Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Excellent job on those Football Players. Such vibrant colors.  :thumbup:

murs47

jevian2000

THat FranKie Raye and Her are well done. Beautiful as well.  I especially like the before and after Frankie Raye- with her fire powers and normal.

jeff

daglob

Thanks!

Only one of these is really a work in progress. The guy on the left is Superiorman, an opponent of Kid Adonis. Superiorman is a satirical character created by Jack Kirby, and yes, it was THAT Jack Kirby.

The guy on the right isn't obscure, but this representation is the earliest skin I think I ever did that I can stand to look at. It's paionted over a C6 skin, but I'm reasonably sure that all the art visible (with the possible exception of he eyes) is mine. I've been thinking of re-doing the clothes on this one, but otherwise, I think it has help up quite well.

daglob

The Motion Picture Phantom still has Steve Holland's face, but is just about finished. Whoever came up with that patterend jumpsuit was out of their mind. I got tired of it rather quickly and simplified it A LOT. The other guy is Playback from Spiderman 2099. There are a few problems with the scope, since it's a cross between Tomato's Male Fullmask and male Symbiot, but they don't seem to look too bad in Ctool.

Podmark

Wow that Phantom looks complicated! Nice job on the Spider.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Yikes! Phantom looks like he took you a while to do, but I liked how it turned out. Lots of little details here and there.

And excuse me for not understanding this, but is the Hulk skin a redo of one of your old skins, or is it the old skin?  Either way, I think that the Jade Giant looks pretty darn good!

I can't say that I've heard too much (or anything, really) about Superiorman or Playback.  Playback reminds me of a cross between Scarlet Spider (Kaine) and your Bizzaro Spider-Man from a while back :P

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on April 10, 2015, 07:18:45 AM
Yikes! Phantom looks like he took you a while to do, but I liked how it turned out. Lots of little details here and there.

And excuse me for not understanding this, but is the Hulk skin a redo of one of your old skins, or is it the old skin?  Either way, I think that the Jade Giant looks pretty darn good!

I can't say that I've heard too much (or anything, really) about Superiorman or Playback.  Playback reminds me of a cross between Scarlet Spider (Kaine) and your Bizzaro Spider-Man from a while back :P

Superiorman is from a back-up strip in Harvey's Green Hornet comics. He had only one appearance. Playback is from Spiderman 2099, and seems to have the ability to duplicate the powers of various super-types. He encountered Spidey first so...

I got several pics of the Phantom costume, and the pattern on a couple look like skulls. So I did a master skull pattern using the shoulder skulls as a base. I kinda makes sense; the main purpose of camouflage is to break up your outline, and I guess the purple suit would be gray to most animals, thus the leaf patterns.

As I said, I simplified he thing a LOT.

I've sent the finished Phantom, who now has Billy Zane's face, to Alex.

laughing paradox

The details on The Phantom are insane! Very nice work.

windblown

Very nice, I especially like Phantom.

daglob

Well, who did you THINK I meant?

Anyway, this is Steed v2 and Emma v4. Her face is too dark for some reason; I keep lightening it and it seems to make no difference. Her eyebrows need work. I may stripe Steed's pants and tie.

WyldFyre

Looking good DaGlob. I think stripes would make a nice touch. 

Is Emma FFvtTR? If so the lighting fix in EZNifConverter may fix the darkness issue.
For Freedom!

Amazo Version 2.2

seriously sweet skins daglob! I used to love the tv show, but didn't care for the movie. seeing these is great. since you already have the solid suited steed, if you do a striped version, could i please request that you include the solid version as an alternate? that phantom skin is incredible, with all the details, it must have taken forever.

i don't want to threadjack, but, i'm looking to get my hands on your avatar skin. i have the glob that's at alex's site, and i'm waiting for deanjo2000 to release his version, but i can't find the one that's in your avatar pic. is there any way you could help me find it please?

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

Both of these are FF1. Emma is on Lady Blackhawk Gren with his Scarlet Witch's hair added and all the accessories hidden (not the gun in the hand; somehow Emma seemed to find a gun when she needed it). I haven't had this problem on the other two of three similar scopes I've done. Maybe I'll have to swap it out.

Steed's suit is actually a pale grayish-lavender to match the vest. However, once you get something in Photoshop you can alter the colors, light values, textures and everything (you can see where I moved up the pockets and didn't move the shadow, for instance; both are on separate layers). If I don't include a second version of Steed, I'll send you this skin. I intend to do Emma in a couple of her "emmapeelers" as well as this outfit. This is an all-new skin, not just a kitbash of one of the previous one.

Need to finish my Cybernauts.

And The Winged Avenger.

And the Positive/Negative Man.

And...

Sent Amazo a PM.

The Phantom is at Alex's now.

BentonGrey

I'm really impressed with the work on the movie Phantom, even if that costume was a bad choice in the film.  Your version looks great!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Thanks. Here's my interpretation of  another costume that was a bad choice, and a skin for Bearded's El Diablo:

I wish Grenadier had done a REAL Wonder Woman mesh before he went on hiatus.

daglob

The two figures in the back are both Flash Gordon from the 1950s TV series. They are scopes of Male Cape Clothes/Pants Baggy and Adam Strange. The face belongs to Steve Holland, who, among dozens of other heroes, posed for Doc Savage.

The guy in the middle is Transformer, from a Champions game I was in. Basically he is The Glob re-written. In game he was supposed to be another android, this one built by The Glob.

SickAlice

I'll have to revoke my nerd card but I'm to date unfamiliar with Flash. I finally saw that movie last year and I didn't understand it. I think it was more an experience than a yarn and possibly one needed to experience in it's time in order to appreciate it properly. Classy work on all the above though regardless of my unfamiliarity.

docdelorean88

The 50s flash gordon tv series is a MUCH better version than the movie, definitely worth the try if you can find it to watch
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

daglob

Wal-Mart had some in the dollar DVD bin a couple of years back.

On the far left is the nearly complete Spider Widow, and standing next to her is The Bronze Man. No, not Doc Savage, but an obscure Golden Age comic character. On the far right is Bombshell, the son of Mars, and to his right is Elastic Lass (C'mon, you knew Lois would have to drink the Elastic Lad serum given half a chance). In the middle is Sackglob.

Podmark

Those are all very nice, and I love Sackglob. Great to see that mesh being used.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Agreed, SackGlob is really cool. I would love to do that to my Avatar.

SickAlice

Big smile. Like this happening 0__________________________________________________________________________________________________________0

windblown

daglob

So, is it time for a Sack-Avatar challenge?

I used Alice's Sackboy skin for a base. Let's face it, he put all sorts of pieces in the mesh for us to use.

Cyber-Sack? Afghan Sack? Windsack? Podsack? Sack6? Detourn Sack?

Cyber Burn

If I had the time right now (Or the Skill), "Sacker Burn" would certainly make an appearance.  :D

spydermann93

All of these skins look great, Glob!

Especially SackGlob, hahaha! :lol:

daglob

Awhile back, Yellow Lantern and I did a Kirby Hulk. Now here is a Hulk from Issue #6, as illustrated by Steve Ditko:

Still a work in progress.

spydermann93

That is beautiful, DG!!!

GLOB BEST SKINNER THERE IS!!!