Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

Stryker is certainly a character I didn't expect to see in the game, but I'm very glad he is!

I have to agree with everyone else.. that black and orange Superman looks great. It's a good mix of colors.

daglob

Quote from: SickAlice on September 12, 2014, 09:07:10 AM
Love that black and orange Superman. Halloween variation...hmmm. I know from time to time characters are depicted wearing Halloween costumes. Maybe do something there? I've wanted for some time, maybe as early as when  :ff: was out, to do replica's of these collectors cards by Fleer where some of the X-Men where dressed in Halloween costumes (Rogue was a succubus, Beast was a pirate, Iceman was a snowman and so on). I'm already working on something really big for this year though so I have to leave those on the table. But anyways the whole taking known characters and putting them in traditional Halloween variations (Universal Monsters, Raggidy Ann & Andy, civil service uniforms, ect.) that best fit their character is basically what I'm getting at. Like Batman could Dracula, Wolverine the Wolfman, Iceman a fireman, just to state some obvious examples. You get the idea.

That might be interesting. My idea was that a character would make his own version of another character's costume and still have it be readily identifiable as the character. like the boots and bat-symbol on Superman. Or the Spider-Man costume Batman sports in this picture:

Wanda does look kinda neat in black and orange. We also have The Flash and Supergirl in Halloween colors. All are WIP, especially since I haven't figured out what to do with Batman's belt yet. The webbing also needs work.

Here is a WIP of Gabriel-Devil slayer, whom I understand has fallen on hard times of late. He's on Tomato's Male Suit.

Wonder what would happen if I made a kind of a content challenge; get people to make some kind of Halloween content (maps, skins, scopes, FX, whatever)? Any takers?

daglob

I have not given up, but for now I'll have to be satisfied with giving Deadpool a pumpkin face and Halloween colors. Next to him is Captain Halloween, then Halloween Woman, and lastly The Green Pumpkin.

On the left are two Golden Age villains, Mastermind and The Mummy. Both fought Lash Lightning. Next is an alternate Vampirella costume that I got from an ad for The Second Coming. Tried to make her some bangs in Blender, but it kicked my heinie. Although... I think it may have actually given me what I needed (instead of what I asked for), but I'll have the wait until I get home to find out.

Lastly is the original Barnabas Collins. These are all works in progress.

Podmark

And now I feel like trick or treating. Nice skins and a neat idea.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

daglob

Ewwzy did the mesh/scope on the left. It's a special request made by Artemis; Shadow with Tombstone's animations and weapons. I asked for a copy when he did it, and he sent it to me (don't know if it was posted otherwise). Here is what I was planning on: Lady Tombstone. There are problems with her feet, but I just recently saw a post where that was discussed.

Next to her is another Femme Fatale, Valkyrie from the old Airboy series.

BentonGrey

Nice work lately, DG!  I really like Gabriel.  I actually just recently read something with him....Fantastic Four, I think, and rather liked him, despite the poor story. 

I love Cap 'O Ween! 

Barnabas Collins!  He's look pretty nice.  I like the textures.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

A quick check of Ewzzy's page (something I couldn't do from home) and I see that he did release it. I may play with the feet some, but otherwise I can just release the skin.

daglob

daglob

Seems to me they look like cannon fodder from any decade.

These are the minions of the Black Widow-the one who opposed Blackhawk in the 1950s. They incorporate a base skin from just about every skinner who posted one.

spydermann93

That is really cool, DaGlob!

Can't wait to get those guys in the rumble room! :thumbup:

Also, will there be female variants, as well? Just curious :P

Cyber Burn

:eek2:

MORE CANNONFODDER!!! I LOVE IT!!!

These are fantastic!

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on October 04, 2014, 06:12:52 PM
That is really cool, DaGlob!

Can't wait to get those guys in the rumble room! :thumbup:

Also, will there be female variants, as well? Just curious :P

I don't think so... The Black Widow probably wouldn't want any competition.

I did do some female generic minions to go with the old generic minions I did a long time ago. I just can't remember if I released them. Need to look into that.

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on October 04, 2014, 06:20:01 PMI don't think so... The Black Widow probably wouldn't want any competition.

Fair enough :P

The thing that I love the most about these guys is that you're using base skins from various skinners.  That's a really cool idea!

John Jr.

Your generic bad guys made me remember Batman's 66 villains, all of them had an army of bad dressed minions to fight for them.
Awesome work, Daglob, your idea to use different bases made them kinda of unique, even with the same costume.

daglob

Quote from: John Jr. on October 06, 2014, 12:18:51 AM
Your generic bad guys made me remember Batman's 66 villains, all of them had an army of bad dressed minions to fight for them.
Awesome work, Daglob, your idea to use different bases made them kinda of unique, even with the same costume.

I already did some Batman '66 thugs; posers, stiffs, cat-burglars, eggmen...

They are in CO2, I believe.

On the left is my avatar in Halloween colors, followed by one of the most evil characters in comics; Shapeshifter. Next to her is Vampirella in an alternate costume (with bangs, this time), and on the far right is Ms. Marvel II (I think), aka She-Thing.

All works in progress...

Cyber Burn

So the gauntlet has been thrown in the Halloween Challenge...Nice!

SickAlice

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on October 07, 2014, 08:20:17 PM
Love me some She-Thing!

I have to say, I actually preferred her as "Ms. Marvel II". Back then, I thought her Costume was fantastic, and I was really disappointed with Marvel for turning her into a "She-Thing".

AfghanAnt

Can't believe you did Shapeshifter from Elementals.

daglob

I intend to do two versions of Shape Shifter; one from The Elemental s and one from "Death Duel With The Destroyers". The second version will be on the same scope as Ultrawoman from What If.

Ms. Marvel/She-Thing is courtesy Sick Alice.

BentonGrey

Ohh man, that is a whole PASSEL of minions, DG!  That is an awesome amount of variety! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

On the left is Eric, who looks a little more dynamic than he should (I need a male basic sized mesh). I decided to do him when I was working on The Master Key and realized that a TV mesh had all the parts to make The Phantom of the Opera. I hope to finish him by Halloween.

On the right is my skin for Crimson Quill's Black Widow. I don't know if I'll keep Scarlet Johanssen's face, and not fond of the way the belt looks (but you don't really know until you see it in CTool).

daglob

Here is Ultrawoman from a "What If" where each of the FF had different powers, and the Shape-shifter from the V&V module "Death Duel with the Destroyers".

Ultrawoman is a seriously kitbashed version of the skin I did for the character years ago. I though about doing a new one, but this one matches the skins I did for Ben, Johnny and Reed. Shape-Shifter does, of course, use the same PSD file as the one from the comics.

Cyber Burn

I'm not familiar with Shape-shifter, but both Skins look great.

crimsonquill

Quote from: daglob on October 11, 2014, 05:59:27 PM
On the right is my skin for Crimson Quill's Black Widow. I don't know if I'll keep Scarlet Johanssen's face, and not fond of the way the belt looks (but you don't really know until you see it in CTool).

Pretty nice looking skin for my Black Widow skope there, Glob.  :thumbup: I was hoping you might have some Scarlet influence in your design and was very surprised you took a shot at using her likeness.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

daglob

Just to let CQ know that I haven't forgotten him:

Some things aren't working (like the places where the straps attach), but it's coming along.

crimsonquill

Quote from: daglob on October 18, 2014, 07:59:31 PM
Just to let CQ know that I haven't forgotten him:

Some things aren't working (like the places where the straps attach), but it's coming along.

:thumbup: WOW! Looking great so far.. doing great adapting my design there daglob!
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."