the "looking for mutant ideas" thread(still looking for ideas if someone wants to add something).

BentonGrey

Nice!  Great work on both.  Really impressive skope detail with the ID card!
God Bless

OrWolvie1

Quote from: windblown on February 17, 2020, 09:10:38 PM
Two new previews today:

Outlaw is a mutant with superhuman strength, durability, and incredible skill and accuracy with firearms. She sometimes works with Deadpool or Domino. The skin is a kitbashed one from AA, just for preview.

Moira MacTaggert (The lab coat, ID card and glasses can be hidden). She was requested by OrWolvie1 at the "looking for mutant ideas" thread(still looking for ideas if someone wants to add something).

Sweet!! They all look awesome! Love the attention to detail

Podmark

Those both look great, and Moira is particularly relevant these days.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Two new mutants today:

Firestar, after years affiliated to the New Warriors and the Avengers, she got a teaching job at the Jean Grey School and then became an X-Man.

and

Chimera, a mutant able to generate ectoplasmic bursts in the form of dragons . She was requested by SickAlice at the "looking for mutant ideas" thread, I still need to work on her powers/animations.

BentonGrey

Cool!  Both of them are looking great!
God Bless

daglob

Podmark

They both look great.
Many years ago I had a Firestar set of skins that I never released. I should probably revisit those.
Chimera always had a nice design.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

SickAlice

Chimera! I was introduced to her in Wolverine comics. Regrettably she was wearing that stupid bondage outfit then, an issue or so apart from Zoe Culloden I think? It was one of the lead-ups to issue 100.

I just finished Mondo Gecko's skateboards myself so more a hand built 3d model than skoping thing. Trying to sculpt the head and neck now into something I'm comfortable with.