Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

The figure on the left doesn't really look like John Carradine, but it's supposed to be. The lady on the right is one of several characters named Black Orchid. The man in the middle is El Santo.

Podmark

Not familiar with these characters but the first guy looks very nice. The belt and boots look kinda flat on the middle guy.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

hoss20

Actually, that's a great rendition of John Carradine. His face was thinner, but you can't do anything about that with the mesh. Nice job, although we're probably the only two members who even know who John Carradine was.

Scorpion13mk2

I know who he was.

I have to ask though, Glob; why is Santo fat?

daglob

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on April 15, 2010, 01:05:19 PM
I know who he was.

My familiarity with him comes from the local station's Saturday afternoon movies, and, of course, from The USA Network's Groovy Movie. I remember him as a little "hefty". The mesh is Tomato's Football Player mesh, but I haven't decided if I might switch him to one of Johnny Patches' Male Heavy meshes or one I have someplace by Ken X.

yell0w_lantern

He was in a couple episodes of "Kung Fu" as a preacher and was rather tall and spindly, IIRC.
Yellow Lantern smash!

JKCarrier

I think that mesh fits a typical "wrestler" build pretty well. You might want to blur out those six-pack abs, though.

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: daglob on April 15, 2010, 01:41:05 PM
Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on April 15, 2010, 01:05:19 PM
I know who he was.

My familiarity with him comes from the local station's Saturday afternoon movies, and, of course, from The USA Network's Groovy Movie. I remember him as a little "hefty". The mesh is Tomato's Football Player mesh, but I haven't decided if I might switch him to one of Johnny Patches' Male Heavy meshes or one I have someplace by Ken X.

Well, he wasnt ripped to pieces or anything, but he certainly didnt have a beer-gut! He was too busy wrestling vampires and mummies.

The Hitman

El Santo! Awesome! Could we get a variant of him in a business suit or polo shirt?

President Raygun

Quote from: The Hitman on April 15, 2010, 04:08:31 PM
El Santo! Awesome! Could we get a variant of him in a business suit or polo shirt?
Or a turtleneck, btw the only thing Carradine needs is pointy chin (Hey John why the long face?)

John Jr.

Carradine and the Orchid are great. Carradine's suit and Santo's mask are my favorite parts.
Great work, as always.

laughing paradox

I love the mask on Santo.

I know he was in a bunch of stuff, but I will always remember him from Dear Jebus Vampire Hunter!

daglob

For me, all Santos' movies have just blurred into one long string of fights with an assortment of monsters.

I have considered putting some TV parts on the mesh to look like a suit; there was a request for a masked wrestler-like hero in the obscure heroes thread some time back (el Sombro?), kind of a PI type. I've considered doing at least one other (wasn't there a Blue Demon?), and may make a couple of generic ones. It's all on layers in the PSD, so changing colors and stuff is fairly easy.

If Carradine wasn't on the Dracula mesh, I'd consider scoping on a little hair and make the mosutache and pants cuffs 3D. I don't know what would happen when he died and turned into a skeleton, though.

murs47

I dont know who that guy on the left is, but you did a really good job on him. I really like his face.

The Hitman

El Blue Demon, yeah. He had a blue mask (go figure). Of all the luchadores to be wearing a turtleneck and khaki pants, he would be the guy.

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: daglob on April 15, 2010, 10:21:35 PM
For me, all Santos' movies have just blurred into one long string of fights with an assortment of monsters.

I have considered putting some TV parts on the mesh to look like a suit; there was a request for a masked wrestler-like hero in the obscure heroes thread some time back (el Sombro?), kind of a PI type. I've considered doing at least one other (wasn't there a Blue Demon?), and may make a couple of generic ones. It's all on layers in the PSD, so changing colors and stuff is fairly easy.

If Carradine wasn't on the Dracula mesh, I'd consider scoping on a little hair and make the mosutache and pants cuffs 3D. I don't know what would happen when he died and turned into a skeleton, though.

Carradine's Dracula wore a top-hat. Since the likeness is so good, maybe toss his mug onto one of those skins?

As for wrestlers....you wouldnt want to do any more of them, would you? Because I dont know how weve gone this long without an Ultimate Warrior skin.

My Danger Room scenarios are sorely lacking in destrucity.

daglob

Maybe I should switch ol' John to a PV mesh...

IceStorm

Quote from: daglob on February 12, 2009, 06:21:04 AM
This is just a concept really. I was looking through a "secret files" on GL and SL and noticed some familiar aliens. This made me wonder: what happens if you give a power ring to someone from Carrg?

All four done with the same PSD file. Only shaded one layer and it shades the rest.

I want this.....  Where'd you hide it?
If brute force doesn't get the job done, you're not using enough.

President Raygun

Quote from: The Hitman on April 15, 2010, 10:37:13 PM
El Blue Demon, yeah. He had a blue mask (go figure). Of all the luchadores to be wearing a turtleneck and khaki pants, he would be the guy.

Ya you're right Hitman, Blue Demon always favored the turtleneck. DG have you thought about Vertex\Bobby69's Shade69 mesh, comes with top hat, cane, and pointy chin (sorry about the chin thing fellas, but if you've ever seen Drew's granddad you'd see what I was talking about)

daglob

laughing paradox

The Elementals.. fast work! Good job.

murs47

I don't know who those guys are but I really like that blue guys design. Simple and clean.

IceStorm

Blue guy is Vortex, the woman is Morningstar, the guy in back is Monolith.
Not shown is Fathom, but she's in a different picture here.
Personally I like Fathom's swimsuit better than the skirt.  Fits the rest of the team's design better, but that's just me I suppose.

Yeah, really fast work.  I'm impressed.

daglob

Using CS4's 3D editing, I'm trying to fix the stripe on Fathom's original suit. If I can ge the right keyframes and figure out what to do about the neck of the swimsuit, I'll do both versions of her.

I'm using CS4 to fix Mornigingstar's blankety blank notabelt...

BentonGrey

Hey Daglob, that guy with the silver and blue looks really great!  Nice work!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

I don't know the characters, but they looks great! I loved the girl's face and the costume of the silver guy.

IceStorm

Quote from: daglob on April 19, 2010, 01:34:28 PM
Using CS4's 3D editing, I'm trying to fix the stripe on Fathom's original suit. If I can ge the right keyframes and figure out what to do about the neck of the swimsuit, I'll do both versions of her.

I'm using CS4 to fix Mornigingstar's blankety blank notabelt...

Yeah, I was wondering how hard it was to get it at that angle, though I suppose it could just be a black line on the costume and it wouldn't be a big deal.

My one issue here would be maybe Monolith is too wide at the top?  Comics-wise his stone form was always kinda blocky.  Short legs, long torso, no real neck to speak of, and shoulders about as wide as the rest of him.
Don't know how detailed or non-human based you can really get with these things so maybe I'm the wrong person to give suggestions though.  Something tells me one closer to the comics version would probably need his own mesh.

daglob

I liked the idea of using that mesh, but I've since transferred the skin to a hex-edited Blok mesh.

daglob

On the left we have Spiderwoman, or at least her Golden Age incarnation. Next to her is Mr. Mercury, a little known Charlton hero, next to him is Speed Centaur, and lastly is the updated Fathom.

laughing paradox

That Spider-Woman looks crazy.

Nice to see Speed Centaur.. such an an obscure character. Good job on Fathom. The lines look good.