Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on October 31, 2010, 07:52:57 PM
Nope.

If he's doing the HB version, the stones arent randomized. Theyre actually pretty regular on that version of the show.

Oh, my bad :P

daglob

On the left of the screen is Mr. Zero, a one-time-only Batman villain, and on the other is Mr. Freeze, a somewhat more enduring character, in one of his television incarnations.

Xenolith

I thought Mister Zero became Mister Freeze, or am I getting confused with Captain Cold?

daglob

The original Mr. Zero (who is never given any other name) was a criminal inventor who, while developing a weapon that would both heat and freeze, accidentally exposed himself to his freeze gas. Somehow, instead of freezing him, it changed his metabolism so that he had to exist at sub-freezing temperatures. His origin was incorporated into that of Mr. Freeze (making Mr. Zero the Mr. Freeze of Earth-2, maybe?) for the Batman TV show. That character was named Dr. Schivell, and somehow Batman was involved in him having to live in a freezing environment. Both characters were absorbed into the present Mr. Freeze.

Kenn

Dr. Schimmel, in the one Mr. Freeze story where he is identified as such, also used a weapon that could heat and freeze.   I think the TV people based Mr. Freeze on Mr. Zero, and then DC decided it was a better name so when Mr. Zero next appeared he decided to change his nom de guerre.

Nice work by the way.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Kenn on November 02, 2010, 05:00:10 PM
I think the TV people based Mr. Freeze on Mr. Zero, and then DC decided it was a better name so when Mr. Zero next appeared he decided to change his nom de guerre.

That's right. In Detective #373, Batman notes that Mr. Freeze is "the new name of my old foe, Mr. Zero". And in a bit of 4th wall-breaking, Robin comments, "That sounds like a campy name dreamed up for a villain in a television program!"  :huh:

Scorpion13mk2

God.....Pre-Crisis DC continuity was INSANE.

daglob

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on November 02, 2010, 05:36:00 PM

Funny, that's how I feel about post-Crisis continuity...

I'll have to see if I have an electronic copy of that issue of Detective.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on November 02, 2010, 05:36:00 PM

Well, a similar thing happened Post-Crisis, when the comic book Mr. Freeze was altered to be more like the version from Batman: The Animated Series.  :P

Cyber Burn

Too bad I can't go back and change the continuity of my life the way writers change comic characters'. A winning lottery ticket instead of a speeding ticket...yup much better.  ;)

Scorpion13mk2

Careful what you wish for.

John BYRNE could be revamping you! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Youd end up like a magical reflection brought to life or someother crazy BS.

Cyber Burn

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

uuuggghhh!!! The horror!!!

Love the obscurity of your character picks daglob.

daglob

The next two characters I post are from a single story by Steve Ditko published and reprinted in several places, none of them related to DC or Marvel.

I did track down that Mr. Freeze story from Batman #373. I had forgotten that tale, but I read it when it originally came out. After re-reading it, I can see why I forgot it.

Ah well, they can't all be winners.

And things could be worse: I was looking up Shag, another of Ditko's characters. I think the story I've seen is a Creeper story that has been re-drawn to leave The Creeper out. Anyway, in the process of checking on Shag, I came across a description of what The Creeper is these days. Really makes me want an "upchuck" emoticon.

martialstorm

Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on November 02, 2010, 11:20:45 PM

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 02, 2010, 11:39:34 PM

Then Geoff Johns could fix you up ;)

Scorpion13mk2

Quote from: martialstorm on November 03, 2010, 08:22:16 AM
Quote from: Scorpion13mk2 on November 02, 2010, 11:20:45 PM

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 02, 2010, 11:39:34 PM

Then Geoff Johns could fix you up ;)

UH OH! Joe Quesada wants to "fix" you!

daglob

martialstorm

daglob

He has Otto Premminger's face. He should really be on a stockier mesh, but this will do for now. Mr. Zero had a rather bland face, with almost no eyebrowns, and they were real high up on his face, pretty much like they did with Mr. Freeze's eyebrows (but they weren't bright orange-red).

daglob

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on November 05, 2010, 08:11:13 PM
He has Otto Premminger's face. He should really be on a stockier mesh, but this will do for now. Mr. Zero had a rather bland face, with almost no eyebrowns, and they were real high up on his face, pretty much like they did with Mr. Freeze's eyebrows (but they weren't bright orange-red).

Try Tommyboy's Comedian_tf mesh. It's heavier, plus has the weapons.

Quote from: daglob on November 06, 2010, 05:01:46 AM

Awesome!

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 06, 2010, 05:21:11 AM

Try Tommyboy's Comedian_tf mesh. It's heavier, plus has the weapons.

Maybe instead of "stocker" I should have said "tubbier".

Meanwhile:

We have the Hanna-Barbera version of The Thing, as well as Steve Ditko's two protagonists from the story Masquerade.

BentonGrey

Wow!  This is some really impressive stuff Daglob!  Both of the harlequin-esque characters look great, and let me add my voice to the chorus that is singing the praises of your Mr. Freeze.  Fantastic work on him.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

devilance

Agreed. Mr. Freeze is amazing! The Batman TV show was, in no small part, responsible for inspiring my love of superheroes in general. I've downloaded all of Atomic Robot's versions, and would love to see more characters from this show.

docdelorean88

Your Facework is absolutely impecable! I love your aging Jay Garrick! Wonderful work on Mr. Freeze's as well! Keep up the great work!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

So, we have Velocity and one of the Speed Boys. The Boys get their super speed from their sneakers.

And you thought all that stuff about running faster and jumping higher was just advertising.

Cyber Burn

Man, you are a skinning machine. These are great.

daglob

Eli Wallach's face needs work. Haven't put George Sander's face on the other version yet.

bearded

holy flash freeze, batman!
i want to use all your freezes in the mod, even if it doesn't make perfect sense.
ok. now i want to see george sanders as captain cold.