Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Somehow, I lost a couple of images.

Anyway, here are a couple of girls waiting around looking for trouble. One is a skin for Johnny Patches Harpy that I've never finished (and I really need to see if this is the myth or a character I'm not familiar with), and the other is the present state of Cyber Burn's Armored GL scope. It's a pleasure working with such excellent material.

Cyber Burn

Both great Skins. JP was such a groundbreaker with his Skoping, I would love to see what he has hidden on his Computer. I'll send you an updated version this week for Armor Girl.

SickAlice

I am in love with the one on the right. The Harpy's feet make me all sorts of happy as well. I love it anyone pulls off fingers or toes since they're my bane.

I believe The Tick you mentioned is an old universal part, at least the antenna. I use the same antennas on mine with a scuplted head (more lima bean shaped with cartoon teeth and eyes).
I think...don't quote me but someone made that a long time ago in a galaxy far away and it was either for one of the first Quakes or Unreal Tournament. I chatted with them when they released it but you know, the more years you gain the less memory. The model may even date back further than that but I guess the point is it's classic and PD. Unless the person who did yours somehow (real plausible even) did a spot on sculpt that looked exactly like those old antenna. A bit of trivia anyways, you could probably find the original floating around the web somewhere (or I could get off my lazy butt and look at who I credited in the read me on my hard drive). I'll get on mine soon, feeling a bit stronger now. I have a few kinks to iron out in the minor cast members, Rubber Ducky at the moment.

daglob

Our Freedom Force members as various colors of Lantrern.

I FINALLY got Franky's nose squashed up between his eyes. Unfortunatley, I have no idea what I did different this time than the other three. Next to Big Frank is Celcius from the second incarnation of The Doom Patrol. There is already a fine skin for her, but I decided to do a little updating on the character. This is the same scope I used for Supergirl Loincloth, and she has much better hand gestures for ranged attacks. The yellow edge of the loincloth is a challenge.

BentonGrey

Wow, that is a really fine batch of skins and skopes, DG!  I love the FF Lanterns.  How neat! 

Those two ladies at the top, though, they are something special!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

AfghanAnt

spydermann93

I'm really loving the lanterns and the Harpy!

They look fantastic!

daglob

Many thanks.

Tempest already has a couple of skins, but they date from before versatile meshes and scoping, so I decided to update him while i was working on Celcius.

The thing is, something is wrong with the shoulder flaps; they read from the whole texture instead of the upper rh corner. Perhaps all the TV meshes I have in FF1 do this, but I'd never noticed (Hawkeye does).

John Jr.

Great work with the Bizarros, DG! Your colors and highlights are impressive.
And I agree with Benton and CB about the rusty Cyborg, very creative and well done.

daglob

And back to some obscure characters. On the left is The Owl from The Funny Pages #1 (1940), a one-hit wonder from Centaur Comics. The original doesn't have wings, but a kind of poncho/cloak that covers his hands completely. On the right is NOT Mardi-Gras Superboy, but Jimmy Olsen in the street clothes of Dorth, a planet of another solar system where terrans have super powers. Interesting to note that it is the same colors as Jimmy's second Elastic Lad outfit (the first was green on green).

In the middle is a work in progress of an Atlantean Commander for the DC Atlantis. Now you know why there were no orange shirt sodiers in the first batch.

Cyber Burn

Very nice work on the Scale Mail, and the Owl is very amusing.

Podmark

Some very nice stuff here. My personal highlights are the armored GL, Frankenstein and the Atlantean Commander.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

That Atlantean Commander is very cool!

daglob

In the back we have two WIPs of the Marvel Atlantean army, one a flagbearer, the other a commander. I may change the flag; it is the symbol on Namor's vehicles in FF Annual #1.

In the front is a mesh by Yellow Lantern, depicing a Thunderer of Qward.

Cyber Burn

Those Atlanteans are just beautiful!  :wub:

Is this a new Mesh by YL? I don't think I've seen it before.

yell0w_lantern

It's an old mesh for a mod I was working on a couple of years ago.
Yellow Lantern smash!

BentonGrey

Man, those Atlantians are SUPER cool!  I love the octopus breastplate.  That's a really nice detail.  What meshes are they on?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

daglob

The Atlanteans are on scopes by Cyber Burn, to go with the other Atlantean soldier scopes he did. I intend to finish them up this weekend and send them to CB so he can release them. This is subject to being changed and no one notifying me ahead of time (my family is good at that).

My Black Lantern version of The Thunderers.

daglob

First up, a version of OMAC I had never seen before:

The guy below is a mutated Qwardian clone, designed to weild a power ring that uses a black (or gray or bluish) light. The woman is a female Qwardian. I have no idea who she is; I found a single two-page spread with her and an army of anti-Green Lanterns opposing Hal Jordan. She seemed to be in charge.

This was printed at a time I wasn't reading GL, and I don't seem to have an electronic copy.

Cyber Burn

The Black Lantern is just pure awesome!

And those Qwardians, I hate to say it, but they are just kind of creepy.

ShortFuse

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 07, 2014, 04:51:26 AM

Yes, reminds me of Earthworm Jim.

BentonGrey

Ohh, I like the Black Lantern Thunderers!
God Bless

AfghanAnt

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 07, 2014, 04:51:26 AM

EXACTLY!

Then there are these guys:

In the foreground is one of Captain Battle's foes, Baron Doom (no relation). I've found a pic with a different mask; the one I based this version on kind of looks like they wanted to make it a wolf's head, but that might look a little too much like Skywolf. Anyway, I'm going for the high, wide, pointy mask and purple-er suit. In the back are version of The Hangman from the golden age (on the left of the screen) and the silver age. Thanks to Sick Alice for the collar. Copper Age has already done an excellent skin, but it didn't go on a mesh with that crazy collar.

daglob

For some reason, we have a Misty Knight but not a Colleen Wing. So...

This is based on a version depicted in one of the Handbooks. There are some problems inherent with the mesh, but she doesn't look too bad. I may still get her on B69's female ninja eventually.

SickAlice

They all look good. And welcome, just a triangle so no sweat. I really really like the Qwardians but I sort of have a thing for meshes with big googly eyes.

daglob

Yeah, every once in a while I think about doing the Quardian versions of The Conglomerate and the CSA...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on May 14, 2014, 11:58:36 PM
Yeah, every once in a while I think about doing the Quardian versions of The Conglomerate and the CSA...

Tease.

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 15, 2014, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: daglob on May 14, 2014, 11:58:36 PM

Tease.

No, this is a tease:

I'll probably go with a different body for Superwoman, but other than a few little things here and there...