Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

The duck is looking great, and Commanda's armor is impressive, great details and colors. The chest plate is amazing.

daglob

This is kinda interesting, but I just don't know what to do with them. Mercenary troops for AIM? Miscellaneous Hazmat Workers? AIM wannabes working for THEM? Some bozos from ACME?

BentonGrey

They are neat looking, Daglob.  I'd say they'd make excellent generic fodder for an original villain or some nameless government type agency.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

I've never seen a picture of this version of Batman, only read a couple of descriptions. Some of it I assume from other early depictions of the character; others I am guessing at from Robin's costume.

If anyone has seen a better pic of this pre-Detective 27 Batman, please point me to it.

oldmanwinters

Quote from: daglob on February 06, 2011, 02:37:17 AM
I've never seen a picture of this version of Batman, only read a couple of descriptions. Some of it I assume from other early depictions of the character; others I am guessing at from Robin's costume.

If anyone has seen a better pic of this pre-Detective 27 Batman, please point me to it.

Wikipedia attributes the reference to:
Steranko, Jim. The Steranko History of Comics Volume 1. Reading, PA: Supergraphics, 1970. (ISBN 0-517-50188-0)
So, I'm guessing the only version of Bob Kane's original vision was Bob Kane's original sketch that was soon overhauled.  I can only imagine how much that drawing would be worth...

daglob

That's where I read about it the first time.

Sure wish ol' Jim would finish the series before there is even more History of Comics to cover.

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on February 06, 2011, 04:54:28 AM
Sure wish ol' Jim would finish the series before there is even more History of Comics to cover.

Too late.   Volume 1 came out over 40 years ago.    Not sure when volume 2 was released.   But it has been longer since the first volume's release to now than there was between where the first began coverage to its publication.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

I've got both volumes. I don't know when the second one came out; I found a copy after the fact at a Daltons around 1976 (Amazon Dot Com says it was published in 1972). Volume 2 only got up to something like the early '50s, so instead of 20 years for the next four volumes to cover, there are now 60 years.

And more every minute...

martialstorm

I always enjoy seeing the characters you do and the research behind them. Excellent find Daglob!

Avalon

laughing paradox

I never knew that there was a pre-design of Batman.. that's pretty nifty information. Is the harness on the female AIM mercenary skoped or skinned?

Cyber Burn

The buckle looks great, and just out of curiosity, what did you use for the cape/wings?

UnkoMan

I've got to say... if you're skinning the buckle like that, why not do the rest of the skin to match?
Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude... it's awesome that you do these characters but some seem like works in progress and other have a lot more detail and seem finished. I am never quite sure which is which.
If you need any tips or advice on anything, there are plenty of folks ready and willing to lend a hand.

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 07, 2011, 11:33:51 PM
The buckle looks great, and just out of curiosity, what did you use for the cape/wings?

One of the Tom Versatile Male meshes has "wing planes", which are alpha enabled, and can be used for different kinds of wings. I used them for B-Man's wings when I did them because I could do thin, transparent, veined insect wings. The TGA for it is wingt2, I think.

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 10, 2011, 01:35:27 AM
I've got to say... if you're skinning the buckle like that, why not do the rest of the skin to match?
Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude... it's awesome that you do these characters but some seem like works in progress and other have a lot more detail and seem finished. I am never quite sure which is which.
If you need any tips or advice on anything, there are plenty of folks ready and willing to lend a hand.

The stuff usually looks like a work in progress because it is:

I just post stuff as I see fit. Usually I change the heading of the thread to indicate that the newest thing I've done is a WIP, but not always. I guess that can be confusing. I also post pictures of stuff I never finish, usually because I have some problem that I can't solve (Like the Cybermen). Eventually, I'll go back to it, and maybe I'll fix it and release it this time. Sometimes I post something like the orignal red-shirt Batman so others will know what I'm working on

Anyway, Proto-Batman still needs work, but he is coming along. I need a better face...

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 07, 2011, 11:28:27 PM
I never knew that there was a pre-design of Batman.. that's pretty nifty information. Is the harness on the female AIM mercenary skoped or skinned?

That's a TV mesh, and the "X" harness is actually a Hawkman harness. Meanwhile

Maybe this is the Queen of the Hazmat People. I had decided to make versions of these figures with flared boots and gloves instead of the puffy pants and sleeves. Then I got a silly notion and this is the result.

The arm band on her left wrist will become a control device of some sort. I may hide the boot cuffs and just skin some thigh-high boots on her.

Cyber Burn

I was thinking or creating more cannon fodder, and this just gave me the nudge I needed.

UnkoMan

Ahhhh it is. See, I figured, but I wasn't sure. I'd seen some WIPs and never saw the finished product of them, but had really wanted to, so I was curious.

THIS is what I wanted to see. The reason I creep on the skins forum all the time still. Cool!

oldmanwinters

Quote from: daglob on December 12, 2010, 11:10:15 PM

Only once do I remember him saying "Help meeeeee..."

Now I wanna do David Hedison as The Fly...

Wow, daglob, I just got to see your Baxter Stockman skin in action this weekend thanks to BentonGrey giving me a little sneak peak.  I was wondering if you have any plans to throw together a human pre-mutated version of Baxter as well?  I really would like to have both and while most any scientist skin could work, I would be great if your excellent sweater vest and bowtie could be preserved.

You could either the Caucasian or African-American versions:

daglob

I hadn't planned to do a normal Baxter, but I hadn't intended to do a mutated Baxter until Benton asked me.

BentonGrey

What say, Daglob?  You could proably recycle a good deal of your other skin.  That is a pretty righteous bow-tie and sweater vest. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 14, 2011, 05:09:17 PM
What say, Daglob?  You could proably recycle a good deal of your other skin.  That is a pretty righteous bow-tie and sweater vest. :D

Maybe. Somebody else would have to do a scope until I find out what is wrong with my computer/graphics card/Nifscope.

Menawhile:

Yes, it's the very beginnings of Puman's Pal Vandino.
It's been years since I've seen this movie, and reading a synopsis makes me wonder-was it the basis for The Greatest American Hero?

BentonGrey

Much, MUCH worse, but similar...except the "hero" is kidnapped into being a hero by that fellow you've just done a nice rendition of.  He's the true hero of the movie, which is pretty sad. 

You can probably just use the male_suit mesh with a skoped bow tie.  I'll bug someone about that (no pun intended).  Still having issues, huh?  What is your computer doing?
God Bless

laughing paradox

Hey, wanted to say thanks for that Fantomas release.. it's very cool.

I also wanted to give you a head's up on Fly_Girl.. it's missing all the glow files and a lightmap file in the standard mesh.

daglob

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 14, 2011, 10:17:05 PM
Hey, wanted to say thanks for that Fantomas release.. it's very cool.

I also wanted to give you a head's up on Fly_Girl.. it's missing all the glow files and a lightmap file in the standard mesh.

I'll look into it.

daglob

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 14, 2011, 06:10:53 PM
Much, MUCH worse, but similar...except the "hero" is kidnapped into being a hero by that fellow you've just done a nice rendition of.  He's the true hero of the movie, which is pretty sad. 

You can probably just use the male_suit mesh with a skoped bow tie.  I'll bug someone about that (no pun intended).  Still having issues, huh?  What is your computer doing?

It would work better on a PV mesh; that has pants but if you hide the trenchcoat the upper body is like Male Basic. It also has glasses.

Stuff that looks fine in Nifscope has missing pieces in Ctool and the game. Cyber Burn is going to look at my Grimjakc scope and see how it looks on his computer.

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on February 15, 2011, 01:06:38 AM
It would work better on a PV mesh; that has pants but if you hide the trenchcoat the upper body is like Male Basic. It also has glasses.

I'll send you my PV_Blowtie.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Cyber Burn

I am clueless as to what's going on with the skope that you sent me, so I'm just going to start it over from scratch to see if the same thing happens again.

daglob

Thanks to hard work by Cyber Burn, I now have a Grimjack that hs all its peices parts. Now I just need to finish it.

Good Work, CB!

Copper age has done this skin before, but I have never been able to find it. This is the beginning of my version of it. Spyder Spry here was an antagonist of the Silver Age Fly. This suit is simpler than the one designed by Jack Kirby. Sadly, poor Spyder eventually lost weight and adopted a costume/uniform that made him look like a Silver Age Lex Luthor.

BentonGrey

Hey Daglob, that Grimjack is really coming along nicely!
God Bless