Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Webbing is relatively easy if you use the "paths" function in Photoshop (and most graphic programs have somethign similar; I know that Coreldraw/Photo-Paint do). But remember that I did say "relatively". I've put down asphalt during August in Mobile, Alabama ("Like being wrapped in a warm, wet blanket"), so I may have a slightly skewed idea of "difficult".

And my computer doesn't like the Alpha channel, or you would see that the three spider-laidies have underarm webbing instead of solid glider wings.

So, here is Madame Rogue with Katherine Zeta-Jones' face. Jacquiline Pierce is nice, but she really needs someone a little more evil.

These are Zamarro (an Italian super-heroe) and The Black Flame, an opponent of Supergirl. This is the third version of her I've done, and never released any of them. I am just not pleased with any of them, although this one is closer.

It's not like I don't have enought to do already, but here is The Metal Master from The Hulk. It combines Male Card Surfer with Male Basic Teen Tall.

spydermann93

:o

IT'S METAL MASTER!!! THREE CHEERS FOR DAGLOB!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

daglob

Here is a little work on Windblown's Plastic Woman scope:

Ultrawoman (from an old "What If"?) and Elasti-Girl are both on the same scope, something which I will eventually change. I want to do Inque with a really bright blue high/reflection, but the reflections don't seem to be working.

daglob

Okay, for fun we have Radiant and Killaine from The I-Bots (a series that I liked, at least for the few issues I saw), and in the middle we have The Black Widow. This one is an old Blackhawk villain. This is pretty much the way she was depicted, but I will probably do a second version with sheer stockings (or fishnets?) and a black lining to the cape.

windblown

Looking great. I love Elasti-Girl and M.Rogue with the Catherine Zeta Jones face.

detourne_me

You're a machine like always Daglob!

I really like the work you've been doing with that plastic woman mesh too!

laughing paradox

So glad you could complete the Incredibles in such a great way!

John Jr.

They're all great, but Metal Master and "Zeta Rouge" are the best ones.
Great work!

daglob

Thanks!

I still intend to do an "early" version of Elasti-Girl.

Now there is this:

Thanks to Sick Alice we now have another version of the Timely Black Widow. I'm guessing that, other than her appearence, she is pretty much the same. I can find few references to this particular version (usually mentioning that Mike sekowsky drew it), but no real info.

SickAlice

Nice. Thanks to Ink more I think or wherever the fullhair came from first (an old 3d share site I think, 3dtotal?). I just stretched and distorted it and gave it a new texture assignment.

daglob

Thaks to all who congradulated me on my being hosted at Freedom Fortress. It's an honor to be accepted into such company.

laughing paradox

I just saw that, DaGlob! Glad your great work is being shown on such a great site!

Cyber Burn

How did I miss these last bunch of posts, these are great Daglob, a proper Elastigirl, yay!  :thumbup:

martialstorm

Your already fantastic work continues to improve Daglob, I especially love Elastigirl  :wub:

daglob

On the left is a Steve Ditko character named Gemini from an unrealized magazine conceptulaized by Jack Kirby (the sparkle effect is simulated). On the right we have a more correct version of The Owl. Used Gren's Batman with capes based on Johnny Patches' Seth. Finally realized that the "eyes" aren't  lenses-just a pattern on the mask. Need to fix that on Owl Girl...

In the middle is Baroness Blood, the arch enemy of The Black Angel. Angel has been done, but I wonder about giving her an upgrade...

Cyber Burn

I always love seeing these old-school one hit wonders.  :D

daglob

This isn't anywhere near finished, but I wanted everyone to look at Sick Alice's scope:

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on September 04, 2014, 10:58:43 PM
This isn't anywhere near finished, but I wanted everyone to look at Sick Alice's scope:

That is soooo cool! :o :thumbup:

windblown

Podmark

He has 4 arms! With guns! I'm impressed you guys got that to work.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

Alice did it; I just colored it.

Almost done:

Podmark

Good job with lines on the arms. Those look like they could have been tricky. Could use some reflection though.
Also I really like the shirt, I'm not sure if those lines were difficult but effect seems very real in the picture.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Nice work! I definitely recognize the character,  I just can't quite remember where he's from... a Wildcats villain?

ShortFuse

Quote from: detourne_me on September 09, 2014, 06:10:22 PM
Nice work! I definitely recognize the character,  I just can't quite remember where he's from... a Wildcats villain?

It's Stryker from Cyberforce. One of the good guys. At least he was when I read it last.

murs47

John Jr.

Impressive work, Daglob and Sick Alice. You have an impressive team work and the skope and skin are just great.
Congrats!

daglob

There are reflections on the arms, at least now there are (I don't remember if that texture was done when I posted this picture). I don't thinkI'll add a pony tail.

Thinking about Halloween:

Thought about doing a bunch of orange and black costumes for several heroes, but that might be a little boring (I don't remember being bored by all the green and red Christmas costumes, though) or maybe doing heroes wearing thier own version of someone else's costume (got an idea for Batman in a Spider-Man costume-not like the Bruce Wayne-Spiderman I've already done). I may do The Scarlet Witch in black and orange anyway, just because I think it would look good.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on September 10, 2014, 10:53:21 PM
Thinking about Halloween:

Thought about doing a bunch of orange and black costumes for several heroes, but that might be a little boring (I don't remember being bored by all the green and red Christmas costumes, though) or maybe doing heroes wearing thier own version of someone else's costume (got an idea for Batman in a Spider-Man costume-not like the Bruce Wayne-Spiderman I've already done). I may do The Scarlet Witch in black and orange anyway, just because I think it would look good.

The orange and black Superman looks pretty cool, and I'm always a sucker for alternate Skins, so I could really dig the Halloween theme.

SickAlice

Love that black and orange Superman. Halloween variation...hmmm. I know from time to time characters are depicted wearing Halloween costumes. Maybe do something there? I've wanted for some time, maybe as early as when  :ff: was out, to do replica's of these collectors cards by Fleer where some of the X-Men where dressed in Halloween costumes (Rogue was a succubus, Beast was a pirate, Iceman was a snowman and so on). I'm already working on something really big for this year though so I have to leave those on the table. But anyways the whole taking known characters and putting them in traditional Halloween variations (Universal Monsters, Raggidy Ann & Andy, civil service uniforms, ect.) that best fit their character is basically what I'm getting at. Like Batman could Dracula, Wolverine the Wolfman, Iceman a fireman, just to state some obvious examples. You get the idea.