Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Hey DG, those are all fairly cool, but I just LOVE the greaser looking guy.  I've got no clue who he is, but that is an awesomely oddball design.  It reminds me of the Neutrinos, but I love it anyway. ;)

What's the thought process behind the design of Bronze Age Glob? 

Would you mind sending me the skope you're using for the serpent men?  The skin doesn't have to be finished, but I'm doing some character building today.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Benton: I'll get it to you as soon as I can.

Meanwhile:

These are nearly done. I'm thinking of going ahead and doing an Ant Man skin for a mildly hexed Ant-Man_tf or something, although there exists a fine (and accurate) version already.

Lord Emshiddey did a fine Anime Furry mesh, and yet, so far as I know, no one has ever done another skin for it. Well, I was watching "Emerald Knights" and relaized that the first GL killed bears a slight resemblance to the mesh. Anyway, here is a GL skin for Lord E's mesh, and an old concept I was playing with: The Atomic Lantern.

BigD

I really like what you got so far for your latest creations daglob :thumbup:, those three ladies related to the Fantastic Four are so cool and judging by my guesses and the look of them one of them is Miss Thing, the others are She-Hulk and Medusa of the INHUMANS. I do also like your Green Lantern skin for the Anime Furry Mesh :D, it does look awesome and above all even if it has a name or not it's really cool to me plus I like the costume it's wearing ^_^. I also like your Atomic Lantern, he is so cool and furthermore I like the way he looks with the costume he is wearing which is so superior. I hope you have these guys released soon enough for all of us to use including me :), and I do hope that you bring us more weird yet interesting characters to play with in and on :ff: to enjoy by :). I will get them whenever I get the chance when you release them, and I'm sure to enjoy playing with them on :ff:. Until we meet again, CUL8TR ;)! One more thing :o, my computer which is a black custom made E-machines and/or HP computer in my bedroom was having some issues because it was either the video card or something else and I had to take it to a repair shop to get it fix which I hope that it will get fixed soon enough so that I can play some more :ff: soon enough :( and yet :mellow:. So at this time, I will make a list of what to download for myself and above all download it later until I get my computer back from the repair shop :mellow:. Again, I will CUL8TR ;).

BigD
:cool:

Cyber Burn

Nice couple of Lanterns you've got there Daglob. I've never seen that mesh by Lord E, but it is pretty cool.

Podmark

Awesome job on the FF ladies Daglob! Your GL looks very nice as well.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

Those are great! I especially like the F4 women.

Amazo Version 2.2

more wonderful stuff daglob, i think you have got to have the record for the the most obscure skins, maybe even the most skins period
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on July 23, 2013, 02:03:11 PM
more wonderful stuff daglob, i think you have got to have the record for the the most obscure skins, maybe even the most skins period

Naaaah... I'm pretty sure Tommyboy's got me beat for most skins. What, 25 Yahoo Groups and his site at Freedom Force Forever?

Anyway, here is something else:

I started both of these awhile back, but some problems handling the Gni mesh stopped me. I'm looking back at them though. On the left, of course, is everyone's favorite Ghoul Girl Elvira sporting a variation Star Sapphire costume. I just need something for the neck-piece and then kind of sex up the design a little (it is, after all Elvira). On the right is Tala, sometime foe of The Phantom Stranger and recently seen on Justice League Unlimited. I need some pointy things for her shoulders. They are a little like the "wasp shoulders" or "mantis shoulders" for Tommy's meshes, but they are turned the other way (looking more toward Neal Adams and Jim Aparo's versions than the more recent ones), or they are a really weird collar. I've got a similar problem with Hero Alliance's Guardian.

Sioux City Dynamo

Daglob, great work!  I really like the FF skins!  I have been wanting to do that team for some time now....Will you do Antman as well? 

Keep up the great work!!
Io

BentonGrey

Nice DG, as always.  I REALLY love the Fantastic Four ladies.  I have a soft spot for Medusa, and that's a lovely version of a costume I don't think I've seen in FF before.  She's pretty underrepresented in the game anyway, so that's cool. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Yeah, I've got lots of stuff to release and here I go messing around with something new:

Amazo joking requested a new mesh/scope, and I had to start one. Anyone who wants to take John Stewart Modern's KF and add Superman, Flash, and some kind of lassoing animations to it will be welcome.

Amazo Version 2.2

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Cyber Burn

Ok, I added some animations to the Keyframe set from Gren's "Speedster" Keyframes (The ones from your "Flash_JLA_pilot" skope) as well as some animations from Renegades "MBSupeKF" Keyframes. As for the Lasso animations, I'm not quite there yet.

detourne_me

Are you using renegade's vigilante for lasso animations? It could probably be sloped together

Cyber Burn

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at, I just haven't made the attempt yet. I haven't had a whole lot of success when it comes to keyframes that involve objects.

daglob

In the center is a character from the webcomic Johnny Saturn. I have no idea what her name is (Princess?). To the left is the Supergirl New Krypton skin on a Rogue mesh, because it has more "super" animations. To the right is another version of Elvira as a Star Sapphire. Just to the right of her and in front is the beginning of Dr. Phibes. Finally, a scope of Beast Leonine, Male Heavy Chaingunner, and The Abomination's ears making a Kzin with a gun (from Larry Niven's "Known Space" series and an issue or two of The X-Men).

Cyber Burn

I really like the Supergirl, and the skin in the middle front looks really cool, it's a great design and very well implemented.

BigD

Hey daglob :lol:, I really like the meshes you've just shown us including me in the form of previews very much 100% and furthermore they are so awesome :thumbup:. My three personal favorites that I like are the Supergirl New Krypton which is on the Rogue mesh that you mentioned, plus the creepy yet spooky Dr. Phibes which I think is the coolest yet scariest character of all time and I do like your custom made scope/skoped mesh of the Beast Leonine combined with the Male Heavy Chaingunner, and The Abomination's ears which you made it into a Kzin carrying a cool gun that you mentioned it was from Larry Niven's "Known Space" series along with an issue or two of The X-MEN which I personally like and is my number one favorite and choice :). Also, I forgot to mention one more that I also like ^_^, I especially like Elvira dressed up as Star Sapphire, and she is totally marvelous. I hope you bring these cool meshes out of the mesh maker oven, and to us to play with and use in/on :ff: daglob :D. Oh, and do please keep up the good work, and also bring us some more of your weird and wacky characters to us from the wonderful yet weird world of Character Obscura. CUL8TR ;)!

BigD
:cool:

Amazo Version 2.2

seriously sweet supergirl, and that kzin is an interesting looking character, im not familiar with it, but it looks interestting.

daglob

Okay, on the left is yet another one of those things that Sinestro would have hated to see during the Sinestro Corps War. In the middle is my interperatation of a costume Wolverine wore in a sory where he, Spider-Man, The Hulk, and Ghost Rider became the FF. I haven't seen the costume very well, but this is what I get from it. On the right is Doc Fantastic, which was just some silliness.

In the back is a view of the skin I did for the Amazo scope I'm playing with. It looks like I really need to fix the belt. I may do also another skin of the green outfit, because I have found this beautiful action figure of Amazo that looks like Ted Cassidy, and I love the idea.

Cyber Burn

Hey Daglob, is your Amazo that much bigger than the other characters, or is it just the picture?

Amazo Version 2.2

i'm not familiar with doc fantastic, but it looks sweet. i am loving the joker as a sinestro corps member, that is just a sweet idea. i hate so ask, but is there anyway that you could e-mail your joker to me please?

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 03, 2013, 12:25:00 AM
Hey Daglob, is your Amazo that much bigger than the other characters, or is it just the picture?

In the comics the original Silver Age Amazo was something like 15' tall (one source says-looking at my Showcase Presents editions he looks to vary between 7-8 and 10 feet). In game the scope I took him from looks to be at least head and shoulders taller than the average hero. I enlarged the John Stewart to 1.2x the original size, and the transplanted body was still taller by about half a head. It seemed to work, but I still had to enlarge the aura a little (can't remember how much) to make it fit. Looking back, I was sizing the picture to Doc Savage, who is like 6'6" or something like that, so he is 'way taller than The Joker, who is probalby not to scale, either.

So, he is bigger and it is the picture.

Oh, and Amazo: Doc Fantastic is just Doc Savage in a FF uniform. It's just something silly, like the Bizarro Hulk (with Bill Bixby's face), Bizarro Daredevil (Scaredevil-The Man Filled With Fear), and Yellow Lantern versions of Dr. Doom and The Shadow I did.

daglob

Some odds and ends. On the left is an early version of The Iron Skull. There is another skin for him in his super-hero version, but originally he wore a suit and hat, and was a cyborg not an android. I'm looking for some better pants; they looked fine on MLJ's Skull, but somehow on Iron Skull they aren't right. In the middle is The Flash from The Lawless League of Earth-A. It all started with the words "Say, you..."

And last is a scope combining Tomato's Male Suit with Pulp Versatile. It's supposed to be Brigadier General Theodore Marley Brooks, AKA Ham. Some references give him white hair, although the spot illustrations by (I think) Paul Orban it looks black. I seem to remember references to a moustache, too, although Orban doesn't show it.

Amazo Version 2.2

:P a mustachiod flash, that is sweet, and for the iron skull, maybe skoping tomatos male suit mesh onto it would make the pants work better for you

daglob

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on August 08, 2013, 01:57:43 PM
:P a mustachiod flash, that is sweet, and for the iron skull, maybe skoping tomatos male suit mesh onto it would make the pants work better for you

Transferring it to another mesh would be nice, but The Iron Skull has no nose (this is Morph transplanted to PV). I'm also probably going to scope some buggy eyes on this mesh. if Tomato were to release "Male Suit Nonose Bugeyes", however...

Now, for something not all that different:

These are the Green Lantern and Superman from Earth-A. Still to come, The Atom, Martian Manhunter, and Batman.

Cyber Burn

As always, your facial work is superb. I can honestly say that I cannot wait until you preview the rest of the group.

laughing paradox

Great to see Miss Thing and the other FF characters being created! Medusa mesh looks good.. I might consider her later on. I like your F4 take on Wolverine, too.

The female character you dubbed The Princess looks great.. her costume design is pretty cool.