Ending of Underworld Evolution

Started by captmorgan72, December 26, 2008, 07:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

I have a ongoing debate with a buddy of mine about the ending. I say that Selene and Michael both became human again after killing William and Marcus. If you pay attention in the scene when Selene puts her hand in the sunlight and tears start running down her face as she realizes that sunlight no longer harms her, you will see her eyes are now brown. I interpreted this as her becoming human again. The first lycan and vampire are now dead "lifting" the curse on all infected. My bud insists that they are both hybrids now, new creatures. I don't know maybe he is right but what do you guys think?

GhostMachine

Well, technically Michael was a hybrid to begin with. But Selene? My take is since Selene drank Alexander's blood, she became a super-vampire (ie, doesn't have the weakness to sunlight). Alexander did tell her that she would "become the future" if she drank his blood, which I took to mean she'd evolve into something more powerful since she'd be getting an infusion from the original source. My guess is one of side effects is that her eyes became normal; I doubt she turned human.

There's going to be a third movie out next year, Rise of the Lycans, but its a prequel, and I'm ticked Kate Beckinsale won't be in it.

steamteck

I agree with ghost machine both still not human.

I'm actually looking forward to the prequel. I really like Bill Nighly as Victor and I really like the guy who played Lucian so I can live without Kate. I hope they  do more with the story than in evolution. I liked the peaks intohe underworld creatures cultures and history  mostly lacking in the 2nd one. ( Although another one with Kate might be fun but they killed everyone worth killing)