Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazo Version 2.2

yoda is awesome. so is that darkside superman. very sweet. just out of curiosity, after seeing your ff lanterns, do you have an actual ff that you skinned?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on June 03, 2013, 03:26:52 PM
yoda is awesome. so is that darkside superman. very sweet. just out of curiosity, after seeing your ff lanterns, do you have an actual ff that you skinned?

Yes and no. I've done two sets of the Fantastic Four from two different issues of What If; the ones where each of the FF has another power (one of them), and one where the original bullpen is the FF (including Mr. Stantastic, Brodsky Torch, Invisible Flo, and a cigar-shomping Kirby Thing). I usually don't do the mainstream characters, just variant or obscure versions of them.

daglob

Some Champions villains from Enemies III. From left to right we have Crytron, Bruiser, and Power Crusher. B and PC need to be lightened up (this is kind of a field test of my base skin), and Bruiser's emblem needs to be changed, but it is a good start.

spydermann93

DaGlob, I love your skins!

You never cease to surprise me. :P

BentonGrey

Cool, I think Bruiser's skin looks particularly nice.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Symon

Excellent.
I particularly like Cryotron from the 'Corruptors of All' (IIRC).
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Cyber Burn

Nice skins Daglob, your base skin looks very good.

On a side note, I saw that you were wishing for a better helmet for your Starlord (I think that was it), do you have a certain helmet in mind? Or a pic of what you want? I would be glad to help out if I could.

daglob

Right now Star Lord has Giant Man's helmet, which is similar but not the same. I thihk there were slight differences between the original Starlord's helmet (was that art by Steve Gan?) and the one by John Byrne. I prefer Byrne's.

Now look at this:

This is Cyber Burn's scope for DEMON Agents from the Champions RPG. The color scheme on the left is the one from the Champions limited series Eclipse published ages ago, and I find it very... yuck, as my granddaughter would say. The one on the right is re-colored using the regular DEMON uniforms as a basis (the boys are fond of black and red). Why would anyone use pastel green and tan as a color scheme for minions of a malevolent, demon-worshipping orgainization?

Not finished yet...

Cyber Burn

Both look good, but I definitely prefer the Red and Black version.

spydermann93

Red and Black, by far.

The other one seems to look kind of like a Hydra rip-off with too much effort to try and copy the green-yellow color scheme without actually being green or yellow :P

Symon

I knew red and black would work much better. Nice job on the Demon Logo too!

...and just so you know folks, the Green and yellow version Daglob has done there is MILES better than some of the versions I have on product covers!
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

BentonGrey

Ohh heck yeah, the red and black.  That one looks nice and evil, the other one could be the good guys, for heaven's sake!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Symon on June 07, 2013, 08:33:41 PM
I knew red and black would work much better. Nice job on the Demon Logo too!

...and just so you know folks, the Green and yellow version Daglob has done there is MILES better than some of the versions I have on product covers!

Daglob always comes through with top notch quality skins. And he is definitely the master of the obscure.

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 07, 2013, 07:58:44 PM
Red and Black, by far.

The other one seems to look kind of like a Hydra rip-off with too much effort to try and copy the green-yellow color scheme without actually being green or yellow :P

That makes as much sense as anything else.

martialstorm

You could give them different ranking Daglob, that way you can use both.  Otherwise I do like the red & black the same as the others. However I think its been the convention in comics for a minion to look inferior to their big boss so using that reasoning the green and tan still works.

daglob

I intend to send Symon both, so he can decide to use one or both.

More WIP:

On top we have a couple of mercs flanked by a couple of Morbanes. I need to work on the faces of the mercs a bit, these are just copies of the other skins. The Morbanes need to have their Soul's Eye gems stuck on their foreheads. I did the female versions of the agents too, but somehow seem to have lost the pic. The guy in the pointy hood is a decoy agent: if you break into a DEMON meeting you see a bunch of these guys running around shouting "ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" as though they really think something will happen. Meanwhile, in the secret cavern below...

spydermann93

Haha, those are freakin' amazing, DaGlob!

:thumbup:

Symon

Just superb. I hadn't moved on to the rank and file Morbanes other than thinking mc_hood (iirc). Mission 3 needs the Morbanes.

windblown

BigD

In the words of Peter Griffin from Family Guy, ":D Freakin' Sweet! :D".

BigD
:cool:

AfghanAnt

I really like the design on these.

martialstorm

Oh, they're looking like a great collection Daglob. Great variation with the different uniforms and weapon types.

Cyber Burn

Very nice Daglob. If you send those back to me, I'll update the skopes for you.

laughing paradox

Very cool crop of characters, DaGlob.

daglob

All I did was color them; Cyber Burn did the scopes and Atticboy and Beyonder did the Male Helmet Rifle mesh. I do have different skins with different faces (dropping faces from other skinners into the famework), so there are six or so different mercs with rifles. Won't do that to the Morbanes or the pistol-packing mercs, since most of their faces won't be seen. Heck, maybe a couple of more on the Morbanes...

daglob

A couple of Things:

Here we have Miss Thing and The Thing. Miss Thing is on a scope provided by Detourne Me, and The Thing is on Tommy's bumpy Thing mesh. Bumpy will come with a bump map. The two Thing skins are basically the same, with some minor differences on the hands and feet. Miss Thing is not quite finished yet.

This is the beginning of a little project I'm working on for Benton.

I don't know if I've posted this before. It's a Hulk robot, like the one from Steve Rude's Superman/Hulk team up.

Podmark

Nice skins.
Very happy to see Miss Thing.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

DG, I love your Champions minions.  Those guys ended up looking really great.

Miss Thing!  Ha, that is too awesome.  Great work man!  The regular flavored Thing next to her is also awesome looking.  That's a really impressive skin on him.

Hmm...unless I miss my guess, that's a hirsuite gentlemen with a fondness for pork products, OR a man who's hobby is knocking ever-so-lightly on doors.
God Bless

daglob

Ah Benton, I would have thought the rusty red arm hairs would be the giveaway. I just hope I've re-sized the mesh correctly to be shorter than Male Basic...

Cyber Burn

For some reason, I just love that Hulk mesh, and every skin you make for it just keeps getting better and better.