News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

fired ideas

Started by bearded, December 31, 2008, 02:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

any ideas for how to do burning? over time, like acid or radiation.  if heat can't be configured, would there be a way to at least change the fx for radiation to a burning fx?

Cyber Burn

Conceptually speaking, that should be doable. Find the fx you want to change, make an extra copy of that and the tga files, rename the tga files, use a photo editor to change them, use nifskope to make the nifs point to the new tgas, put the new files where they belong and then make the new fx in the editor. but i've only done this with one fx, and it was only a shield throw for one of my customs. so i don't know how easy it would be for your idea. :wacko: i'm rambling, you can hit me now. :wacko:

bearded

that sounds good.  i'm lazy.  i was really hoping there would be an end.nif someone could recommend that already looks like burning.
what i really don't know how to do is make a new power the way ffx uses...what's it called?  the one with the marks over the head that makes ppl fall down?

Cyber Burn

Unfortunately, I never took the time to figure out FFX. So I'm stumped here. Sorry bearded.