Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

On the left is a big-headed Flash (didn't realize until I'd added the ear and boot wings that this mesh has shoulder rings), then is Sapollo, the star of a Bizarro World horror movie (and re-reading the original story, it still seems so much like Zibarro), then a couple of electric Supermen: Superman Red and Blue, and Superman Red, White, and Blue.

I can't think of any real use for Sapollo, The Flash is rather silly, and the two Supermen are just exercises in Photoshop techniques. I may be wasting my time.

Although... there are worse ways of doing that.

cmdrkoenig67

DG, did you and Yellow Lantern ever release those cool flying saucers?

Dana

daglob

No, I don't think so. I was working on them when my mother took ill, and a lot of stuff went by the wayside.

I need to look back at hem and see just what I've got left on them.

daglob

Okay, so on the left is an image I found on the web and then had to do a skin for her (with a little mild scoping on the collar-which could be better). IN the middle is the start of a Superman skin based on a painting. On the right is a WIP of the Justice Lords Superboy.

...and this is from another image I found on the net. The negative and black-suited Supermen are on the Human Torch Black mesh, but the black lightning bolts made the pic too hard to view.

docdelorean88

Sailor Starsaphire! NICE and those supermen look fantastic!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

laughing paradox

Sailor Star Sapphire is amusing. I dig it!

Nice work on your Superguys.

Outcast

Hehe, I never thought i'd see the Sailor Moon mesh being skinned in such a creative way. :P I also like that Superman skin in the center. The face has that classic style of drawing found in old comic books. :)

daglob

Quote from: Outcast on April 02, 2013, 04:08:37 PM
Hehe, I never thought i'd see the Sailor Moon mesh being skinned in such a creative way. :P I also like that Superman skin in the center. The face has that classic style of drawing found in old comic books. :)

That skin is mostly my Superman Wayne (Boring) skin. I haven't changed the legs or face yet (and I may not change the face).

I found a small picture of Sailor Sapphire while looking for Star Sapphire pictures to use as inspiration of a Sue Storm Star Sapphire skin to finish my Fantastic Lanterns (GL Thing, Blue Lantern Mr. Fantastic, Black Lantern Johnny Storm [is he still dead?], and Star Sapphire Sue).

President Raygun

daglob

Found my 1963 comics. N-Man is part Iron Man, part Morph, part Dr. Phosphorous, and Comrade Cockroach is a Spiderman mesh by Tommy.

The pants don't really work right, so I'll probably remove them and just skin them on. I also did the Voidoid, but he won't show up in CTool (since he's white on white). I might change him over to a hex-editied Punisher mesh, with all the dummy weapons hidden, so he can have access to some like in the Fury story. Perhaps a Solo-Agent of L.A.S.E.R. might be fun too.

Lessee... that would leave Hypernaut, Infra-Man and Infra-Girl, Horus, and any of the villains we felt like doing I think.

windblown

I didn't know those characters, I googled them because Comrade Cockroach intrigued me. Nice work on them!

Cyber Burn

Your skopes are coming along really nice there Daglob. I'm very imressed with the stuff you've been previewing.

Epimethee

Love that someone tacked those! Really hoping to see the other 1963 characters too.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

daglob

This is as close as I can get him. It combines two Iron Man meshes. The "S" needs to be lightened up, and I nedd to finish the helmet and boots.

detourne_me

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 22, 2013, 10:26:17 PM
Man, that looks cool!
Seriously!
Way cool,   is this a kind of SS Iron Man, or SS Steel?

Bloodshadow

windblown

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

It's from an Elseworlds story I've never read called something like "Superman-The Dark Side". The cover I've seen shows Supes in armor similar to this with looming pics of Darkseid and Highfather. It also shows him with a sword, but I haven't quite figured out how to put it in (much less why he'd need it-he's Superman. Then again, why does he need the armor? Intimidation?) Gren's recent Iron Man is the base, with thigh pieces from a TV Iron Man. Male Basic KF seem to work with the mesh, so I've got him using Renegade's MB Superman KF.

Bloodshadow

Cool,I never would have guessed that this was a Superman design or character.

Cyber Burn

I keep coming back to check this out, you really did a heck of a job skinning this guy.  :thumbup:

Helix

That skin is Ri.Dic.U.Lous! Excellent job, my friend! Really, really nice work!

BigD

A fine piece of work my good friend! So far you are doing a good job, and further more I hope that you get it done and released for me to try it out. If not, I can wait for something else to come my way. So once again, good job and I hope you get some other mesh or skin of an interesting or familiar character done when you get the chance. Until then peace out my friends!  ;)

BigD
:cool:

daglob

More Work in Progress:

On the left is a scope of Kenn X's Space Ghost Scope (?), depicting one of the early designs that Alex Toth offered to Hanna-Barbera. Next to him is Radian, a Wally Wood Creation from the Wham-O Super Comic. In the middle is The Blue amazon, from the same unvierse as the Metropolis Superman and Noseratu Batman. I haven't read the story, but decided to give the costume a try. I just wish I could find a way to smooth out the "WW"; the mesh won't let me do a guide in Photoshop.

Next to Diana is an old skin I may never release, especially since Murs' version is so very much better. Last in line is my adaptation of a toy Bizarro I saw. It was featured with a Superman, both very much in the stype of Bruce Timm. It was all desaturated, and the face was craggy instead of faceted. Still, it looks kind of interesting.

Helix

Cyber Burn

Green Lantern Deadpool, fantastic! Bizarro is also really nicely skinned.

daglob

A work in progress of a Supergirl costume I saw. I think the story involves New Krypton. This is a scope combining Ink's Jean Grey New X-Men with Lilandra (to get rid of the jacket-all Ink's othr female meshes were TOO Tall). Now if I can just find some more "super" keyframes to go with it...

Bloodshadow

I like it,cool design.
Have you tried Grenadier's Female eternal keyframes?