Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

laughing paradox

Hardcase is just whoa, as you know.

That Silk Spectre is unbelievable, too. That hairpiece is perfect. Where did you find that one?

daglob

Silk Specter is on an unreleased mesh. When it is released, I'll be finished (I hope) with this skin and release it also. You'll like the Standard version too.

UnkoMan

Hey, whoa... Is that a Dr. Syn skin? He has dual wielded pistol animations, right? And he'll also have the option to ride a horse?

If I'm mistaken... then dang.

daglob

He's on Pulp Versatile, so he'll have the pistols and a sword. If I was a more successful scoper, I'd put him on the Grim Ghost mesh or something. I'd also substitute flintlocks for the pistols. At present, that is a bit more than I can handle.

daglob

Scarecrow is coming along. Titan has already been posted. Someone else said they were workign on Killer Shrike, but this is what I've done. He's kind of an experiment, since, like the Captain Marvel skin I did for Yellow Lantern, I didn't use a base skin.

BentonGrey

Hey Daglob, nice work!  That Killer Shrike is coming along nicely.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Here is Power Nelson: Futureman...

He's already been done by Vigilante, but this mesh comes closer to his costume. I've been thinking about scoping on some spikes. You see, everywhere there is a "stud", he has a spike. I don't know why a man from the future would need a spiked belt, spiked shoes, or a spiked collar, but that's what he has.

He was from Prize comics. I think that he was more-or less their answer to Superman, as The Black Owl was their version of Batman.

BentonGrey

Nice work, Daglob.  He sorta' reminds me of Captain Power from back in the 80's.  As far as him being Prize Comics' answer to Superman....well, he was the Man of Tomorrow....
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

laughing paradox

Nice, Titan!

Great job on Killer Shrike, too.. particularly since you didn't use a base.

I have no idea who Futureman is but the design is really nice.

daglob

More stuff:

The first one is Kirk Allyn Superman on Male Cape Cell. I still need to convert the Male Cape Nobelt skin to Male Cape, but this is something of how he will look. Why? you ask... Have you ever seen the original serial? The big guy in the middle is Bearded's Frankenstein with Male Heavy keyframes, and will eventually be the Prize Comic's version of ol' neckbolts. The only thing left for me to do on Ash is re-do his face.

Then there is this:

UnkoMan

Got to say... Love Deadman's face. And Frankie's. And Superman's. Wow.

Deadman has always been a favourite of mine. Can't wait to see it finished.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Gremlin

I particularly love Deadman, and the Ash GL.

daglob

A couple more. I really need to finish some of these.

Actually, the Manhunter from Neptune there is nearly finished, but the Animated Thing is barely started. I put a "cracked earth" pattern over my Original Thing skin (the one with dinosaur hide), just to see what it looked like.

Hope to post some stuff in a couple of days.

daglob

This is just a concept really. I was looking through a "secret files" on GL and SL and noticed some familiar aliens. This made me wonder: what happens if you give a power ring to someone from Carrg?

All four done with the same PSD file. Only shaded one layer and it shades the rest.

laughing paradox

Oddly enough, I think the three full color costumes look more distinctive than the classic design the third one is wearing. Very cool idea, Daglob.

Nice texture work on that Neptune guy. Was he from an actual comic or one of your own designs?

AfghanAnt

The expression and skinning on Deadman's face is exquisite.

daglob

A little something to give Hal Jordan some trouble.

...and if I was Sinestro, and I had this guy in my band, I'd watch my back.

I probably am not going to use the Strangefate base skin; I just wanted to see what it looked like.

Gremlin

Cool. I like the logo. You pulled it off nicely.

murs47

A lot of these faces are really well done. I especially like Deadman's. Nice work.

BentonGrey

Hmm...really nice face on Mongul Jr. there.  He seems a bit fuzzy to me though, although it could easily be the picture...or my eyes! :P
God Bless

daglob

More Work In Progress:

In the front row, left to right we start with Johnny Rebel, a politically incorrect but patriotic strip that will probably never be reprinted. Next we have Shadow Man, the 1960's version. He's one of the "Dial H for HERO" heroes, and I wonder if Jim Mooney wasn't having a little fun with a living shadow. The lady archer is Diana the Huntress, or at least one of them. It is a popular name, and at least two of them use bow and arrows.

In the next row, we have The Golem. I intend to do two versions, one that "lives", one that is inactive (I leave the glow file dark and edit the forehead, and presto! second skin). The exhibitionist in green is The Enchanted Dagger. He and Johnny Rebel were in the same comic (Yankee Comics, home of Yankee Doodle Jones and Dandy, as well as Yankee Boy). I've yet to figure out where he keeps that dagger in that skin tight costume. Dagger is done using another one of those base skins by Strangefate.

Finally, Superman Future sits idly in the background and considers the whole asemblage.

daglob

There's this:

Ash is finished. The red Batman comes from a poster of the serial. I guess the artist didn't read comics. The last guy is from Batman #161. I can just hear him saying "I'm Bat-Mite-Man."

Then there is this:

herodad1

D, youve been a busy beaver my friend!i really like volstag and the golem!

Xenolith

Volstag is looking good.  He is the last of the warriors three that needed a mesh/skin.

Do you know if anyone has skinned the metal men?  I know they may be too main stream for you, but I thought you might know.  I was going to skin gold and mercury on TJ plastic man (maybe the head on mercury would have to be reshaped), lead and iron on one of the sandman meshes, but I don't really have an option for platinum that I know of.  Tin could be done on plastic man, but I he is smaller than the others and would probably need a new mesh or something.

Johnny Patches

Volstag skope sucks man!! ;)
i could of did a better skope.. J/K
nice work dag looking forward to your releases
:thumbup:

The Hitman

herodad1

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page