Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Man-Thing?  That's quite excellent Daglob!  I love the leafy look of him.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Actually, that is intended to be The Heap, forerunner of all shambling mockeries of men...

It's actually a scope of Sasquatch (just like Xemnu). It still needs work; some of the pieces around his middle don't move the way I'd like.

I'm hoping to do several of the characters from Hillman Comics (provided someone doesn't beat me to it).

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on January 23, 2011, 02:40:02 AM
Oughtta be finishing my Cybernauts and my Positive-Negative Man and trying to figure out how to do The Winged Avenger, and instead I feel like doing some Golden Age characters...

Wonder how Kenn's Blackhawk would look with Red Wolf's wolfhead on him...

You want to try, or shall I?

Nice looking Uriah Heap.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on January 24, 2011, 06:25:53 PM
I'm hoping to do several of the characters from Hillman Comics (provided someone doesn't beat me to it).

As probably one of the more likely candidates to be that "someone" I have no plans for the Hillman characters.   But remind me to send you a male_basic w/pilot-goggles (I'm working on modifying Spy Smasher and CAAAPTAAAAIIINNNN MMMMIIIIIIDNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!)

Scorpion13mk2

His name isnt actully Uriah.......right?

Am I not getting the joke here?

In other news, I like the layering of muck and moss you did on that monster there, Glob. Any chance of us maybe getting a Bionic Sasquatch, or something? Hell, why not a Six Million Dollar Man while yer at it?

Kenn

There was a 4 issue series published by First Comics back in... the late 1980s (I think) called "Alter Ego" which contained pastices of a lot of golden age characters.   The Hillman character "the Heap" was pastiched as "Uriah Heap".   In the fuzziness of my brain I confused the parody with the actual character.

President Raygun

Quote from: Kenn on January 24, 2011, 11:15:47 PM
There was a 4 issue series published by First Comics back in... the late 1980s (I think) called "Alter Ego" which contained pastices of a lot of golden age characters.   The Hillman character "the Heap" was pastiched as "Uriah Heap".   In the fuzziness of my brain I confused the parody with the actual character.

Maybe you were thinking of mid 70's rockers Uriah Heap

daglob

This is Fantomas from the 1964 movie. Now I have the urge to do John Sunlight... maybe do him in several different colored outfits...

Kenn I wold love to see Male Basic Pilot w/Goggles; he would probably do well for The Flying Dutchman. Will he have Jodhpurs and a scarf? CAN he have jodhpurs and a scarf?

The Heap also showed up in some comics from Eclipse when they were printing Airboy and such, and is vaugely related to The Heap from Skywald comics. His closest decendent is Man-Thing.

There is a 6 Million Dollar Man skin already, but I've thought about dong an update.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Kenn on January 24, 2011, 10:56:49 PM
Quote from: daglob on January 24, 2011, 06:25:53 PM

As probably one of the more likely candidates to be that "someone" I have no plans for the Hillman characters.   But remind me to send you a male_basic w/pilot-goggles (I'm working on modifying Spy Smasher and CAAAPTAAAAIIINNNN MMMMIIIIIIDNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!)

Captain Midnight!?  Awesome, I just started listening to his show. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Kenn

Quote from: President Raygun on January 24, 2011, 11:53:05 PM
Quote from: Kenn on January 24, 2011, 11:15:47 PM

Maybe you were thinking of mid 70's rockers Uriah Heap

Nope, I never knew of the 70's band "Uriah Heep" until a few hours ago.  I remember the 'Alter Ego' comic.  It was written by Roy Thomas, and I'm pretty sure Roy was making a reference to the character Uriah Heep from David Copperfield.

daglob

Just to show I haven't forgotten about the golden age heroes, here is The Ghost from Lev Gleason Comics. For awhile, he seemed to be the chief antagonist of The Claw (along with Daredevil, Silver Streak, and all of Gleason's other heroes).

Kind of a test for John Sunlight.

BentonGrey

Ahh, the Ghost!  Are you still planning on doing a Project Superpowers version of that fellow?  John Sunlight....nice work there, Daglob.  I really like your choice of face for him.  What, no purple? ;)  I think you've done a good job conceptualizing something that is pretty hard to put into visual terms.
God Bless

Podmark

I never seem to know any of the characters you skin, but the face work in particular is very nice daglob.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Like Pod, I don't know either of them, but the skins are impressive. I liked the Ghost's mask and Sunlight's face. The colors are great too.

daglob

laughing paradox

Movie Fantomas looks cool. I really like the face on John Sunlight.

daglob

I've mentioned this in hex editing: the above scope is missing pieces in CTool and the game.

Anyway, this is what I've done so far. One problem I'm running into is that Truman seems to draw Grimjack differently in every issue. I'll tryin to use the most common elements, but even things like his boots change color occasionally.

Podmark

Quote from: daglob on January 31, 2011, 03:11:31 AM
One problem I'm running into is that Truman seems to draw Grimjack differently in every issue.

Ah it drives me nuts when artists do that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

It's a lot worse with Golden Age characters, when the strip may have been drawn by more than one person and the character changes from panel to panel (like The Ghost above).

bearded

daglob

SSSTTOOOOOOOPORDUCK

The main problem is that the halves of the mesh are mirrored, so I can't just do the emblem as-is. But I'm working on it.

BentonGrey

God Bless

Sioux City Dynamo

Stuuuuper Duck!  I love it! 

If memory serves me right, somewhere I have Duck Dodgers Green Lantern.  Hmmm, perhaps some talented skinner might do Disney's Dark Wing Duck and then one could really have some fun.

Respectfully,
Io

Cyber Burn

I'd love to get my hands on the Duck Dodgers Green Lantern.

daglob

Actually, that is Darkwing Duck with the gun, hat, and scarf hidden.

I have ducks.

...and Commanda here is coming along.

laughing paradox

bearded

if you send me a pic of the S symbol, i will mesh it out as a 3d object and you can skope it onto anything.

bearded