Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_4024/subcat_46636/Roux.S_DKR.JPG
i'm not sure you got this pic, but it's favorite. fan art, and black and white, but the armor is pretty much blacks and greys anyway.
what do you think of the shape of the helmet? also, what tool is that viewed with, it's interesting.

daglob

It's what it looks like in Nifscope. It will do realtime updates when I save the skin in Photoshp. Ctool will sometimes, but at other times it crashes when you update.

daglob

daglob

In between Cybermen and The Dark Knight Returns...

I haven't wroked on her in months (since... what... February? Jeeze!), but Freedomgod55 got me to thinking about her.

John Jr.

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on August 15, 2010, 04:05:57 AM
Still working on Batman but...

EXCELLENT!   Did you find the mesh I was talking about for the "handle bars"?
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

I am using MJB pieces for the arm cables. Bearded has offered to try and mesh me the handlebars.

Thanks to you both.

That is a photo of Uma's face... or her eyes, her nose, and her mouth, anyway. I think that's the 3rd best photo-face I've done behind Super-Hitler and The Mummy.

bearded

i would love to use that ivey. i would have to put her in campaign mode so i could use the head.nif to see her talk.

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on August 16, 2010, 03:26:27 AM
That is a photo of Uma's face... or her eyes, her nose, and her mouth, anyway.

Change the eyebrows and you can reuse it for G-Girl.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Quote from: bearded on August 16, 2010, 03:37:44 AM
i would love to use that ivey. i would have to put her in campaign mode so i could use the head.nif to see her talk.

Got in the mood to see what she would look like with a whip... uh... I mean a vine, so I did a version that goes on your Wonder Woman mesh.

Ivy came along easier than Batman or the Cyberman, so I'll probably post her at CO6 when I get the reflection file fixed (her lips don't have green reflections) and decide if I want her eyes to glow.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bevo

John Jr.

Photo skinning is an art and you're a master of this art, Daglob.
I wish I could do that...

daglob

I've never thought the faces were that hard. All you really need is half a face, anyway. You line up the eyes, and then move the nose and mouth to line up with the wireframe. Make the colors match, do a little painting over the original, and you're finished. No problem.

swede4444

Would you, could you do photoskin tutorial, with pictures?

daglob

Quote from: swede4444 on August 17, 2010, 12:09:04 AM

Well, I would, but I don't know where to put it.

Meanwhile:

murs47

man, that looks really good so far, daglob. Lots of nice details.

BentonGrey

Wow!  That is impressive Daglob!  The gauntlets and the boots look great.  This is shaping up to be a really nice skin. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

One more vote for the tutorial.
Bats is impressive, Daglob, amazing details in the cloth and metal. The skope is great too, specially the helmet and gauntlets.

daglob

Quote from: John Jr. on August 17, 2010, 09:25:44 PM

One more vote for the tutorial.
Bats is impressive, Daglob, amazing details in the cloth and metal. The skope is great too, specially the helmet and gauntlets.

That's not my scope. It was sent to me by our own Bearded In Lair, and is quite pretty.

John Jr.

Then I'll extend my congrats to Bearded too. You two make a great team!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: John Jr. on August 17, 2010, 11:04:44 PM
Then I'll extend my congrats to Bearded too. You two make a great team!

I have to agree there. It's a really nice mesh, and a very solid skin to compliment it.

bearded

i like teaming with daglob. he is very encouraging. the skin is turning out better than miller's original in my opinion!
are the arm and leg fins there? i can't see them.
better monitor, i see them now!

Artemis

Batman looks great daglob and Bearded.

ANd that Ivy skin is fantastic - I think its really impressively done and would also love to see a photoskin tutorial!

daglob

No new work on the skin, but look how nice the handlebars look.

bevo

That Dark knight series was like one of the last comics I ever read. I think it was the last. I enjoyed it a lot. Great mesh/skope and skin. I been looking for this guy to be done. On photo skinning I would like to see a daglob attempt at using actual comic art when feasible to make faces on skins. I tried that on gierr but it got messy I gave up. I bet you could make it work well. When done correctly it looks awesome.

daglob

I used comic art (the character study sheet by Doug Wildey) when I did Race Bannon. It was not really any harder than using a photograph. I tried it again on 8th Man and it didn't work at all.

laughing paradox

Daglob, you're cranking out some really nice stuff! I really like how well that Uma Thurman/Poison Ivy skin came out. Batman is looking pretty darn spiffy, too.

daglob

A somewhat obscure Spider-Man villainess.

Podmark

I've heard of her, I don't think I've read any issues with her though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page