Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Ohh man, check out all this awesome stuff!  I love your Az-bat and Hawkgirl.  Both of those are really nice.  The Blue Flame looks pretty great too.  Nice skope!

Haha, Vorelliwisteau is right.  Aquaman is definitely your fourth member.  It's really either him or the Flash!  Wonder Woman translates surprisingly well to The Incredibles.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

No way! Robin should be number 4. :) Great concept and execution.

docdelorean88

Oops! ill take credit for sending him that link! XD
I just noticed though, I didnt even realize that the lamp in the background of that pic was Plastic man!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on October 16, 2013, 12:06:46 AM
No way! Robin should be number 4. :) Great concept and execution.

I hadn't even thought about Robin, way to think outside the box. I think I change my vote to Robin now.  :thumbup:

daglob

Well, those who wanted Robin get their wish, although I was pondering more about the fourth member of the F4. The drawings of Plas, The Flash, J'onn, Freakazoid, and GL allow for the inclusion of other characters.

Of course, you realize, that The incredibles are basically The Fantastic Four in the first place.

The lady in the pic above is neither obscure nor unknown. However, getting that eagle on her chest has given me the way to get the Incredible and Fantastic WW's emblems fixed. I thought about scoping on some bracelest and stuff, but decided to just let it go with the lasso.

Wish Grenedier had done a dedicated mesh, though...

laughing paradox

Nice work on the Incredibles-inspired costumes. A Gren-WW would be amazing!

daglob

I tried putting a bird type thingie on the Fantastic WW's costume, but I never could get it to look right. I couldn't get anything that looked as good as Jack Kirby's original design. Incredible WW's emblem looks much better.

In front are a Fantastic Robin, an Incredible Robin, and something I don't think anyone has done before: Robin as a Green Lantern.

I've also updated the list of groups in the first post in this thread. Hopefully, I'll update the list of characters soon.

daglob

On the left is my scope and Copper Age's skin. This is Pow Girl, the wife of The Web. This is closer to the hairstyle as it is depcited in the comic, but still isn't right. Tommy's jewel bracelets and his bubble belts would go far to add accuracy to the figure, but I wonder if it's worth the effort for a character that only one or two other people besides me even knows about.

In the middle is my adaptation of the pulp version of The Black Hood. He had a short (maybe three issue) run in the pulps. The belt buckle needs to be changed.

On the right is Cyber Burn's scope of The Green Sorceress. Another character few know about, but I like the her. Cyber's scope is fantastic.

Then there is this.:

Yes, that's the beginning of Bizarro Captain America.

Cyber Burn

You give me far more credit than I deserve my friend. But I am very glad the skope worked out for you.

Bizarro Captain America...Great concept, and it looks good too.

spydermann93

Kenn

Quote from: daglob on November 06, 2013, 10:18:40 PM
On the left is my scope and Copper Age's skin. This is Pow Girl, the wife of The Web. This is closer to the hairstyle as it is depcited in the comic, but still isn't right. Tommy's jewel bracelets and his bubble belts would go far to add accuracy to the figure, but I wonder if it's worth the effort for a character that only one or two other people besides me even knows about.

Okay, there's you and me, who's the possible third?

On the right is Cyber Burn's scope of The Green Sorceress. Another character few know about, but I like the her. Cyber's scope is fantastic.

Who doesn't know the arch-nemesis of the original Blue Bolt?

Nice work.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on November 07, 2013, 04:28:46 AM

Okay, there's you and me, who's the possible third?

JKC and/or Death's Jester, maybe...

daglob

A little WIP and something else:

on the left is a WIP on Cyber Burn's Rocket Racer scope, and on the right is Vigilante's Rocket Racer skin on CB's Skateboarder scope.

I got stuck trying to match the things on his forearms to the "knuckles". I haven't given up, I just went on to something else. If yahoo dver lets em upload a bunch of skins, I think I'll go back to it.

Cyber Burn

I have to say that I honestly didn't think that anyone would take this up when I first started the skope, I'm really glad you did because these look great. I just wish I could adjust the animations for the skope though, make them more "Skateboard" like.

Podmark

Those are great! Awesome work on that Rocket Racer skin, I'm really happy CB's skope found a skin.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

oh wow!those are great! i never got around to getting that male_skateboarder, maybe i should, and give El Guapo a try

AfghanAnt

I really like the way you do gold textures. They look great.

daglob

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 14, 2013, 11:33:24 AM
I really like the way you do gold textures. They look great.

Just a little dodge and burn, that's all.

daglob

I thought for sure that Kenn X had done this version of Catwoman, but I couldn't find her.

The X-Mas Men. The belt buckle is giving me trouble. I may just spin it around.

daglob

...for some seasonal silliness:

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread.

I started with my Leeloo scope, so she still has Milla Jovanovitch's face. The silver lines wouldn't show up in the earlier versions, but now it looks like I've gone too far. Now I just have to do a handle transplant and increase her size...

spydermann93

laughing paradox

The Christmas skins look great. Iceman looks perfect.

Who is the female skin on the bottom of that post? The work in it looks incredible.. I love it.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: laughing paradox on November 30, 2013, 08:31:54 PM
The Christmas skins look great. Iceman looks perfect.

Who is the female skin on the bottom of that post? The work in it looks incredible.. I love it.

Agreed on all accounts.

detourne_me

windblown

Podmark

I've got to echo Windblown, the Iceman snowman made me laugh. Great choice. Good job on these festive skins.

I'm really impressed with the last skin though. Matching up all those lines can't have been easy.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

The woman in the blue and silver unitard is Ginormica from "Monsters vs. Aliens". I tried giving her Reese Witherspoon's face, but it didn't work. Touched up the reflections on the suit and they show up a little better. And the lines don't all line up, but aren't too bad. I used the path tool, stroked then, copied the layer the lines were on, flipped it and moved it to the other side. Still playing with custom reflection files-the lines are black in the Female tga, but gray in the Female_Refl. Discoverd that she already had a Handle node, so she is now five times taller than a normal VX Female mesh. I know she is supposed to be fifty feet tall, and this would work out to be someplace between 25 and 30 feet, but any taller and she doesn't fit and is hard to see.

The guy on the right is part of an idea for a set of skins. In the first appearance of Brain Wave, the girlfriends and so forth of the JSA all dressed up as their significant other. I know there are a crossgender Specter and a female DR. Fate already, but was working on the other members. Wonder Woman didn't have a male conterpart, so here is Steve Trevor as Wonder Warrior (which was a character from a much later comic). On the left is the start of a request. He just looked so silly.

BigD

Your latest creations in the form of the holiday version based heroes that we know from our favorite heroes of today are cool, especially Ginormica aka Susan from both the movie and the animated series known as MONSTERS VS. ALIENS if I'm not mistaken. I do especially like Wonder Warrior very much, and above all since my recent yet frequent visits to FREEDOM REBORN I've been viewing recent entries about someone by the name of Bearded who was talking about this SPIDER-MAN related character that was probably requesting a certain character or talk about that character that I never heard about who goes by the name of SPIDER HERO which he was talking about in the Requests for skins and meshes section recently in the past or so. If you don't believe me on this one for sure, I have the link for all of you to look at so I can prove it to all of you one way or another and here it is right after this bit of text. :verf (LINK TO WHAT I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU ABOUT THAT WAS RELATED TO SPIDER HERO: http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=56642.0) :verf. Anyways, about SPIDER HERO in the preview picture that I just looked at who is standing on the left beside Wonder Warrior he looks very good and if he gets released along with being up for grabs in the form of download I may probably download him along with researching him on what powers and abilities he has and maybe use him for some action in the DANGER ROOM on my own personal copy of :ff: that I play as usual. In closing daglob, great job and further so far so good plus I do hope that you get these latest creations squared away and get them all ready for us to download and play with as soon as you release them all to us. Until we meet again, check ya later ;).

BigD
:cool:

P.S. I do apologize for the long extended length of this comment/message, and I do hope that you can forgive me on this one depending on your mood and your comments.

vorelliwiseau

Holy crap, Spider-Hero! I remember someone requesting that on my first week here. Never thought I'd see it for reals.

Great job, daglob! Nice work aligning the lettering, too.