News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's f-art area (Updated 10-3-09)

Started by Deaths Jester, December 29, 2008, 02:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Quote from: primus on August 03, 2009, 10:28:33 PM
I am very interested in seeing how this project turns out.  Just out of curiosity do you take requests?  Hint would love to see my avatar in such 3dness

At the moment I don't take requests, mainly because I've only recently started doing digital paintings and am just feeling it out at the moment.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Deaths Jester

A little something I put together for a future NPI thing...all done in Poser 7.  Can you guess who it is?

House Quake

Glitch Girl

I'm liking the expression and the lighting and the pose.  The background could use some work: mainly, move the rounded thing behind him (I can't quite make out what it is) to his left or right so it's not directly behind him.   I think to the right might be best so that the edge of the wall that's currently behind his right shoulder is behind his head.  Also, I'd suggest adding some contrast to it to make the lighting really pop (remember, post production is your friend ;) )   

I confess, I don't know who he is.  I feel the belt buckle is significant somehow as is the coat, but I really can't place him.  
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

Alright...here's a hint for who he is.  He's one of my NPI characters, that should really give everyone a big hint htere.

Quote from: Glitch Girl on August 14, 2009, 04:29:47 PM
I'm liking the expression and the lighting and the pose.  The background could use some work: mainly, move the rounded thing behind him (I can't quite make out what it is) to his left or right so it's not directly behind him.   I think to the right might be best so that the edge of the wall that's currently behind his right shoulder is behind his head.  Also, I'd suggest adding some contrast to it to make the lighting really pop (remember, post production is your friend ;) )   

I confess, I don't know who he is.  I feel the belt buckle is significant somehow as is the coat, but I really can't place him. 

Yeah, the background was kinda a throw in at the time but I'll go back and rework it to make it better.

-DJ

Deaths Jester

The pic with some of the stuff, GG asked for.  I didn't move the stuff behind him becuase it threw off the composition a bit to much.

House Quake

Deaths Jester

Deaths Jester

New stuff that I've been messing with in Poser.

Also need ye help on the following two, which one looks better is mainly what I need to know:

-DJ

Sevenforce

IMO? The bottom one. The lightings better. The background in the top one kinda detracts from the main character there and his vehicle.
I so need booze -_-

Deaths Jester

murs47

This stuff is pretty sweet. How's the digital painting you previewed coming along?

Deaths Jester

Quote from: murs47 on October 28, 2009, 10:27:57 PM
This stuff is pretty sweet. How's the digital painting you previewed coming along?

I ahd to go back to the drawing board on that on...thinking now of doing it via pencils instead of digital paint.

Deaths Jester

First attempt at using blending stumps with pencil, only about half way through.

Deaths Jester

Pencil work is done, now i move on to the digital work:

All critiques are welcome...actually their required...so do it!!!

Deaths Jester

Just ye everyday stereotypical dungeon crawlers, done in Poser:

martialstorm

Fantastic! The Poser work looks so natural and it takes a lot of work and patience.

Deaths Jester

ow_tiobe_sb

Wow (for the expert 3-D rendering of the Bunburyist) and Wow! (for the opportunity to share such illustrious company)

Well done, sir!  Cheers! :)

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Glitch Girl

Oh my, Glitchy grows up.  :)

Nice one DJ.  I like it.  Always fascinated by other people's interpretations of the character.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Deaths Jester

Alrighty, here's two more Poser pieces:

A for sure reason not to urine off Aly Catt

Some random Poser fun.

Deaths Jester

Just showing what I've got of C6 done..still need to go back and rework the textures though.

martialstorm

Brilliant, the pose on Cat is very dynamic and the C6 looks very realistic.

Deaths Jester

Deaths Jester

Been up to quite a lot of painting and such in Painter 11...so here it goes (all are thumbnailed due to size and amount):

Universe M445 (most recent piece)

Swirling Spirits

Untitled I (done for a friend who'll name it later)

What You Feel

Acidic Disco

More to come.

-DJ

Deaths Jester

Glitch Girl

I'm curious DJ, did this start out as a sketch or is it 100% digital?
-Glitch Girl

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Glitch Girl on November 03, 2011, 01:30:36 PM
I'm curious DJ, did this start out as a sketch or is it 100% digital?

Originally the face was a sketch I used for another piece, which I then reworked for this piece.  The rest is all digital work.

Deaths Jester

A piece I've been workin gon in my spare time...as you can tell, it's still nowhere near doen..but thought I'd let you blokes no I'm not jsut getting drunk for the fun of it...

Spoiler

-DJ

Previsionary

Quote from: Deaths Jester on December 17, 2012, 06:18:17 PM
A piece I've been workin gon in my spare time...as you can tell, it's still nowhere near doen..but thought I'd let you blokes no I'm not jsut getting drunk for the fun of it...

-DJ

Straight up lie, and you know it, and I don't know why you'd think we'd believe it.

Looks interesting, sir. She has intense eyes.
Disappear when you least expe--