Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Actually, it's Miss Fury/Black Fury, a Golden Age charcter who originally appeared in newspapers. Her adventures were reprinted in comic books by an ancestor of Marvel Comics.

There are several versions of the movie Catwoman out there.

But a Jack Nicholson Joker might be fun...

daglob

On the far left we have Roger the Cybernaut. I'm doing both him and his "brother"; if anyone remembers what the other Cybernaut was called, please PM me and let me know. He is on a special "big" PV mesh.

Next we have Captain Conquest, and next to him a one-eyed sailor you have seen before. This time, though, Popeye is on a FF1 mesh. I still have to scope his pipe on. Next to the right is another supposedly Jack Kirby designed costume for Tommy Troy, a kid given mysterious insect powers by a magic ring. The exhibitionist in the red hat is Captain Truth, basically a Captain Marvel rip-off, but I wonder why he has the scaly briefs? Last in line is Iron Jaw, Nazi evildoer. In the back we have the beginning of Hellrider, who, despite the sinister connotations of his name, was one of the good guys.

daglob

The hard part is doing justice to this scope.

daglob

There have been two characters called The Human Meteor, and this is both of them. The one on the left is a Superman clone and the guy in the suit is a speedster. It's on Tomato's Male Suit mesh.

Vigilante did the green caped version, but that link doesn't work, and I've never been able to find it by "playing" with the address.

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: daglob on July 03, 2010, 04:55:45 AM

The hard part is doing justice to this scope.

Oh man, he looks just like the old action figure. Benton is gonna want to have your babies.

daglob

How do you think I got ahold of Bebop?

BentonGrey

Hah!  Yes!  Bebop lives!  He looks great, Daglob!  Very nice work over all. , especially on some of the smaller details.  It seems to me that he might look better with his fur/skin darkened a bit: http://members.fortunecity.com/zobovor/bebop_kitbash_cartoon.jpg

He's a bit on the brown side in the 'toon.  Other than that....I can't really think of any way you could improve him.  He really came out nicely, man.  I can tell that you put in a lot of effort on this one.  The little things, like his belt and shoes are particularly nice.

I see you've got a lot of other skins previewed as well.  Sheesh Daglob, you're like the Tommyboy of skinning!  Is that...a Popeye?  Ha, awesome.  Also, the buisness suit wearing speedster is quite nice.  Great work on his hair and on the suit itself.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: daglob on July 05, 2010, 02:50:01 PM
How do you think I got ahold of Bebop?

I know you didnt make the mesh, but it turned out so well...damn.

I do agree with Benton that maybe he should be a little darker in the skin department, but other than that its amazing.

daglob

Our little piggy is still a work in progress; he's still got shoestrings, a cartridge belt, a few other things coming. Oh, and his skin does need to be darker; this tone matches sone of several pictures of action figures I found. There are others that are grayer and some that are a darker brown. I intend to fix and post.

Oh, and Popeye for FFv3R is already available (along with Poopdeck Pappy), at one of the Character Obscura groups.

Looking at Rock Steady too...

Scorpion13mk2

Are you gonna go full action figure on Bebop and slap on the leg brace too?

John Jr.

I don't know Bebop very well (I'm not a Turtle's fan), but your skin is amazing, Daglob. The skin is very detailed (loved the shoes) and we can see clearly what is metal and what is cloth.
Great job!

daglob

Leg brace... I knew something was missing.

Sadly, most of the metal on him is from a placeholder skin,

laughing paradox

Bebop came out extremely well.. great job there.

My nephew is a particular fan of your Popeye. He had a blast looking over your thread and checking out all your cool skins.

daglob

Yes, I know, I've already released Ultra:The Multi-Alien, but this one is on a new FF1 compatable mesh.

spydermann93

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: daglob on July 07, 2010, 06:40:42 PM

Yes, I know, I've already released Ultra:The Multi-Alien, but this one is on a new FF1 compatable mesh.

What in the hell....

spydermann93

He's from the DC universe. He's made up of 4 different alien races: Ulla, Laroo, Trago, and Raaga.

Powers: Magnetism, increased strength, cohesive energy, and flight

His hair is supposed to be green (or white in later versions) though.

Kenn

My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

DoctorRuina

This Bebop is very cool Daglob! A great work! Now Rocksteady and Schredder...

spydermann93

Well, now for Rocksteady. Shredder can be found at the "Champions of Freedom" website. :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on July 07, 2010, 06:40:42 PM

Yup, I think now is absolutely the right time to stop drinking.  :wacko:

daglob

The face is hard. The skin is all squished up. Lots to do yet (more work on the pants, textureize and finish the "skin", work on the tank top), but it's coming along.

murs47

spydermann93

I agree. I'm not an expert at meshing or anything, and I know for a fact you aren't done, but try making the 'human' head larger to fit the Rhino face.

Scorpion13mk2

I just like that Glob has remembered to slap all the little turtle shells on the meshes. Nice attention to detail, there.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on July 10, 2010, 11:41:46 PM
I just like that Glob has remembered to slap all the little turtle shells on the meshes. Nice attention to detail, there.

Well, that's thanks to Style's skoping genius, but that is the beginning of a great skin!  Very nice work so far Daglob.  I can see how the face and head would be a tremendous pain to do.  He's coming along great! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on July 10, 2010, 11:41:46 PM

As Benton said, these scopes are by Style. I am amazed at his attention to detail.

Podmark

That's coming along great daglob. It's really cool seeing all these Turtles skins/skopes/meshes getting made.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

I know I ought to be working on other stuff, but I just had this idea...

Looks good with Tommy's 30' keyframes.

Scorpion13mk2