Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Marvel Thread

Started by Previsionary, December 24, 2008, 11:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoDarke

Quote from: Previsionary on August 29, 2009, 12:14:17 AM
I count Colossus's child!

*wonders what it is about the savage land that makes the "All New" X-men produce spawns they don't know about despite being on said island millions of times...*

And didn't Logan also adopt a kid or something?

Anyway, just read Wolverine: First Class... gotta love how PAD digs at all the people that download Wolverine Origins before it was done. That's so him.

Pfft! I stopped counting how many kids, mostly girls for some reason, Logan has adopted. Though I still think Daken should hold his head as soon as he hears Laura story. Maybe Logan's family should go see family counseling. Should probably be someone they can't hack apart though. Ah hell, just send 'em all out camping. Ether they'll kill each other, or they won't.
I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

Podmark

Wolverine considers X-23 his sister. At least that's how he introduced her to the other kids in New X-Men.

Wolvie has 2 sons, Daken and Erista, and an adopted girl who I think is Japanese.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

deano_ue

anyone else read dark avengers, it wasn't bad and had quite a few things happen which will impact future x-men stories

Podmark

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on August 29, 2009, 09:11:50 PM
anyone else read dark avengers, it wasn't bad and had quite a few things happen which will impact future x-men stories

I'm waiting to buy the Utopia story either as a trade or on sale at my shop. What I've seen and heard it seems decent.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on August 29, 2009, 09:11:50 PM

Share, share TUE!

Dana

Ajax

Quote from: NeoDarke on August 29, 2009, 07:23:59 AM

*wonders what it is about the savage land that makes the "All New" X-men produce spawns they don't know about despite being on said island millions of times...*

Anyway, just read Wolverine: First Class... gotta love how PAD digs at all the people that download Wolverine Origins before it was done. That's so him.

Pfft! I stopped counting how many kids, mostly girls for some reason, Logan has adopted. Though I still think Daken should hold his head as soon as he hears Laura story. Maybe Logan's family should go see family counseling. Should probably be someone they can't hack apart though. Ah hell, just send 'em all out camping. Ether they'll kill each other, or they won't.

Family counseling you say? Someone they can't hack apart you say? Look no further Deadpool merc with a coach is here!

NeoDarke

Quote from: Ajax on August 31, 2009, 03:55:32 AM
Quote from: NeoDarke on August 29, 2009, 07:23:59 AM

Family counseling you say? Someone they can't hack apart you say? Look no further Deadpool merc with a coach is here!
No, sadly, I believe Daken can hurt the Merc with the Mouth now. :( Nice try though, gold star. :thumbup:
I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: marhawkman on August 30, 2009, 08:27:48 PM
Here's a spoilerific summary: http://uncannyxmen.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6224

Thank you, Marhawkman....That website banner made me very sad, though....I miss Alpha Flight soooooooooo bad.

Dana

cmdrkoenig67

Ugh...

Spoiler
I flipping hate Michael Pointer even more now...He's just a flipping mutant vampire and he doesn't seem to give a fig about draining others...They should just make him totally a villain.  I know he survives this crosover with the X-Men...But I just wish that Wolvie would gut Pointer for killing Mac and Heather (they were like Logan's family for pete's sake!).

Thank Dog, Cloak and Dagger left "Dark X-Men"...These two need to be on a hero team.

Dana

marhawkman

Yeah, Pointer seems to have gone completely insane.

Previsionary

New week, new comics, new reviews. Who's up first? If I do review something this week (doubtful), it'll be the final issue of Exiles...

*tear*
Disappear when you least expe--

Previsionary

Exiles #6: The Finale (3)

I really don't have an opening for this review because what is there to really say about a book that was only given 6 issues to shine after a horrible 30 (plus) issue + mini Claremont run? Not much, right? Well, last issue, the team successfully completed their mission and decided to go back to the Earth of their first mission and really fix it. How well does that go, you ask? Click the looooong spoiler on this Mega issue finale!

Spoiler
Following the completion of the last mission, the Exiles return to the world where Magneto was king and intend to fix it. How, you ask? By forcing the X-men and the Brotherhood to hate each other by revealing Cyclops is having a psychic affair with Emma. Shocking!

Following the completion of the mission, and the death of Scarlet Witch (Magneto version), the team is sent on vacation. As their time winds down, Forge places a tracking device on Blink's tallus -- without her knowledge -- and the team end up at the Crystal Palace while Morph ends up at their next intended place of business. BP knocks Blink out and the team try to find out the truth behind their situation. It's here that we learn that the Exiles realized Blink was helping Morph and, when Morph and Blink find the team again, they reveal the truth. Not only that, Heather and Nocturne are back on the scene and we learn that Claremont's exiles, minus Psylocke, have been sealed and put in stasis by someone. Morph was the only survivor.

As the original Exiles catch up the New new Exiles on the details behind their current situation, the talus sparks to life and the crystal palace shakes with fury. Parts of the palace begin to take on the form of a large female woman, and the Exiles are eaten and come face to face with... Kang the conquerer! However, this Kang isn't bad, and he explains that he was the reason the Exiles were needed. Blink then realizes that the Exiles were never meant to be returned to their timelines. It's then revealed that the other Exiles that were still active were simply absorbed into the crystal palace because, "staying too long in the eye of time slowly makes you join the structure of the zone--a collective conscious."

After this discussion, the current Exiles look into each of their timeline to see what life is like without them and to see if they can safely return. Each of them learn they can't, although Beast could, but his lover, Wonderman, is dead. FOllowing this conclusion, the Exiles continue to work together to help save the timeline, and the original exiles agree to help training new teams. They also decide, along with klang, that access to the crystal palace should be limited and each of them are granted talluses to help keep Kang free. Anyway, Nocturne replaces Blink and the new team head off onto a mission as Blink prepares to train a new team.

In Wakanda on Earth 9744-what-the-heck-ever, Beast explains that the current truth behind the crystal palace will also change because the timeline acts like a loop. So, the timebroker, bugs, old couple, etc. where all true at one point. As the team begins their mission, we learn that the Wanda that was killed in the beginning of the book was actually Exiles Wanda and Wanda (Magneto) replaced her. The end.

Ummm... I don't know what to say about this book. It didn't have enough issues to come to a proper ending, but I liked seeing Heather and Nocturne again. I wish Tbird was in the book, but at least they mentioned him. I don't know how I feel about the ending to the Claremont Exiles, and I'm still waiting on someone to explain Psylocke's departure more clearly but whatever. I give Jeff props for attempting to explain a lot of stuff in this issue, but I'm sure if I were to think about some of it for more than a moment, it'd cave in on itself. I'm so misplaced on this issue because on one hand, it completed everything it could while giving us A LOT of explanation, but on the other, parts of it felt rushed or convoluted. The info dump section, which was the last half of the book, was a bit boring and edged on the side of difficult to read, but can that really be blamed on Jeff? I could probably spend more time on jumping back and forth on this issue, but I think I'll just settle on giving this book a 3. It has the humor and style of the origianl 5 issues + some twists and turns, and a whole lot of data dumpage. Also, a character is revealed to be gay, which I find funny, because like the Scott/Jean/Emma section of the book, it too was an allusion to a Morrison storyline. Did I just spoil who it was in the non-spoiler section? Oh well.

marhawkman

*implodes* Urg.... >_< oookay... not a good way to end it.

Previsionary

Guess who's coming back in Necrosha (event) gang... could it be... 616 Blink? Yes, it is.

*sigh*

It's... too soon. AOA Blink just left us again... *disappears via shadows... attacks Canadia*

marhawkman

But this isn't AoA Blink.  This is a different person who is probably a bit less.... nice.

Previsionary

I did differentiate between them. If I had a choice between Blinks, I want the one I love... AOA! 616 Blink is actually an old character that wasn't around long enough for many to people to get attached to her (she sacrificed herself for her friends). So, I think it'll be interesting to see how C&C write her in contrast to AoA Blink.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on September 11, 2009, 10:14:07 PM
I did differentiate between them. If I had a choice between Blinks, I want the one I love... AOA! 616 Blink is actually an old character that wasn't around long enough for many to people to get attached to her (she sacrificed herself for her friends). So, I think it'll be interesting to see how C&C write her in contrast to AoA Blink.

I agree. The only Blink I know and love is AOA and frankly 616 Blink (who I suspected never died) looks like a skanky thrall.

Previsionary

Guess who's getting a New Avenger spinoff title written by Rick Remender according to Wizard Magazine?

Spoiler
Doctor Voodoo

This news does nothing for me, but I figured someone might be interested. :P

The Hitman

Someone like me. I already added this to my pull.

Previsionary

Craig Kyle and Chris Yost X-force interview:

Spoiler

AfghanAnt

After reading that I wish they were in control of all the X-titles together.

deano_ue

i'm surprised no one is talking about the end of the new thunderbolts

Spoiler
osborne puts a bullet at close range in furys head, $5 it's a duplicate though

marhawkman

Hehe... They're certainly good at what they do.

murs47

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on September 12, 2009, 07:38:00 PM
i'm surprised no one is talking about the end of the new thunderbolts

Spoiler
osborne puts a bullet at close range in furys head, $5 it's a duplicate though

more than likely.

Spoiler
i wonder why ant-man didn't tip off norman to the ghost helping widow and songbird out. he was tailing them the entire time

Podmark

Quote from: Previsionary on September 11, 2009, 09:54:23 AM
Guess who's coming back in Necrosha (event) gang... could it be... 616 Blink? Yes, it is.

*sigh*

It's... too soon. AOA Blink just left us again... *disappears via shadows... attacks Canadia*

Bah we've known this since back before Messiah War. People need to look closely at the art...and know her costume...and make the logic jump that's it's 616 Blink instead of AoA Blink...All of which I did.

*Attacks Previsionary with 1000 super missiles*
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on September 12, 2009, 11:06:19 PM
*Attacks Previsionary with 1000 super missiles*

*joins in the festivities*

Podmark

Anyone ever hear about this?

"Starting in November, things won't be the same for the X-Men.  Marvel has stated that Cable and Hope will complete their journey home.  What will their return mean for the rest of mutantkind?
Their story, Cable: The Long Way Home will run as interconnected short stories (appearing as bonus content) in Psylocke #1, Dark X-Men #1, X-Men Legacy #230 and X-Force #22.  This is said to be "the most shocking change to the X-Men you can imagine."  Will Hope save or damn mutantkind?"

Was at comicvine looking up pics of X-Men and saw this news post, but this is the first I've heard of it. Wondering if it's real.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

marhawkman

I think Bishop finally realizes the truth and kills himself.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: marhawkman on September 13, 2009, 06:16:31 PM
I think Bishop finally realizes the truth and kills himself.

I dont think that is going to happen.