Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I seem to have access to the forum.

So:

In this group we have Spider-Carnage by Johnny Patches, an attempt at a Wally Wood Daredevil, Monarch, and Bat Hulk with flaming hands (that don't work quite right)

First up is a WIP Tabuu-Wizard of the Jungle (a Fletcher Hanks character), Bluto (not Brutus), an early version of Blue Beetle, Catowman, a Nazi Blue Beetle, A skin for a Batgirl mesh (by Bearded?), Dr. Spectro, The Nova (aka Kal-El), and The Red Beetle (who looks better down below). In the back is Captain Sivana from an episode of Brave and Bold.

The guy in red is not my skin, it's The Monk by Atomic Robot on my scope. Next is a more complete Tabuu, then an alternate Supergirl, followed by Black Light, then Super-Batman, from a wacky '50s issue of World;s Finest.

Red Beetle looks much better as she defends Super-Lucy, unaware that Frankenstein is lurking behind her, or that the 'First" Hulk and The Purple Scar are lurking nearby. I can't remember the guy in front, but he has one of the most lackluster costumes I ever saw.

So, we start with Mister Hyde, next are two alternate Supergirls, one a kind of Black Adam Supergirl, and the next thinking she is Tommy Troy's cousin. Then is The Tarantula on a PV mesh, followed by a nearly complete Scarlet Arrow. next are Wonder Woman Red and Wonder Woman Blue, Buckaroo Banzai, and Sgt. Strike. In the back is a certain penny...

Okay, here is Trina Robbins' original version of Vampirella, Plymo the Rubberman, johnny Quest, and Supergirl of Paradise Island.

Alfred E. Superman, Mad Lantern, Kara believing she is Barry Allen's cousin, a set of three characters to go with Impossible Man, Captain Triumph (with his brother floating ghostily[?] in the background) and the beginnings of The black Scorpion. in the back are new scopes (FF1) for the iron Avengers.

Supergirl as she might have appeared as a student of Charles Xavier, or Steve Rogers cousin, or as Super-Santa's cousion, or as one of the Justice Lords. in the back is a martian.

Copper Age's skin on my Brain Emperor scope, and Supergirl under the impression she is Alchemiss' cousin.

Smurf Lantern and The Asgardian Manhunter.

Spider-Pool, Spider Armor, a Iron Spider-Woman, and an early Trapster.

Carnage new head by Johnny Patches, a character known as Jason Hyde, and my version of Dark Alchemiss.

Venom newhead (JP again), another view of The Trapster, and The Green Goblynne.

A test to see what The Toad would look like as Gollum, and a complete Black Scorpion.

An obscure character known as Mighty Mite. The ghostly figure of Major (or Master?) Might  hovers behind him offering comments and advice, sometimes even useful advice.

Updated 111512

Cyber Burn

Glad to see you back on these forums Daglob. There's alot of neat stuff here.

Randomdays

Wlecome back as well. Looking forward to seeing these posted if they haven't been yet. It looks like Bluto is there, so the Popeye I skoped would have his old friend/ enemy to knock around. That, the Jonny Quest, Conan and the Trapster are my favorites.

detourne_me

Holy Mackeral!
What a haul!
Do I see Mantis? Like from the 90's TV? The Trapster? A Brave and the Bold Batman (recent cartoon)?
Great work DaGlob!

Cyber Burn

Since I have Trapster and Monarch, I'll try to upload those this weekend to a Yahoo Group.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 15, 2012, 02:21:44 PM
Since I have Trapster and Monarch, I'll try to upload those this weekend to a Yahoo Group.

If/when I get my hands on Monarch, that will mark an end point for me of sorts: I can't think of a single character left that I'm actively wanting.

I can't even....it's weird. So many creators have done so much, skinners, meshers, hexers and skopers. I've followed this community for so long, and will continue to do so, because the material that has been created for years and years has been amazing. I have no doubt that it will continue.

But for me...what a weird feeling. Just wanted to say thanks, Cyber and Da Glob, for finishing up the one character that I thought might slip through the cracks -- I honestly didn't think Monarch would ever get done.

Cyber Burn

Monarch's been on my list forever, I just never thought I could skin him and do him justice, thankfully Daglob stepped up and provided an awesome skin for my little skope. The man is a skinning machine, and is always getting better.

On a side note, there has to be at least one more character that you want to see made for the FF games.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 16, 2012, 03:09:03 PM
Monarch's been on my list forever, I just never thought I could skin him and do him justice, thankfully Daglob stepped up and provided an awesome skin for my little skope. The man is a skinning machine, and is always getting better.

On a side note, there has to be at least one more character that you want to see made for the FF games.

You know, it's funny, because I said that to myself -- isn't there one character? There has to be one.

But over the years, I've been fortunate to get a few requests filled, the trickiest one being Prometheus, where Tommy and Syn both provided meshes. Then Syn did Nova's last outfit, as well as Quasar's update, on his own -- I had really liked those designs.

Da Glob himself did a few Golden Age characters back when Dynamite was using them with Alex Ross (I LOVED YOUR HYDRO, Da GLOB!), then Laughing Paradox started doing some truly obscure characters, like the Resistants and Mutant Liberation Front...

I just have been really lucky in that the characters I've truly liked -- I'm pretty mainstream in my tastes -- have been done. I've always appreciated the work of others, because I can barely skope enough to copy a part to another mesh. I think this stuff is difficult -- that's why I'm amazed at how much has been done. It is staggering, sometimes, if you really stop to think about how many characters have been done.

I suppose if there was one thing on the horizon that I might find myself wanting to have, it might be what Hickman's got coming up with the Avengers. It looks like there's going to be a female Captain Universe and a female Smasher from the Imperial Guard, so while those skins have been done for male meshes, it might be nice to have those for women....

OH! I know! There is one set of characters, one in particular, who I've always wanted, but the skope(s) would likely be too difficult: DC's Extremists, especially Dreamslayer. But those characters are so 90s, with their designs so outlandish, I just don't see how anything could be adapted for them. Just crazy characters...I suppose Dr. Diehard and Tracer could probably be done, but Lord Havok, Dreamslayer and Gorgon....not so much, and really, I don't even think about them enough to really even say that I "want" them.

Basically, I've used a lot of words to say, "thanks" and "I appreciate all of you guys' work!" I know I've been lucky to have seen nearly all of it! :thumbup:

daglob

I updated my post hand now list who is in each pic. Some are pretty obscure (like Plymo the Rubberman).

daglob

Hey! I'm back!

Here are some WIP skins for Cuber Burn's Manhunter scopes.

My Female Zombie skin on RMT's Headless Daphne (from Pulp Fiction), and my skin on Johnny Patches Black Widow scope.

Lillith and Satana.

daglob

Starting at the left we have The Scarlet Arrow (a very good series that only had two adventures that I've seen), Voltron (before he got androidized by Marvel Comics-he sported some of the earliest Joe Kubert art), Then Bizarro Superman Yellow and Bizarro Superman Green from a Bizarro world story. Next the two guys with "Z" on their chests are Zippo and Z. I really like the Zippo series, and Z has the distinction of being an opponent of Captain Marvel and a creation of Jack Kirby and Joe Simon. No, really.
Next to Z is Zarko the Tomorrow Man, then an alternate Spider-Woman on a Johnny Patches scope, Master Mystic (a Specter-level character that may have only had one adventure), the beginnings of Master Key and I Was A Teenage Werewolverine (intended for Halloween last year). In the back are a couple of cards from a certain cave, and the heroes Jupiter: The Master Magician (another one?), and Firebrand (whose helmet isn't working right. He has the same powers and origin as Spider-Man's villain Electro).

Last edited 12/19/12.

On the left is The Tumbler (another one-shot wonder), in the middle is professor Fallout on a scope by Cyber Burn, and on the right is Whip Whirlwind (also by CB).

Okay, this is a long one. First is my version of Niatpac Lavram-an evil version of The Big Red Cheese, a punk Supergirl from an illustration I found years and years ago, an Eclipso-ed Wonder Woman, The 7up Spot, a Supergirl based on another drawing I found, and TNT Todd (very obscure).  Next to TNT is a Silver Banshee skin on a mesh with particle effects, and another version of Batman from another incorrectly colored movie poster. Next we have a heroic version of The Prankster (yes, another obscure hero), and two variations on Supergirl. Behind Supergirl Blue is some playing around with a mesh by Crusader-Saracen, and lastly Electroman-kind of but not exactly a British copy of Captain Marvel.

AfghanAnt

Are those Bizarro Electro Supes? And oh man that female zombie and and the emitting beams from Jason Hyde are amazing. What FX are you using to create that?

Cyber Burn

The Manhunters look great, and I love the headless zombie.

daglob

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 27, 2012, 12:42:42 AM
Are those Bizarro Electro Supes? And oh man that female zombie and and the emitting beams from Jason Hyde are amazing. What FX are you using to create that?

Those are Bizarro Electro-Supermen. You actually gave me the idea. They are from a Bizarro Superman story illustrated by David Lloyd. I have a Bizarro Superman by JKC (I think) that used Kyle's hair, so I did the same. Now I need to finish Electro-Superman Red, White, and Blue...

For the beams in Jason Hyde's eyes, I used the pointy beak from a TV mesh, distorted it a bit, alpha-ed most of it out and did a Glow texture for it that faded toward the wide end. I could have done them longer, but this looked alright (I have never read a story with the character; he was requested a long time ago, and the write-up at International Super-Hero interested me. It took me this long to figure out how to do him).

That female zombie skin is for BIL's female zombie. Maybe he'll release it soon...

daglob

And now for something completely different:

Why hasn't anyone else done this yet?

A skin for another of CB's Manhunter scopes.

Khar-El, Noh-El's cousin.

Silver Bell.

And The Lion of Asgard as you've never seen him before.

Cyber Burn

You sir, are a skinning machine. Manhunter looks great, and I love the Christmas themed characters. Bag-head Spider-Man made me laugh, well played.

daglob

I've never been a big fan of anime, but I have bought a couple of series when I could. One was Battle Angle Alita, and the other was this one:

Got a decent start on it, anyway.

docdelorean88

BAG MAN!!!! He is so bagtastic it hurts! In the best possible way ofcourse! Great work!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Johnny Patches

OMG!! thanks dag  :thumbup:
i thought id never see these skined sence there are others like it around lol..  :banghead:
makes me want to comeout of the wood works again for a second round..  :)
keep up the great work buddy you never kno..  ;)

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Johnny Patches on December 17, 2012, 02:01:01 PM
i thought id never see these skined sence there are others like it around lol..  :banghead:

I think that there would be a lot of happy people to see you come out of retirement JP.  :thumbup:

daglob

Quote from: Johnny Patches on December 17, 2012, 02:01:01 PM

I once said that I'd be glad to skin anything you made. There are probably others who feel the same way.

Meanwhile:

Sincwe Marvel seems to be intent on doing for The Hulk what DC did for Green Lantern, I decided to get the junp on them. I've already done a purple "Hulk" in the person of The Infragable Krunk, so I didn't do another one. These are really just Photoshop tricks, as is the following:

This is part of a Christmas present for everybody which I hope I can get finished in time.

These are NOT my skins, and many of them are not my scopes, either. I don't remember who did Male Basic Starro years ago, but no one ever did much with it that I know of. So I put the starfish on Male Cape and Male Belt, and it would make one impressive crew for Starro to summon (If I could just get Summon to work on my computer). Since I did this picture, I figured out how to get the starfish on Male Alpha without it being too reflective, so that would add all sorts of characters. Next I'll have to try it on some female meshes...

Cyber Burn

I lke the multicolored Hulks, that will be fun to play with. I also like the Starro army. Good stuff.

Randomdays

Looking forward to many great releases from the Daglob - a good Chrismas for FF fans this year.

President Raygun

Lovin' those Starros DG.  :thumbup: (BTW I think it was KennX who made the Starro mesh)

Cyber Burn

Nah, worked on the actual Starro mesh, but I think it was Ow_Tiobe (Spelling?) who made the Male_Basic_Starro mesh.

daglob

I'll have to see if I have my original download of the Starro-Slave mesh. I haven't had time what with Christmas and two tornados.

Anyway:

These are Sinnomon and Pyre-Anna. I don't really know much about them except what I read at International Super Hero.

daglob

More stuff:

More Photoshopped Hulks (Rainbow Hulk feel pretty!). Some of you may realize I'm over in Silver Age Batman terratory now. The glowing green version is intended as a GL construct, to be summoned by someone like Kyle Rayner.

This is a British character already represented by a fine Copper Age skin. However, there was not suitable mesh at the time, so with the help of a Taskmasster and a TM Batman mesh, we now have The Bat.

The Brain Emperor is almost finished, and Hip Knox is pretty well done. Boris there in the middle still needs work.

Cyber Burn

Love the Hulks, very fun. Brain Emperor looks great, nice job on the plate mail.

darabka

Wow those look sweet! A Smurf Lantern?  :D Nice. When and where are those going to be avalible?

daglob

The Smurf is by Bearded-In-Lair; I don't know what he wants to do about releasing it.

Meanwhile:

Here are Infama (Sinnamon's first villain), and a rather obscure Golden Age heroine known as The Blue Lady.

Kara somehow thinking that she is Storm's cousin, and Hulklipso. The idea sounded better in my head.

Based on a skin by Atomic Robot we have Batman America and The Bizarro Hulk. There was this old "Tales of the Bizarro World" story where they made an imperfect duplicate of a hideous monster...