Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Seasons Greetings!

Author Topic: The Marvel Thread  (Read 118945 times)

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
Re: The Marvel Thread
« Reply #3510 on: December 24, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
I heard about both of those. Of those, Iceman, Luke Cage, Gwenpool, Generation X, Hawkeye and America. The writer of Captain Marvel says on Twitter it's not ending, though it's apparently off the March Solicits.

I've been expecting Gen X to be cancelled since pretty much since it was announced. I'm ok with that. I quite like the book, but the nice thing about X-Men books like this one is most of these characters will bounce off to some other book (indeed, Gen X was aplenty with X-Men student cameos, Anole and Transsonic made cameos in this week's issue) Assuming some writer like Chris Yost doesn't just kill some of them off.

Hawkeye's a shame, but I never read the rest after Fraction's run, and I like to think Kate will bounce on to some other book in the future. I hear Champions is having a membership drive! (that's not a joke, they're literally doing a membership drive in an upcoming issue)

Speaking of Champions, the now-wrapped up Avengers/Champions crossover had some important ramifications:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #3511 on: December 24, 2017, 02:33:51 PM »
As usual,Bleeding Stool gang are offended becuse they canceled 2 titles with gay leads.Maybe because they werent selling?Just guessing.Which can happen when you have books about characters nobody cares for,written by people nobody heard off.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Online daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #3512 on: December 31, 2017, 01:30:51 AM »
Love him or hate him, but Stan Lee turned 95 Thursday.

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #3513 on: December 31, 2017, 02:56:01 AM »
There are people who hate Stan Lee? That's news to me.
Congrats to him. I've been saying all year that if he made it out of 2017 alive, it means he's effectively immortal. Which certainly seems to be the case in his movie appearances.

Online daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #3514 on: December 31, 2017, 03:08:03 AM »
I like the idea that he's The Watcher of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Offline GhostMachine

• Flying through the sky, poking evil in the eye!
    • My Comic Art gallery
« Reply #3515 on: December 31, 2017, 03:21:41 AM »
'Stan Lee' was a category on yesterday's Jeopardy. The first and last questions were videos of him doing the asking (like Alex's Clue Crew).

Naturally, I got them all right.  :thumbup:

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #3516 on: December 31, 2017, 06:08:56 AM »
There are people who hate Stan Lee? That's news to me.
About that,truth is probably in the middle.He probably did claim more credit then he deserved,but I doubt he was a Bob Kane level douchebag some people make him out to be.
Jon Farmer

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #3517 on: January 03, 2018, 05:14:47 AM »
Looks like there are good chances that the new creative team on ASM will be Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley.Kind of a perfect storm in the making.
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
« Reply #3518 on: January 07, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
Well, Spencer was rumored awhile back. I'm apparently the only person in comics fandom who doesn't hate Spencer now so I'm all in. You'd think I hate the prospect since the argument could be made that Spencer's Cap was very much of the same "comics as open hostility" vibe as Slott, but the difference is I personally never found any of the stuff Spencer did in his run offensive (not meaning to belittle anyone who did, I'm just saying I didn't dislike it) I'm not sure what the approach will be (I'm personally hoping for "Anti-Slott") but it'd have to actively try to suck to be as bad as Slott's run. As for Ottley, he can suck a lime. I didn't like him on Invincible and I don't expect I'll like him on Spidey. But I've accepted at this stage that the universe assigns artists on my books specifcialy to spite me and (Why hello there Aaron Kuder and Nick Bradshaw on Infinity Countdown gag me with a spoon) At this rate I'm expecting when Thunderbolts finally comes back it'll be drawn by Frank Miller circa Holy Terror.

Jim Zub and Charles Soule each have mystery projects to be announced in the future. I've got my fingers crossed, (for a little freaky deaky) not necessarily for Thunderbolts but at least for something I'd be interested in. Also Gail Simone is writing a Domino series. I don't expect to read it myself but good for her.

Over in Astonishing X-Men:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 02:40:45 PM by Silver Shocker »

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #3519 on: January 09, 2018, 07:25:53 PM »
There will be a new Exiles series.With the movie/Valkyre as one of the characters.How creative. #houseofideas
Jon Farmer

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #3520 on: January 14, 2018, 04:55:01 PM »
And Marvel got Conan back.Because they are satisfied with driving their own heroes into ground.
Also,I wont find out what was up with that guy from Busieks run.Okay,it was obvious who he was,but the plot is left unresolved.
Dan Buckley is kicked upstairs and John Nee is the new Publisher.Im not at all familiar with him.He was doing some manga related work for DC and Wildstorm.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:27:44 PM by HarryTrotter »
Jon Farmer