Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

This is really freakin' cool. Are we going to see skoped rings for each hand?

Also, Hawkeye/Eve looks really good too.

Gremlin

Cool idea, although I don't know if I like Harvey as Green...ever since he became Two-Face he's been kind of weak willed, succumbing to his darker side over and over. Maybe Yellow for Harvey and Red for Two-Face, or the other way around even.

daglob

Harvey's not weak-willed: it's the coin's fault. ;)

Haven't seen Harvey lately. I know that there is probalby a lot of retconning going on about Harvey having personality issues from the beginning, but this harks back to the gold/silver age version, the one that was a crusading district attourney, willing to courageously prosecute any criminal, no matter how powerful they were.

Besides, there really aren't a lot of villains that functin on rage. I think even The Red Skull would be a Yellow Lantern, because he is cools his rage at humanity and the universe by terrorizing everyone else.

Imagine The Hulk in a Red Lantern costume.

Gremlin

Quote from: daglob on August 11, 2009, 05:11:49 PMImagine The Hulk in a Red Lantern costume.

...dear Lord. The idea of the Hulk vomiting acidic blood at people is kind of terrifying.

daglob

Artemis

Really fantastic work on the amalgam skins, I look forward to many more :D

Zippo

Quote from: Gremlin on August 11, 2009, 07:42:44 PM
Quote from: daglob on August 11, 2009, 05:11:49 PMImagine The Hulk in a Red Lantern costume.

...dear Lord. The idea of the Hulk vomiting acidic blood at people is kind of terrifying.

Not only that, but with way the red ring amplifies rage, hulk would be stupidly strong. More so than usual.

daglob

The guy on your left is The Crimson Clown. He is one of those pulp characters, more of a Robin Hood than a vigilante. He was also created by the same guy who created Zorro. Gonna do Black Star sometime... Anyway, he is usually shown in full clown makeup in his cover appearences, but in the stories, he wears a jumpsuit of finest silk, so that he can take it off and roll it up and hide it on his person. Greasepaint does not come off all that easily.

In the middle we have The Black Knight... or someone vaugely similar. Bearded had the idea. The Ant has already been re-done as Ant Man and Yellowjacket by others. I think I have a Crimson Dynamo skin for Supercollider. Maybe The Vision on the Mentor mesh?

Lastly is a new mesh by Bearded in Lair; kind of a Barbarian Versatile, this one is well on his way to being Iron Jaw from Atlas/Seaboard comics.

bearded

awesome skins!  the face work on the crimson clown is stellar.  i love the design on Black Law Knight!  and iron jaw never looked better.
from that angle, i think i need to shrink the shoulder a little.  what do you think?

laughing paradox

I have to say, I am very impressed with your Freedom Force Avengers and it'll be cool to check out in the game. May I make a suggestion for Black Knight? Try out her hair in black, see if it adds a new dynamic to the skin.

Vision would be perfect for Mentor.

Maybe Thor for Order? Swords(wo)man for Tricolour?

Blkcasanova247

Quote from: bearded on August 12, 2009, 05:04:31 AM
awesome skins!  the face work on the crimson clown is stellar.  i love the design on Black Law Knight!  and iron jaw never looked better.
from that angle, i think i need to shrink the shoulder a little.  what do you think?
Yeah...I think you do. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

daerdevil

These are really great.  I don't know what's going on in your head, but it's absolutely brilliant!  I'm really enjoying the mix up of FF and Avengers.

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on August 12, 2009, 10:46:45 AM
I have to say, I am very impressed with your Freedom Force Avengers and it'll be cool to check out in the game. May I make a suggestion for Black Knight? Try out her hair in black, see if it adds a new dynamic to the skin.

Vision would be perfect for Mentor.

Maybe Thor for Order? Swords(wo)man for Tricolour?

There are already a couple of Thor skins for Order. I have thought about doing a Silver Bullet. I'm not sure about Blackjack, Quetz, and The Bard, but I still want to take Green Genie and get her off that rug and deck her out in a Barbara Eden Skin.

Tricolor as Swordswoman...

daglob

I've been doing Avengers Force just as a lark. I'll have the skin open while working on something else, and every once in awhile I'll work on it a little. They have been very simple, usually involving kitbashing the original Irrational skin and some photoshop tricks.

So, how seriously should I pursue these? If I really did an Avengers-based version of Freedom Force, I'd probably put Eve and Law on Taskmistress or TV meshes, so they would have bucaneer boots, masks, and helmets. I'd put Alchemiss on one the versions of her mesh that does not have a mask and see if I could scope a tiara on her head. I might actually do bullet on a Quicksilver-type mesh (Male Basic Quicksilver Hair? Although Silver Bullet on Bullet's mesh has potential).

Or just keep doing what I'm doing? I don't mind the work on the other meshes, but my present situation is highly unstable, and I may have to take an extended hiatus at any time.

It's too bad you can't see that Black Lawknight's sword is black and rune-carved...

detourne_me

just keep doing what youd're doing with the avengers force! i love the idea that you're using the original meshes... what about iron man on microwave and black panther on blackbird?

Gremlin

I enjoy them. I love amalgam characters. Though I think Vision works better on Microwave.

AfghanAnt

I really love the Amalgam skins. I hope Thorder are next.

bearded

microvisionwave sounds good.  and black panther bird!

daglob

But Microwave doesn't have a cape...

What did they intend, anyway. It's pretty easy to see that some of the charactes were meant as homages to The Avengers, The FF, and Spider-Man, but it's a little difficult ot see the connections with others.

daglob

Yeah, I know Thunder Bunny's costume is red, and he's pink. I just wanted to se him decked out like Dynamo before I use the color sliders on him. And I'm not going to get rid of the belt; I'm trying to do as many as I can to use existing meshes.

Now ,I really need to finish Inspector Gadget.

bearded

how about dr mentor druid?  or moon mentor dragon?
hmmm...the vision looks good, but too much personality in the face i think.  i wonder if it would work better if you could remove the brow and cheek shadows.

docdelorean88

That vision looks good. I still think Stranger(Dr. Strange and Mentor) would be cool. But these things are looking sweet! Btw, i didn't know you were working on an inspector gadget! Cool Bean!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

Well, it looks like Inspector Gadget is a little confused, he has The Claw, but it's not exactly the one he is used to.

Inspector Gadget is by DetoruneMe, and The Claw is by Tommyboy/RMT.

murs47

docdelorean88

Outcast

Cool Inspector Gadget Daglob. But why do I have this feeling that you'll probably use Matthew Broderick's face as reference for Inspector Gadget?  :)

docdelorean88

Cuz Mathew Broderick was a sweet Gadget! Btw, does he have a heliopter hat?

daglob

Detourneme based Gadget on TJ's Spy vs. Spy, Machine Man, and Gni's Question (I think). The helicopter is part of a backpack, and doesn't come out of his hat, nor does the mallet. He can use the Spy's cannon, knife, bomb, and machine gun. It's about as good as we'll get unless someone does a dedicated mesh. So, no Gadget coat.

daglob

The Spyman Skins are about done, as is Bee Man V.2. Magicmaster is barely started, or about halfway, depending on how I do his costume. The original had no highlights on the black suit. Then on to The Glowing Gladiator...

Gremlin

Loving Gadget and Beeman. Keep it up!