Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigD

I agree with you on what you said Laughing Paradox (LP) ^_^, I also like the Fantastic Four take on Wolverine as well along with the other meshes and above all the female character dubbed The Princess is pretty sweet and awesome :lol:. Just like LP said, her costume design is pretty cool yet superior :D. I'll see if I can get any of the new ones that are already out :o, and above all I'll be waiting for the ones that are being made to come to us so that we can download them all in a mad dash download frenzy :). One more thing, I do especially like the Earth-A versions of Superman and Green Lantern and they both look cool or should I say in the words of Artie Johnson himself from the classic TV show Laugh In and I quote "Very interesting." ^_^. Keep up the good work, and I do hope that these newcomers will please all the fans of :ff: out there and everywhere. Keep up the good work, and I'll see you all later ;).

BigD
:cool:

daglob

Here is the rest of The Lawless League of Earth-A. I may still have to do the Earth-1 Johnny Thunder...

And here is something I've been working on:

BigD

Your Earth-A versions of Martian Manhunter, The Atom and Batman are so cool and yet interesting :thumbup:. Above all, about the latest creation which you said about and I quote "And here is something I've been working on:" but I think he's the most interesting character of all time :). Well whoever this is that you're working on daglob, I really like the way he looks and above all I so totally love the outfit that he is wearing that goes with the hat on his head he is wearing which almost makes him look like the ultimate hunter and the king of beasts of all time ^_^. Anyways daglob, I really like The Lawless League Earth-A characters, along with your character that looks like the ultimate hunter of all time and they are all super amazing :D. Keep up the good work daglob, and I do hope that you will bring us more to enjoy from the weird and yet wacky world of Character Obscura :lol:. Peace out, and I'll see you later ;).

Bigd

hoss20

Is that skin on the Interloper skope Cyber was working on? I have to say, with all of the awesome stuff that you've done over the years, that skin is right at the top of the list. Absolutely fantastic. It's a great looking skope, as well. Great job.

BigD

Oh yeah :lol:, that's who it was and furthermore I didn't know that it was Interloper because I couldn't figure it out for myself and above all I couldn't make heads or tails of that certain character ^_^. It's still cool though with the skin on it, and above all I really like it one way or another :).

BigD

Cyber Burn

The Lawless League looks great, but the Interloper...WoW!!! That is probably one of your best skins to date, excellent work on the details.

Artemis

The detail on interloper is insanely well done. Fantastic work!

Amazo Version 2.2

one o fthe things that sets you apart from the other skinners is that you do skins that noone else will do, its what makes you such an asset to freedom reborn. and that interloper is astonishing, like cyber said, probably one of your best skins ever
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

Thank you all. I really don't know what else to say.

This character is someone I found while looking for reference on Amazo.

So, if this is a female Super-Adaptoid, what happens when she meets Amazo-Amazo? Do they short circuit (copying copied powers), or do we hear "Strangers In The Night" playing?

AfghanAnt

Well I never thought I would see Counter-Earth Super-Adaptiod aka Amazo-Maxi-Woman ever.

captainawesome

I'm not certain about Super-Adaptoid vs. Amazo, but I imagine nothing would happen. In Uncanny X-Men #29 the Super-Adaptoid met the Mimic, and neither of them could duplicate the other's powers (Mimic was already using the X-Men's powers, while Super-Adaptiod was using some of the Avenger's powers, and they could copy those from the other). From that, I'd assume that Amazo would meet similar results.

daglob

Here in the middle is Amazo Maxi-Woman just about finished. I've seen very few pics of her, but one or two look like she has bangs, so I have to figure out if I'm going to scope some on. Right now, she is a hexed TFV mesh, not a scope. On the right is Medusa from her first appearence in FF #36. This is a scope combining Bearded's Medusa and Female Bald. On the left is The Beyonder. I vaguely remember him doing this. Like Amazo Maxi-Woman, I found this while looking for reference on Amazo.

Does anyone know if there is a Klaw mesh that has he sonic gun as a separate piece? Bobby69's is the one I have, and it's part of the basic mesh and not removable. I kinda pieced on together here.

Then there's this:

This ugly sucker is Super Duper, an android who is a cut-rate Amazo. I can't get the head right, but you can get the idea.

Anyone want to try to put Wonder Woman's head on a TV Fixed body?

Amazo Version 2.2

the beyonder looks seriously sweet, as for another version of the klaw, did tommyboy have one somewhere, or am i mistaken
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

I can't seem to find another Klaw on any of my disks, which means nothing.

Anyway, here I am, needing to release stuff (I could have finished up Bat Hulk), and yet I work on new skins:

To the left is a Starlin-Inspired version of OMAC from Kamandi 60 or 61 (It appeared in Cancelled Comics Cavalcade), in the middle is a KF swap which I'm trying out as Snapper Carr (the face is not mine; just got a wireframe for it), and on the right is The Smasher, an opponent of Shag. I don't know why I think he's green; the only copy of the story I've ever seen is in black and white. Now I've just got to put spikes on his shoulder torus'.

As I said, Amazonia is back in the works:

I had wanted to keep the Ink mesh, but the lack of apporpriate keyframes made me decide to move it to a Grenedier model. Looking at it makes me wish Gren had done us a Wonder Woman also. I know her pants look funny; this is the same WIP skin that I had on The Black Queen. The alignment is a little weird, so I'm going through and changing things as I finish the skin.

Amazo Version 2.2

i am really impresseed with omac, i am always blown away with your facial work

BigD

So far so good daglob :D, I really like the following creations such as the Starlin-Inspired version of Omac himself from Kamandi 60 or 61, The Smasher, Amazo Maxi Woman, FF #36 Medusa and that interesting yet custom made Klaw is so cool which I really like very much. I do hope that you will bring us more interesting yet weird and wacky characters along with some good ones from the world of Character Obscura daglob, and I do hope that you will keep up the good work one way or another. Peace out everyone especially you daglob, and I will CUL8TR ;).

BigD

windblown

Podmark

Cool stuff. I especially like the Amazonia.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Seems as though my Bumpy Thing skin doesn't work properly, so I'll have to work on it. Meanwhile, I'm working on a Bumpy Cap skin (which may be released with Captain Ecology and Adaptoid skins):

It's still using Tommy's bumpmap.

Then there's this:

It's a design by Jack Kirby, purportedly for Captain America, but neither Jack nor Stan could recall why it was done. It puts me more in the mind of Private Strong or The Fighting American. No shield, see?

laughing paradox

I know your Amazonia Wonder Woman has been a long time coming, and she looks great.

I like the design of that second Captain America.

The first Cap image looks really awesome with the bumpmap.

Amazo Version 2.2

great skins daglob, always impressive. as for a klaw mesh, it's a male basic type mesh so I don't know if it would be useful for you or not, but gren's most recent grim reaper mesh can have the scythe skoped off, leaving a mesh that almost looks similar to klaw

daglob

That version of The Beyonder looked more like "male heavy", which is why I went to the THV mesh, since just about all the parts were already there.

I got Caps bumpmap working (apparently the map only works on the standard skin), touched up the second cap, released Amazonia Wonder Woman, and started on this:

The goggles are wrong, and I may use a different hood, but he's coming along well.

Amazo Version 2.2

you sir, are truly the master of the obscure. i'd say that the majority of characters you post i have never heard of or seen before

BentonGrey

Hey DG, you've done some really cool stuff since the last time I dropped in!  I see a bunch of crazy looking guys, excellently done, as always, but I have to ask, who in the heck is brawny, Beorning-Gandalf there?

I love that Omac, nice, clean, and looking like he stepped off of the comic page.  That Amazonia is really neat too.

I like that random Kirby design, though the King messed up by not giving him blue leggings as well as a blue suit.  The black/gray doesn't quite match up.  You've rendered it beautifully, though.

Ha, this last is s a very obscure character indeed, but interestingly enough, I JUST read a FF story with Reed Richards wearing that costume.  You've done a great job with him, too.  I think the cowl is right, but the belt is perfect.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

I started The Invincible Man because I came across a scan of his first appearance, which I read 'way back when it came out. It seems as though a couple of other people have put on this suit since.

daglob

Bearded got me to thinking and re-visiting some of my old skins, and I decided that they stank. So, in the middle we have Kid Marvelman, and going to the left of the screen we have Marvelman, Miracleman, and Bizarro Marvelman. Going to the right, we have Miraclewoman 1950s, a version of The Adaptoid (before he was super) that I've seen someplace (pre-internet), but can't remember where, and the guy in the back is Captain Ecology. Back in the '70s you could get assorted t-shirts with a similar design, so...

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on September 12, 2013, 03:28:07 AM
Cool stuff. I like the Marvelman skins.

Agreed, those Marvelman skins are fantastic.

Also, is the Adaptoid on Tom's Bumpy" Mesh or his "Cap_America_New_Tf" Mesh?

Outcast

I like Kid Marvelman and Miracle Woman. But i also like the face work on Marvel Man. I think it has that classic look from the old comic days. Costume looks pretty solid work too. :)

daglob

Captain Adaptoid started his life on the bumpmapped mesh. Both he and Captain Ecology are now on the New TF mesh. Marvelman's face needs work, but it's something along the lines I was aiming for. Kid Miracleman is on a scope with particle emitters, which don't work quite right, but may do until someone who is better than I does another. Miraclewoman is on a scope of Yellow Lantern's Mary Marvel mesh.

And since once I get started I work a subject until it's dead:

In the center we have the Miracleman of Earth 3, along with his counterpart the adult John Bates, who may be called Marvelman. Behind Miracleman is Captain Miracle, and to the right of the screen is Miracleskrull.

All are WIP...