Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

daglob

It's actually Texas Jack's mesh. I just kept looking at it thinking that it could use a new skin. I'm going to alpha enable the hood so I can "cut" eye holes in it, and have Adolph's little beady eyes staring madly out.

BentonGrey

Is......that the Hatemonger?  If so, how cool is that!?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

herodad1

hey D, just re-do his color scheme and go nazi all the way.

daglob

I remember it as blue-black and white. I think I saw a reprint that was colored that way. I am tempted to copy the first skin and photoshop the colors around to match that.

Or I may not. I've found an exceptional skin by Zuludelta which makes my skin kinda pointless.

On the left side of the screen we have Whisper, one of the insidious agents of Mirage. Mirage was the originazation that was trying to blackmail the US with an A-bomb. Liberty Agent Johnny Chance lost his hand disarming that bomb. It was replaced with an electro-robotic hand, and he became known as Spyman... and that is who the two red and blue (and white) figures are on the right. Jim Steranko designed this character, and he intended for the costume to be three-toned (look at the promo art and the cover of the comic). I don't know what the third color was supposed to be, but I have my suspicions.

Next to Whisper is another somnambulist, Augustin. In front of him is Sue Storm, AKA Madam Hydra. Standing in the front is Generalissimo Brainstorm, crackling and cackling as he uses his superior brainpower to defeat Pirana.

Behind them all is an original character I did several years ago, long before I had a computer that would actually run Freedom Force. It's the original Hazard. He's been replaced in my Champions campaign by his brother.

Doctor Challenger did the scopes for Spyman and General B.

daglob

bearded

iron man bot!  that is so cool.  he is going to look good beside my thorder, when you release.
how about captain minute american man? or scarlet alchewitch? liberty bucky? microwision? sheve hulk?  hank pym, the ant?
man bot as iron man made me think of the tetsuo's iron man, a tortured existence.  man bot sort of is that version.

daglob

I have several Ant Man skins for The Ant, and at least one Yellowjacket (look good with the keyframe swap that makes Ant-fighter). Someplace I also got some Captain America-type skins for most of the  male members of Freedom Force, and a Bucky skin for the Nick mesh.

I was actually working on Das Ernmann, the first in a line of Nazi powered armor types incorporating the technology first employed in Der Iron Furher, but was struck by a whim.

And you oughtta see Iron Kid...

Scarlet Alchewitch..... hmmm...

daglob

So much other stuff I ought to be doing...

The Scarlet Alchewitch

Outcast

Hehe. Cool Iron Man Bot!  :)

How'd you come up with Scarlet Alchewitch? Nice job on making her look old/mature. :cool:

daglob

Well, the two guys out in front that look suspiciously familiar, but not exactly are Roko The Amazing and a new version of The Black Bat. My original Black Bat was on Male Alpha, and used the Weapon's Master Attribute to deal justice to evildoers and Nazis. This one is on a TV mesh, and has its own guns. Roko was a cross between Captain America, Captain Marvel, and Superman.

On the far left is the barest beginning of Kitty Pryde: Spider-Girl. She is on a scope of TVF Fingers, and doesn't look half bad. I have a Radion-The X-Ray Powerman scoped on a TFM Fingers mesh, but he isn't as far along as Kitty. I need to make her goggles smaller.

In the back we have Mr. Freek and Bruto, enemies of the Dell Comics' version of Frankenstein. Yeah, that's why you've never heard of him. I'm not sure it is working out as I had planned, but this is what I have so far.

And this is my avatar as a Plaid Lantern. I was going to make him an Indigo Lantern, but some of he information made me reconsider. Then I realized someting about my character, and decided to do it anyway. That version will be postedi n AA's thread showcasing Avatar Lanterns.

herodad1

plaid lantern.really funny D!also like the FF/AVENGERS thing going.what about the hulking ox?

AfghanAnt

What did you read about the Indigo Tribe that changed your mind?

daglob

Quote from: herodad1 on July 22, 2009, 03:52:34 PM
plaid lantern.really funny D!also like the FF/AVENGERS thing going.what about the hulking ox?

I didn't start out doing FF versions of The Avengers. I'm not sure about The Hulk; Others have done fine skins for him on the Male Heavy (Iron Ox) mesh, and Gryphon did a modern version of Frankenstein's monster that looks a lot like a cross between ol' Greenskin and Iron Ox.

I wonder how Eve would look in a Hawkeye getup...

laughing paradox

I love the Plaid Lantern suit.

You need fx's to match his power!

bearded

Quote from: daglob on July 22, 2009, 10:06:28 PM
Quote from: herodad1 on July 22, 2009, 03:52:34 PM

I didn't start out doing FF versions of The Avengers. I'm not sure about The Hulk; Others have done fine skins for him on the Male Heavy (Iron Ox) mesh, and Gryphon did a modern version of Frankenstein's monster that looks a lot like a cross between ol' Greenskin and Iron Ox.

I wonder how Eve would look in a Hawkeye getup...

hey, are those available for download?  i'm currently on a kick for getting as many alternate skins for main campaign characters i can find.  and just so you know, nearly everything you skin goes in my mod.
eve as hawkeye, cool!

daglob

In blue and dead white we have The Duke of Darkness, and in green and dead white, we have The Wraith. As you might guess, they are basically a couple of Specter clones.

docdelorean88

The Freedom Avengers is a neat concept. You could also do Thortzelcoatal, Nam 'o' war, Quick bullet/ silver bullet, the human diablo, micro vision, wonder jack(black man just didn't sound right), Iron Hulk(iron ox and hulk), Stranger(mentor and Dr. Strange), I'm sure theres more, but i'm all out of ideas. I think some of these could pan out though. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

Well, on the left side, we have Shaman and The Flame, a he and she team of crimefighters. No superpowers, they just like to go around bashing in the heads of criminals. No real reason is given for them taking those names, either.

Next is The Woman in Red. Perhaps you have never heard of her either, but, although more like a pulp vigilante, she is supposed to be the first "super-heroine" in comics, pre-dating Wonder Woman, The Black Widow, Fantomah, Madame Satan, everybody.

On the right is Rainbow. And you thought the golden age Atom had costume trouble... gives "wardrobe malfunction" a whole new meaning, doesn't it?

And in the back is Raidor-The X-Ray Powerman... oh... excuse me:

RAIDOR-THE X-RAY POWERMAN

Now I need to get some of these finished and posted.

daglob

President Raygun

Hey DG do my eyes deceive me or is that Ro-Man from the film (and I use the term loosely) "Robot Monster" in the diving helmet there?

daglob

Quote from: President Raygun on August 01, 2009, 02:43:45 AM
Hey DG do my eyes deceive me or is that Ro-Man from the film (and I use the term loosely) "Robot Monster" in the diving helmet there?

I don't know of any other gorilla in a diving helmet.

I can't get his antennae to sit right.

Gremlin

laughing paradox

That gorilla looks crazy.

Did you attach the antennae to the head or the helmet?

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on August 01, 2009, 03:58:55 PM
That gorilla looks crazy.

Did you attach the antennae to the head or the helmet?

Could I attach them to the helmet? I'm using the neck bip/node, figuring that I want it to stay in the same relative place and not move with the head. I tried the new version of Nifscope, though, and got them to stay (although it keeps crashing when I remove the niskininstance).

A little more stuff:

We have two versions of millionaire Bruce Wayne, both with and without ascot, and the center of their attention is Eveye or Hawkeve, whichever way you want to put it. Over to the side is a classic golden age villain that I thought someone would have done by now. Well, I'm someone, so...

...and despite what Frank Miller might think, The Octopus doesn not dress like an escapee from an old Rudolph Valentino movie, and he probably (but not definitely) does not look like Samuel L. Jackson.

Neither Eve nor Bruces are final; I'm not happy withe the picutre of Adam West I found for his face (lots of pics out there, only found one that I thought would work), and Eve might should look a little more like out old bowslinger. If I was seriouly making these costumes, I'd scope a bootcuff on her left leg, and have one boot up, the other down.

The Hitman

I have a Ro-Man with no skin WITH antennae attached. Do you want ti?

docdelorean88

HAWKEVE! How did i miss that one? Any other Freedom Avengers in the works?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

laughing paradox

Yeah, you can definitely attach it to the helmet.

That female Hawkeye is shaping up very nicely. I also like the work you did on those suits.

daglob

I had posted this in another forum, but decided that it just didn't belong there. It was suggested during a discussion about Tomato's new mesh. I'm not sure who would have the biggest problem: Hal, Sinestro, Harvey, or Batman.

murs47