Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

Great job, I agree with Pod about the colors.
And the photoskins are impressive, as always!

daglob

For the green I loaded a scan of the original and used it as a palette.

herodad1

for silk spectre, try her on gren's diamond lil dude. its perfect.

Outcast

The Fly and Fly-Girl. I remember seeing those characters from other websites, and I've always taken a liking to them. Awesome job. Of course, i've always been impressed when people photo skin too. And you've done some great photo skins. :)

I think Herodad1's suggestion for silk spectre ain't that bad either.

Cyber Burn

QuoteThese are the Silver Age versions from the early '60s, so they aren't quite the same as the ones from any other decade (or from the later Mighty Crusaders era).

Really cool, daglob. I hope we can see more Mighty Crusaders TYPE characters. Any more planned?

daglob

Most of them have been done already by the likes of JKCarrier, Copper Age, and a few others. I have done a Spider Spry skin, as well as Darkling and some of the MLJ Golden Age Villains, and have one of The Spider's later costumes in the works. Maybe I'll get someone to make me a Hangman collar sometime...

Those who are interested:

http://www.mightycrusaders.net/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on October 14, 2010, 02:20:08 AM
Most of them have been done already by the likes of JKCarrier, Copper Age, and a few others. I have done a Spider Spry skin, as well as Darkling and some of the MLJ Golden Age Villains, and have one of The Spider's later costumes in the works. Maybe I'll get someone to make me a Hangman collar sometime...

Those who are interested:

http://www.mightycrusaders.net/

I love this site, plenty of Impact stuff. Though, I am probably the only person who will ever admit to having liked the Impact line. I've yet to find anyone else who shared my enthusiasm over the characters.

laughing paradox

I love the way the Fly (I thought it was Fly-Man!) and Fly-Girl came out. Really nice work. Perfect alpha work on the shoulder wings.

Kenn

Quote from: laughing paradox on October 14, 2010, 11:59:34 AM
I love the way the Fly (I thought it was Fly-Man!) and Fly-Girl came out.

The character was called the Fly when he was first created.  Later in the mid-to-late 60s he was called Fly-Man, probably so his name sounded campier (this was at the height of the "Batman" TV craze.)
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

With a fantastic wolf's head cane by Bearded in Lair.

jeremy355

Cool, I'm a huge Dark Shadows Fan love what you got so far.

jeremy355

You might also want to look at Ink's Mastermind mesh it has an inverness style coat.

daglob

panoramac

I like the hair you used for the girl. Nice skin Daglob  :thumbup:

bearded

i almost didn't recognize her. i wonder who i could replace her for?

daglob

BentonGrey

Ohh!  Nice work on the face and the legs there, Daglob.  Also, Barnabas!  Neat!  I used to love that show when I was a kid.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Scorpion13mk2

JKCarrier

devilance

Wow! I was just about to start a thread requesting the golden age Star Sapphire. I have a rather pathetic kitbashed skin I had been using on female_basic_heels, but would love to have your amazing version. She looks great! Anxiously awaiting her release.

Scorpion13mk2

daglob

I think she appeared twice in The Golden Age (seen a reprint of the first time), so she qualifies as obscure as far as I'm concerned. If not for the Silver Age version and her ties to Green Lantern, we probably wouldn't have heard of her.

martialstorm

Looks great, loe the face and colours. There was a nice appearance in a Flash/GL Brave and Bold mini a while back.

steamteck

Actually I thought she was Ming's daughter princess Aura at first. She's very cool!

daglob

An attempt at copying the Hanna-Barbera version of The Thing.

spydermann93

I like it. I just think that you should make the stones a bit more randomized to give it more of a realistic feel.

Scorpion13mk2

Nope.

If he's doing the HB version, the stones arent randomized. Theyre actually pretty regular on that version of the show.

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 31, 2010, 07:48:08 PM
I like it. I just think that you should make the stones a bit more randomized to give it more of a realistic feel.

As Scorpion says, the scales weren't randomized. Ben was somewhat simplified in appearence, with a lot of stones on his face, but few on his body. Like Spidey's web lines on his costume, they decided that they didn't want to draw them all for every episode.

Maybe I'll do a green Galactus, too...

Scorpion13mk2

Howabout the weird monster guy they had in place of Namor on the show?  Guess they couldnt just have Namor cuz he was on the crappy "only the mouths move and sometimes we jiggle the camera to make it look like stuff is moving" "cartoon".