Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martialstorm

You've nailed that Flash from the JLA live action pilot. I agree that Silk Spectre looks a bit like Cher, although I like that becuse it reminds me of that music vid of hers from the 80s.

docdelorean88

WOA! That flash is absolutely amazing! Great work DaGlob!!! :D :D :D  :thumbup:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

A female version of Icicle. Just a start, really.

Artemis

wow, impressive. are you making a modernized version of IG's Ice Queen? It instantly came to mind when I saw it. Look forward to the finnished creation, whoever she may be :)

daglob

Quote from: Artemis on November 30, 2010, 12:16:00 AM
wow, impressive. are you making a modernized version of IG's Ice Queen? It instantly came to mind when I saw it. Look forward to the finnished creation, whoever she may be :)

Oops! I didn't include a description of the character. She is supposed to be a female Icicle. Bearded was looking for one for his mod. I just slapped this one together to see if it was feasable.

Something else I was looking at to see if it was feasable.

Cmdr. Koenig did the original skin and I kitbashed the heck out of it. Kenn X did the original hex of B'wana Beast. Both these people were far more creative than I was.

spydermann93

That... is... amazing! Darth Vader with a yellow power ring!? That is the best thing ever! :D

murs47

bearded

docdelorean88

I had written a list at some point of unlikely people to receive a green lantern ring. Among them, included Mr. Stay Puft, Homer Simpson, Jayne  Cobb(firefly). There were many more, but those were definitely some of the oddest. Great work on that kittbash though! I  LOVE the concept!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

I though about which fictional characters might have which ring. A lot of them, Doc Savage, Daredevil, The Phantom, Wonder Woman, Dr. Doom, Ben Grim, Cyclops, Wolverine, Tarzan, John Carter, Race Bannon, Sub-Mariner, all of the Challengers of the Unknown, Robotman, Captain Atom, Blue Beetle (all of them), and Ice. I always liked that Ice could do things with Guy's ring that he couldn't.

Obvious Yellow Lanterns include Darth Vader, The Mole Man, Dr. Doom, The Shadow and The Spider (Either one of which can probably override the yellow ring's programming through sheer willpower), The Scarecrow, Mr. Fear, Baron Mordo, The Wizard, John Sunlight (who might also be able to subjugate the ring), . Some maybe YL's: The Joker, Fu Manchu, Mastermind, Magneto, Baron Zemo, Loki.

I think Superman, Flash, and Captain America would be Blue Lanterns, and Spider-Man an Indigo Tribesman. Galactus, Luthor, and The Kingpin would be Orange Lanterns.

The Red Skull would be a Red Lantern.

laughing paradox

Batman would be yellow as well.. I'd think, anyway. Yellow and green.

I like that female Icicle design.. but that flash mask is like "huh?!" That's from a tv show?

BentonGrey

Quote from: laughing paradox on November 30, 2010, 05:57:33 PM

I like that female Icicle design.. but that flash mask is like "huh?!" That's from a tv show?

Yeah, from that terrible live action JL pilot.  Ughhh...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb-9JORZYCs

Anyway, nice work Daglob.  I love the yellow lantern Vader!  That's too perfect.  Hmm...what rings would the Challengers get?

Ahh!  That Silk Specter DOES look like Cher....
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Ha! Sinestro Corps Vader, that is pretty awesome.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on November 30, 2010, 05:57:33 PM

Batman almost got to be a Yellow Lantern, but the ring scanned him and decided that he was not acceptible. I did a YL Batman skin that is at one of the Character Obscura groups.

Sioux City Dynamo

Great work Daglob!  I really like the creativity!!

Respectfully,
Io

daglob

oldmanwinters

Quote from: daglob on December 01, 2010, 03:48:42 AM
Spoiler

Just a few more details, really.

Great job on the stitches and chest, Da Glob!  It's coming along great!

Although, I don't think the blue Krang compartment looks as good as your original all-yellow design in which the textures and details are more prevalent:
Quote from: daglob on November 18, 2010, 08:07:28 PM

I guess it is more toy accurate, though.  I'm sure you'll figure it out!

BentonGrey

Ha, too awesome!  With those stiches, he just about looks perfect.  I do agree with Winters, though.  While the blue is more true to the toy, it de-emphasizes Krang's nasty veins, which is a shame.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

Nice thing about working in layers, you can just turn them off.

oldmanwinters

Any chance you might include some of Krang's optional hand gadgets as seen in the TV show and the 2nd release of the toy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia4r2uV1nc8&feature=sub#t=6m04s

BentonGrey

I imagine that would be a really complicated skoping undertaking, sadly.
God Bless

daglob

I've got some custom SFX for Popeye, where for one melee attack his hand triples in size, and for another it becomes a hammer. So, it is possible to do SFX that will place a nif over his hand and look as though the hand has transformed. DeTournme did them.

I've though about the possibilities, but never pursued them.

BentonGrey

Hmm.........those could certainly work.  That would be a nice, relatively easy way to give Krang a bit more flexibility without having to worry about more skoping.
God Bless

daglob

Scorpion13mk2

Super Claus.

Id like to see the Grinch steal THIS Christmas.

blobula

Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

daglob

John Jr.

The Christmas Superfriends are great! We just need a Holidays Aquaman and we're set!

murs47