Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Oh that's great!
Reminds me of the old FF story where Hitler was cloned and becomes the Hate Monger.
Iron Furher is such an awesome name too.

herodad1

The Enigma

Very Wolfenstein 3D, always a good way to get ideas. :)
The Enigma skin by Juancho, thanks Jay. Fate skin by Kitt Basher, thanks Kitt. Microhero by Reepicheep, thanks Reep. Fate smiley by Paradox. RIP dude.

daglob

Quote from: The Enigma on January 01, 2009, 12:19:09 PM
Very Wolfenstein 3D, always a good way to get ideas. :)

Yes, I've even thought about firing up my copy and taking a look at ol' Adolph in that last level.

daglob

For now, that's its name.

It probably won't have Hitler's face. Goering was too porky. We'll see.

daglob

I dunno; I don't think he looks a thing like Jugghead.

Jakew

MY GOD! Thanks DaGlob ... I've wanted Captain Hero for ages!

herodad1

that looks sweet D!i put my avatar on that mesh also and turned out good.heres an idea.....take off the cape, make it taller/bigger and it would be perfect for a Mr. INCREDIBLE!

Klauser

Hooray!  Someone finally skinned him.

Thanks so much!!!   :thumbup:

daglob

This is a kind of "To release or Not to release" post. Is there really any need for Female Basic Flat and Female Stretched Flat? I did them for Ultrawoman of the alternate Fantastic Four (although I'm still holding out hope that Johnny Patches will release a Plastic Woman scope).

The guy in black is Sunspot, at least how I remember him. I haven't read an X-Comic in years, and have no idea what's become of him. I need to do a little work on the "fire" file, though...

Call him Superman Wayne. This is my attempt at doing a Wayne Boring Superman for Yellow Lantern's great Silver Age Superman mesh. I'm just not sure about it.

The little guy in the middle is Manlet. He actually has been released. I just wanted to put a picture of him up.

I'll post The Other Captain Hero when I get his cape fixed.

daglob

I can't get it out of my mind:

MUST...NOT...DO...GREEN...ONE...FOR...BARON...STRUCKER!

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

Klauser

I'm really liking your take on the "Wayne Boring" Superman skin!

daglob

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on January 13, 2009, 03:31:09 AM
Come on, do a green one.  :thumbup:

You're no help.

But if I do a green one for Strucker, I'll have to do a purple one for Baron Zemo. I mean, where will it end? Where will it end?

I've already got his idea for at least two Luftkreiger skins-one kind of in a stylized Gestapo/SS uniform all in black leather, and a red one. I have this picture of Manfred von Richthoffen...

Sad thing is, I did look for pictures of Goering. Some of his earlier pictures, he looked like the epitome of the Aryan ubermensch. All that was gone in most of the WW II pictures. I did find some other WWII German aces, but can't find any suitable pics.

Jakew

Good idea with Red Skull ... my standard Red Skull doesn't last long against Cap in the Rumble Room.

Hmm, this is probably a little obscure, but any chance of doing Tank Man (villain from The Authority)?

http://www.sequart.com/authority/authority14a.jpg

He's the dude in the green armour, left from the front. He had a big armoured body and smaller armoured head.

daglob

Quote from: Jakew on January 14, 2009, 12:02:21 AM
Good idea with Red Skull ... my standard Red Skull doesn't last long against Cap in the Rumble Room.

Hmm, this is probably a little obscure, but any chance of doing Tank Man (villain from The Authority)?

http://www.sequart.com/authority/authority14a.jpg

He's the dude in the green armour, left from the front. He had a big armoured body and smaller armoured head.

You do realize that the name of my Yahoo groups is Character Obscura? Tank man could end up there one day.

Menawhile:

The red one has Manfred von Richthofen's face. The other guys has a generic Nazi face.

daglob

Well, the first lady is a certain Talented Amature. The thing that bothers me most (other than needing to warm up the skin tones), is that Diana Rigg's face has totally different proportions to the VX Female mesh (and the other female meshes, also). By the time I had moved her features around so that they lined up with the wireframe, she didn't look a lot like the result. I am having a similar problem with Earth Kitt was Catwoman. And she has pink ears, and her hair styles (I seem to find three of them for her as Catwoman) don't match any of the wigs.

The last character is supposed to be Sillhoette from The Minutemen. The costume is kind of a cross between the comic's lackluster version and the more decorative movie version. Maybe I shoud try to scope a vest on her...

UnkoMan

I like Silhouette the best here. Probably because she doesn't have a photoface. I think doing a photoface well is ever harder than just skinning one. Real human tones seem sorta weird on cartoony characters, for one thing, and it's so hard to get everything looking just right.

I don't think these ones are quite there. Though they do look like skins from an earlier era of video gaming. So passable but could be improved on. Catwoman's neck and torso don't match though.

But Silhouette, she's better. I like the hair, and everything else works nice. I see you toyed with wrinkles there. The ones around her crotch area seem too big and far apart. Hopefully you do those on a separate layer so you can easily resize and place them. And... say... is her jacket skinned on or meshed? I can't tell.

PS: Love that Nazi stuff.

daglob

Emma is about two years old. I haven't looked at her in awhile, and agree that she needs work. Catwoman is current, and is work in progress. I usually paint over the faces in the photo's, trying to use painting techniques and follow the photo. Sometimes this works (Hitler worked REAL well), other times it doesn't (this is Catwoman's second face). Silhoette is also curretn, but mostly finished. I hadn't noticed the wrinkles being disproportionate; I'll have to fix that. Her vest is skinned. IN some ways it looks okay, in others it looks a little funny.

I've found that finding a suitable picture of someone's face is almost never possible, but finding HALF a face is pretty easy.

Someone else had some beautiful Nazi stuff, but I don't think it has been released yet (too lazy to go look in the archives). I'm still looking for stuff that has that crazy Golden-Age feel to it, like Spaceman Eyebrow and Male Test Flight. The plastic bubble on Spaceman makes no sense (unless it's "Jet age plastic" and bullets bounce off), but it just looks so GA silly, that it fits. I know I've seen something l've something (probably a lot of somethings) like it. What I wish I could find is a giant robot with a plexiglass dome over the pilot's control station.. I'm talking Gold and Silver Age sweetness here. Black Castle would almost fit...

daglob

A couple of works in progress and some horseing around:

I'll probably try scoping some straggly hair onto the Scarecrow for some straw. If it works, I'll adapt the mesh to The Spider. Wonder Woman still needs work. For some reason the skirt thingy shows reflections and it has none: the reflection and the lightmap files are black. I got several suggestions about the flouncy thing in the front, and that problem will be tackled next.

And I just wanted to see what Ash would look like as a GL. I'm not sure about the mask, though, he might just go with some shades...

AfghanAnt

I like this version of Wondy a lot. For the skirt have you checked if your refl is named the same as the mesh piece? That's happened to me several times.

laughing paradox

I am really liking that Ash meets GL design.

I'm also glad that you got the back piece skirt for that WW set. I know you've been working on that particular design for a while.

daglob

AA:

I'll check that. It's the cape from Male Alpha Effects, and I thought I had all the parts that went with it. If all else fails, I'll just put the cape from Male Alpha on it, or some other alpha-enabled cape.

LP:

It keeps looking at me, like the GL of Mars KB I did. I may end up having to actually do a "real" version of it.

steamteck

Very cool.  Amazonia WW particularly intrigues me. I love your choices to skin in general!

daglob

More stuff:

Well, here is what Baron Strucker found in mothball at an old weapons cache. Tune it up, give it a paint job, some decals, and it's ready to go.

Skull-face here is a kitbash; all I did was add Psycho-Pirate's Nazi soldier skin to Valander's Doomguard mesh and Photoshop the skull red. It looks like something the Red Skyull would use as his private army. I may have to do a "real" version of this. Or I may do something similar for the regular Soldier mesh.

Then there is a version of Doc Samson that my not be releasable, but he's coming along. Still needs work.

Then there is The Golden Age Silk Specter. Some parts are done, but she is really onlhy about half finished.

Lastly, there is Hardcase. I just have to dress up a few things and he'll be ready to go.

herodad1

big D,those look incredible!give that doc samson the detail you put into hardcase(which looks very good) and it will be smokin'.really like baron struker too.thanks!!! :D

Vertex

Hardcase!!! I'm not the only person who read Malibu comics YAY Now if only someone read Comico and the Elementals.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

daglob