Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discoking090

Quote from: daglob on January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM
The request for Super-Hitler made me think.

The mesh is called Spaceman Eyebrow, and the readme file says it was done by Texas Jack. Right now, it's on its way to being The Iron Furher (Take that, Amerikaner schwinehund!).

so is this mesh available for :ff: or  :ffvstr: and where can i get it?

AfghanAnt

You skinned the Lion of Asgard!  :D All is right in the world now that we have a proper Volstagg.

WyldFyre

Yay.  The Voluminous Volstag!  I am very grateful for the gaps you fill in for us.  The unsung characters that I remember from my youth.  Ahh memories.......  Thanks for reviving them with all your hard work.  Keep 'em coming.
For Freedom!

detourne_me

these guys are looking great,  i'm so excited about volstag!

Cyber Burn

Great stuff Daglob, it's very refreshing to see such unique characters.

daglob

In the first post is now a group of links to the Character Obscura Yahoo Groups, as well as a list of  skins available from these groups, sorted by group (look under the Spoiler icon). It's already out of date, but I hope to fix that soon.

daglob

So, I actually have been working on some stuff:

The first character really loves this arrangement. I may never release him (the hat isn't right, the knife animations aren't right, blah, blah, blah), but he is starting off well. Next is the Manhunter From Mars. No kidding-really; a year of two before ol' J'onn teleported to earth, this guy (Rob Kar) teamed up with Batman to capture an interplanetery criminal. The story was reprinted in Showcase Presents The Martian Manhunter 1. Next we have The Mod Gorilla Boss and a kitbash of OConnor done up with tusks to resemble The Spider. It will use Detourneme's OConnor/Tombstone hex. Behind The Master of Men, we have something I'm playing with that I call either Superman Green or Super Skrull, depending. Standing behind Super Skrull is Captain Alabama, and soaring overhead is Stardust. Cap and Dusty are original characters.

laughing paradox

Dude.. wow.

Fantastic stuff. I really like how Stardust looks and your V looks really distinctive. Should the boots on V have reflection, though?

detourne_me

Lookin' good Daglob!
V's face is really well done. and the Green Superman reminds me of one of the covers on superdickery, when Jimmy is turned into an alien superman.
Glad to see that Spider Hex too.

Jakew

daglob

V has shiny boots in the comic and movie, but they are much more subtle than the ones I have (Gloves are shiny too, but you can barely tell). That is something that needs to be worked on. Dusty's background is that her costume is a Disco outfit that she never had courage to wear, but when she got super-powers... Captain Alabama you can probably figure out.

Super Skrull is Skrullian Skymax with the bootcuffs and gauntlet hidden. What I intended to do was a completely Skrull-influenced Superman type costume (black and purple), but when I dropped my George Reeves Superman costume in it, it looked so weird that I decided to share.

Mod Gorilla Boss was done well over a year ago, but I couldn't get the stripes to line up below his waist. I've had more practice now, and I'll try and fix that. I have a Sam Simeon kitbash that I need to do an original of too. Both are on Tommy's Red Ghost super-ape Gorilla mesh.

Sledgehammer

I'd say V's face, The Spider's face, and Stardust are the highlights. I'm a sucker for face expressions. If they are quite unique, it helps to add more personality to the skin, to distinguish it from others. You've done a great work in that aspect.

Stardust's costume is very cool indeed, nice effects there.

And, when I'm looking at original creations, I pay attention to the combination of a nice concept and a costume that reflects it. Captain Alabama and his flag-based uniform does it for me.

Good job. Keep it up!

cryonic2099

You've GOT to release the V...as soon as I saw his face I was stoked!

UnkoMan

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

MOD GORILLA BOSS?!? THE SPIDER?!?!? ...that guy with the M on his chest. No, just kidding, I know the original Manhunter from Mars anywhere.

Say, did you use your own base for the skrull Superman? Hmm... did you?

Also, will you release a variant MGB with either purple or blue fur/skin? I seriously never thought I would see this guy. I was him for Halloween once! Nobody knew who it was!

daglob

Quote from: UnkoMan on March 20, 2009, 10:35:21 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa....

MOD GORILLA BOSS?!? THE SPIDER?!?!? ...that guy with the M on his chest. No, just kidding, I know the original Manhunter from Mars anywhere.

Say, did you use your own base for the skrull Superman? Hmm... did you?

Also, will you release a variant MGB with either purple or blue fur/skin? I seriously never thought I would see this guy. I was him for Halloween once! Nobody knew who it was!

That's a Strangefate base skin on Super Skrull.

Since the fur and suit are on different layers on MGB, dropping a purpleish blue color layer in there shouldn't be a lot of trouble.

I've thought about swapping Mod Gorilla Boss over to another gorilla mesh, one with sideburns (like Grodd), but I haven't decided. I might just add them myself, since my scoping success rate has risen to 2 out of 10.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on March 19, 2009, 03:20:12 PM

Super Skrull is Skrullian Skymax with the bootcuffs and gauntlet hidden. What I intended to do was a completely Skrull-influenced Superman type costume (black and purple), but when I dropped my George Reeves Superman costume in it, it looked so weird that I decided to share.

I hope you still go for this one, I'm kind of curious to see what it would look like.

daglob

Like the one shown below?

We've got The Spirit of '76, Gravedigger (original, pulp-type character from the '30s), Death's Head (original, pulp-type character from the present), Super-Skrull, and Mongul Lantern. I always intended to do this version of Super-Skrull. The way he looked in a Superman costume has me thinking of including a version wearing one.

This Super-Skrull is from an Amalgam uinverse where The Skrulls invaded the DC Earth. Instead of picking the Fantastic Four and duplicating their powers, they opted to duplicate the powers of the Kryptonian.

Of course, now I'm thinking of purple and black garbed Wonder Skrull, Skrull Arrow, Aqua-Skrull, Booster Skrull, Skrull Lantern, The Skrullian Manhunter, Batskrull,The Elongated Skrull, OSAC-the One Skrull Army Corps, The Phantom Skrull, Hawkskrull,  Brother Power-The Skrull...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on March 21, 2009, 04:43:55 AM
Like the one shown below?

We've got The Spirit of '76, Gravedigger (original, pulp-type character from the '30s), Death's Head (original, pulp-type character from the present), Super-Skrull, and Mongul Lantern. I always intended to do this version of Super-Skrull. The way he looked in a Superman costume has me thinking of including a version wearing one.

This Super-Skrull is from an Amalgam uinverse where The Skrulls invaded the DC Earth. Instead of picking the Fantastic Four and duplicating their powers, they opted to duplicate the powers of the Kryptonian.

Of course, now I'm thinking of purple and black garbed Wonder Skrull, Skrull Arrow, Aqua-Skrull, Booster Skrull, Skrull Lantern, The Skrullian Manhunter, Batskrull,The Elongated Skrull, OSAC-the One Skrull Army Corps, The Phantom Skrull, Hawkskrull,  Brother Power-The Skrull...

Very nice Daglob, I also really like the Spirit of 76. Really Crisp.

As for the Skrulls, I guess it's really true, every team needs it's Aquaman. Still haven't figured out why yet, but they need him nonetheless...(sshhhh...don't tell Benton I said that, he's really a skrull and might replace me with a Cyber Skrull)  :P

daglob

One thing about Stardust's face: it's about 90% C6. All I did was turn up the corners of the mouth, add eyebrows, and fiddle with the eyes a little (she has golden eyes). The rest is his.

herodad1

billdamn22

Nice showing all around. I loves me some obscurity. :D

Sledgehammer

The Spirit of '76 is the best of your latest bunch. You are truly a prolific skinner, and as a fan of obscure characters, what's not to like!

Congrats and keep it up!

daglob

Some stuff that is finished, some that is nearly finished:

We start wtih the first draft of The Galaxy Being. He's on Male Basic Effects, the one like the Human Torch mesh. Each fire TGA is different, and the chaos around him is kinda neat, but a little too much. I can't match the reversed reflections either; I had an idea but it didn't work.

Behind him was what was going to be a rock ape, but I've decided that I just don't like the way he looks

In front of Igoo is a skin that I will never release: Eclipso for the Skrull mesh. Next in line is the beginning of an old friend of Batman's. Next to him are Captain Flash and Ricky. Yes, Ricky; Bucky has a lot to answer for.

Behind them are Superman of the Future, ready to go, and the Green Lantern of this sector from the 30th century. Whatever happened to him? Flying overhead is The Monster, one of my Champions characters.

herodad1

cool!i have faith buddy that you can give igoo a better rock hide!

Gremlin

The Monster looks kinda like an alternate version of my avatar. =p

bearded

i've got to be curious.  why can't you release your eclipso?  he looks good.
but, it does give me an idea.  what about elipso skins for all your hero skins?  you could make them dark, with evil expressions.
angry superman, dom wonder woman, soppy aquaman, etc.

daglob

There are much better Eclipso meshes out there than there were when I did this one years ago. I also found the version before this one, and that's one that will never see the light of day again...

I thought of Eclipso versions of some other characters, but, like purple and black Skrull versions, I've resisted so far.

bearded

i really like the way you divided the expression in the eclipso.  imagine a superman with a normal expression, and the dark part being aggro.
i'm trying to figure out the hero file for eclipso now.  any ideas?  i'd like a power that changes a hero into a villian, something stronger than hypnosis.
also, your skrull el, would he basically have the same stats as bizarro?

daglob

Jack Sparling drew Eclipso as though each side of his face were different. Neither one looked like Bruce Gordon, either. The eclipsed side was always rougher, more exaggerated than the uneclipsed side. I don't think any other artist has done the same thing. Now, Alex Toth and maybe a couple of others HAVE made the eclipse curved, almost down the cetner of the left eye. I took the parts I liked and combined them.

Originally, Bruce Gordon just changed into Eclipso. At some point, he bagan ot split into two beings most of the time. An artifical eclipse (a stupid and poorly thought out concept if you think about it) would still cause him to transform instead of split.

I have considered adapting this skin to Detrouneme's Eclipso scope.

Actually, if you went by their thinking in the first Super Skrull story, Super Skrull DC would be stronger and tougher than Superman, and have some kind of "cheat", like super-hypnosis, too. Maybe Kryptonite Vision? Seems like I remember that the only way he had all this power was because he was recieving broadcast power from a satellite.

daglob

Perhaps the less said about this the better.