Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Marvel Thread

Started by Previsionary, December 24, 2008, 11:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

RE: Messiah War
I am so stoked.
Actually I really like this idea better than Messiah Complex.
Here are a few reasons why:
1. I started (heavily) reading comics in the early 90's
2. X-Force, Deadpool, and Cable were my favourites at the time
3. Domino and Cable together again
4. "Your scratching my brain, a little to the left please."
5. Dayspring Goodness! Waiting to see some As'kani Son references
Although I do feel that they've ruined Bishop beyond all reconciliation... the same has been said of Gambit and Archangel in the past. (and I think Wolverine may have killed more people than Bishop)

AfghanAnt

So GOTG...what did anyone else think?

Spoiler
I was extremely annoyed with the choice to strip Phyla of the quantum bands and make her the avatar of Death. Besides the costume not being appealing, I really hate how it was like "well Nova needs these more than you and you have other powers so I'm just going to take these, laterz!"

Podmark

Haven't been reading GOTG but I have read Nova.

Spoiler

From the Nova POV I liked it. I'm a big Quasar (Wendell) fan so its been cool having him back in the book and making Richard Nova works for me short term.

I'm not going comment on Phyla for now. I hope to pick up GOTG later on at some point so I'll be able to better comment then.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

The Hitman

Podmark

Dark X-Men?
Loks like Emma, Xavier, Namor, Cloak and Dagger, Mimic, Daken and some Omega guy.
It's either a new series, or part of the Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men crossover I'd think.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

SO Cloak and Dagger are Dark X-Men now and Ty has become Hispanic possibly Indian? I'm a lot annoyed and confused.

Also Daken is a Avenger and X-Men? He really is his father's son.

EDIT: I don't think it is Cloak and Dagger after all, it is more likely Exodus and Dazzler.

Previsionary

lol, AA, Hitman and I said something similar in the shack. Also, I wish Emma would lose her wolverine-esque trait of appearing everywhere.

I don't think that's Dazzler. Costume doesn't match and she hasn't really done anything since New Excalibur, and all she managed to do there was die a lot (putting Jean to shame).
Disappear when you least expe--

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on April 03, 2009, 01:45:01 PM
lol, AA, Hitman and I said something similar in the shack. Also, I wish Emma would lose her wolverine-esque trait of appearing everywhere.

I don't think that's Dazzler. Costume doesn't match and she hasn't really done anything since New Excalibur, and all she managed to do there was die a lot (putting Jean to shame).

I really have a feeling is it Dazzler. She's been in UXM doing nothing and Exodus and Dazzler were a couple and AOA and they as seen with Sunfire, Marvel isn't afraid to reuse 10 year old ideas. Plus why would Dagger be without Cloak yet again and what happened to the Cloak and Dagger comic? http://savetherobot.wordpress.com/2008/07/29/cloak-and-dagger-get-new-series-in-2009/

marhawkman

I'm wondering if the 2-april thing is a coincidence.

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 03, 2009, 12:45:28 PM
SO Cloak and Dagger are Dark X-Men now and Ty has become Hispanic possibly Indian? I'm a lot annoyed and confused.

Also Daken is a Avenger and X-Men? He really is his father's son.

EDIT: I don't think it is Cloak and Dagger after all, it is more likely Exodus and Dazzler.

I've seen speculation that these might not be who they appear to be too.
Either way too early to be annoyed as we really have no idea what this could be. Marvel is tricky like that sometimes.

I'm really expecting this to be part of the Dark Avengers/Uncanny crossover.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Spectre Lad

I am looking forward to Ultimatum 4. Loeb is out Loebing himself.

cmdrkoenig67

The "Cloak" in the pic does indeed, look very much like Exodus...But "Dagger" doesn't look at all like Dazzler (wrong hair color/length and nothing of the costume suggests it's Dazzler...You'd think there would be some clue)...It would be funny if it was Darkstar back from the dead.

I wonder why Emma would be wearing black, though?  She's never worn black, has she?

It's got to be the ever-whiney, Weapon Omega in the red and white (behind "Emma").  He's floating and too small of frame to be Omega Red (as some folks have suggested on other boards)...And thank dog he's not in Canada and in the Guardian uniform, anymore...Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Daken is of course, easy to spot if his claws (or tattoos) are showing...Typical of Marvel to start having Daken on various teams...Like father, like son? 

I'm also guessing that's Mimic in the back as folks have suggested...I doubt it's Warren.

Maybe "Xavier" is really Lex Luthor?  LOL!

Speculating is fun, but in the end...The only book I'm getting lately is GOTG.

Dana

detourne_me

my guesstimations:
Spoiler

prof.x = sebastian shaw (he still has sideburns
dark white queen = lady mastermind
cloak = exodus
dagger = vertigo with a dye job
daken and namor
mimic in the back
and the omega guy is probably the new guardian from omega flight, now called weapon omega

Spectre Lad

I am pretty sure those aren't sideburns just shadow/inking on Xavier.

Also Dazzler is currently shorting long hair blonde hair just like the female in the preview: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Dazzler_wiki.png

I personally think it is Dagger though.

Previsionary

Astonishing #29 preview...3 months later

As far as Shaw goes, unless he broke out of Emma's prison and broke the mental images she implanted in his head, he shouldn't be doing all too much for the next few months.

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on April 06, 2009, 03:20:44 PM

As far as Shaw goes, unless he broke out of Emma's prison and broke the mental images she implanted in his head, he shouldn't be doing all too much for the next few months.

Unless Emma let him out. That might be her on the team.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

Quote from: Podmark on April 06, 2009, 03:26:54 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on April 06, 2009, 03:20:44 PM

Unless Emma let him out. That might be her on the team.

Perhaps, but she seemed particularly mad at him at the time (ignoring the way her personality seems to fluctuate). Not to mention that Namor WOULDN'T work with Shaw and would be particularly cross at Emma for deceiving him. Also, I don't know if Daken would willingly work with Sebastian Shaw again considering their last meeting in the crossover. Speaking of, where's Ms. Sinister been of late?
------------

Annnnnyway, no one reviewed X-infernus #4 which sets up the "new" new mutants. All that happened was that Megan lost another part of her soul and Illyana was convinced to stay with the X-men at the very end.

Now, onto claremont's latest offering of: X-men: Sword of the Braddocks.

Spoiler
One would think that with a title like that, the book would focus on Psylocke and Brian. Incorrect. The book mostly focused on a storyline from Exiles that wasn't tied up: Psylocke vs. alternate time hopper, Slaymaster. After Slaymaster killed yet another Betsy, and a version of himself that made him stronger, Psylocke decides it's time to stop running and finally deal with her foe. She has Sage run a simulation of Slaymaster, but she royally loses to him. She then decides to run (with cyber sage) to gather her thoughts. During the run, she sees an image of Slaymaster killing her brother as a form of revenge (odd) and decides she'll head back to Britain to save her brother. She does so and Slaymaster almost takes her out with a headshot from a high powered gun. She survives thanks only to a military helmet she got from somewhere and she and Slaymaster fight. Brian then interrupts the fight and is happy to see his sister. Slaymaster then shoots Brian with an energy projectile and aims to finish him off with another shot, which Psylocke taKes in Brian's place. Psylocke eventually wins the fight (while thinking and telling the reader every move she's does AS it takes place) and returns to the exiles. The story ends just after Psylocke kisses sabretooth and the rest of the book is a bakcup story.
It was a bleh story. I don't particularly care for her new rivalry with Slaymaster, though I did like the flashback to her time as Captain Britain when she first met Slaymaster. Um, Brian was particularly pointless in the book and I'm not a huge fan of Psylocke being all lovey dovey with AOA Sabre. All I can say is, "thank the heavens this storyline is finished and she can return to 616 without claremont soon." 1.5 out of 5. The backup story was mildly entertaining...to a degree.
-------------------

Exiles #1 preview by Jeff Parker.
Ultimate Hulk vs. Wolverine

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Spectre Lad on April 06, 2009, 02:44:59 PM
I am pretty sure those aren't sideburns just shadow/inking on Xavier.

Also Dazzler is currently shorting long hair blonde hair just like the female in the preview: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Dazzler_wiki.png

I personally think it is Dagger though.

I also think it's probably Dagger.

Dazzler is and always was a strawberry blond (except when she had the pink dye job), the lady in the Dagger outfit has light blond hair, almost platimunm blonde (hence my comment about being the wrong color)...I have to ask why the heck would Dazzler join a group of villains and anti-heroes, though?  Some of them are murderers and I don't see Allison hanging out with them.  Dagger on the other hand has been more of a vigilante, she and Cloak have even killed criminals, I believe (I could be mistaken about that, though).

Dana

Podmark

LITG has reported that Cloak and Dagger are "joining the X-books as regular team characters".
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

marhawkman

Yeah, as if Exodus would resort to playing second fiddle to Emma, Namor, or Osborn...

Podmark

The Dark Avengers cover has been confirmed as the cover to Uncanny 513.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20717

It mentions a book called Dark X-Men written by Mike Carey but the context makes it unclear. It sounded to me like Fraction might've been waving away speculation.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

seems mildly interesting, though I hope the "sex scenes" comment was a joke, because I've gotten more than my fill of Emma and Cyclops. ^^

Ares_God_of_War

Naw they will make a new spin off series called "Emma does Marvel"
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Previsionary

Ha.

CB&MI13 #12 Preview: CLICK

Jeff Parker's take on his Exiles team.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on April 07, 2009, 04:13:31 AM
LITG has reported that Cloak and Dagger are "joining the X-books as regular team characters".

It doesn't confirmed enough for me and Rich is notorious for getting his information wrong. He could be running with the whole that's Cloak and Dagger because a bunch of noobs said so. I'm at least standing by that being Exodus and it possibly being Dazzler or someone who isn't Dagger. For me it doesn't make sense that they would use Dagger without Cloak again. Also where is Cloak!?

The Hitman

If the team is full of (possible) villians, could the gal in the Dagger suit be Vertigo?

EDIT: Nevermind, just remembered she was eaten by Predator X in Messiah Whatever.

Podmark

Quote from: The Hitman on April 08, 2009, 04:41:09 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, just remembered she was eaten by Predator X in Messiah Whatever.

Bah that means nothing:
1) Maruaders have been cloned multiple times
2) In X-Force a couple Vertigo clones showed up (and died)
3) Supposedly there's a second Vertigo that lives in the Savage Land, I'm not sure of her status though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

marhawkman

Actually it's never been clear whether or not the original Vertigo EVER worked for Sinister.

I think it's Cloak because it's absurd to have Exodus actually join someone else's team.

GhostMachine

Picked up my comics today, and the only Marvel book in my box was Avengers/Invaders #9. (The only other Marvel title I am reading at the moment is Captain America) I haven't had time to sit down and read it yet, but if you're not reading Avengers/Invaders, I highly recommend picking up the eventual TPB.

thanoson

That is Daggers outfit, btw.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!