Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Happy Holidays!

Author Topic: The Marvel Thread  (Read 164954 times)

Offline HarryTrotter

Re: The Marvel Thread
« Reply #3660 on: February 03, 2019, 06:50:27 AM »
Asm #13-14
Frank Grimes.Junior. ☺️
The Simpsons didnt invent that one,but I keept thinking Frank Grimes Jr the whole time.
From #14___ Peter,you are only in your mid 20s.
No,not even in comic book time.No way.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #3661 on: February 13, 2019, 07:17:10 AM »
 ^_^ I was thinking the same thing, in both cases.
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #3662 on: February 13, 2019, 01:07:57 PM »
Maybe Im just being obsessive about it,but by last count Fantastic Four #1 happened in 2001 (and Reed and Ben were WW2 veterans,but thats a story for another day) and assuming Peter was 15-16 at the time thats means hes now around 35-36.
Either avoid that question or at least try to keep up with your own internal logic.
Granted,quite a few people pointed out that 2001 date doesnt really work in the scope of the greater shared universe,but lets go with that for the sake of having a starting point.
Jon Farmer

Offline Silver Shocker

• Cuddly mascot
  • May the Porg be with you.
« Reply #3663 on: February 13, 2019, 11:40:08 PM »
Oh I know what you mean. I've been thinking about it since last night. Flash Thompson no longer served in Vietnam because if he did that'd make him around Stallone's age. But he did serve in Afganistan. Ditto Tony Stark being in the middle east, as adapted in the Iron Man movie.

But I was thinking about "teenager-turned young-adult" characters that debuted at least a decade after Peter Parker. If Pete's in his mid twenties, then what does that make Richie Rider, Cannonball, Sunspot, Danielle Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Speedball, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee,Darkhawk, and probably a bunch I forgot about?

Of course, I remember when Roger Stern did a sequel to "Nothing can Stop The Juggernaut" in post-OMD Spidey, and claimed the original 1982 storyline happened "months ago."

Then again, over at DC, Batman's entire comic history apparently happened in the span of 10 years.
"I just love doing cameos!"
~Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #3664 on: February 14, 2019, 12:03:45 AM »
Aside from Astro City - whose timeline runs congruent with the real world - all the comic timelines are borked. Just think, when they aged Cap A over at Marvel they only went to his mid-sixties/early seventies even though he served during WW2. He should've been about a hundred with a walker or a wheelchair, not a buffed up sixty-ish.

Course if the timelines made any sense, half of the major characters would be dead of old age by now...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Offline HarryTrotter

« Reply #3665 on: February 14, 2019, 06:24:59 AM »
Few that I can remember...Hellblazer ran in real time.So does Judge Dredd.
Punisher is also no longer a Vietnam vet.But Magneto is still a Holocaust survivor.Granted dying and coming back to life a few times could explain that.And Magneto was at one point de-aged to a baby.
IIRC sometimes in the new 52 Batman said hes been doing this for 12 years so he has to be at least in is mid 30's or close to 40.
Jon Farmer