Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickAlice

Same on that face. You have that gift for getting the personality and soul into your stuff. Like one can sort of feel them looking back and saying hello.

daglob

The face is still a WIP, but it is basically a tracing of a Ditko face from the story. Right now both eyes are the same; one needs to be a little squinty.

But I thank you all for the compliments. Yellow Lantern also deserves credit for making such a wonderful mesh. Without the mashers and scopers, I wouldn't have anything to do.

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 03, 2015, 10:14:56 PM
That is beautiful, DG!!!

GLOB BEST SKINNER THERE IS!!!

Actually, while I appreciate the compliment, I can't agree. There are too may excellent skinners out there.

BentonGrey

The Hulk's face is good, but I just LOVE that Sackglob!  Ha, that is just awesome!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

Due to the generous help of Sick Alice, it looks like I have a suitable scope of Prize Comic's version of Frankenstein.

The one on the left of the screen is the earlier, super-villainous version, and the one of the right is the later horror version. We also have FF1 on the left and FFv3R on the right. And, since the source mesh can have a cape, I'll be doing a version of Blooperman.

Cyber Burn

Once again, I have to say that your face work is just fantastic, and I'm very glad to see that this was able to get worked out. I also love seeing the results of collaborations between our Content Creators. Nice job guys.

SickAlice

Sorry it took me a bit. House guests arriving as they always do when you get a new place and particularly when it's a prime fishing spot. I worked myself to the bone over the past days at both places though I'm pleased with how the shoreline looks at least. Also please with how your Frank looks. I always keep a Frankenstein in game, this will now be the one I use. And all credit goes to you here. I maybe pointed in the right direction but you did all the work here.

daglob

yeah, well, if Alice hadn't sent me a Blender file that he had already stripped of extras, I might never have gotten ol' Frankie done.

Now for two characters and four skins:

Starting on the left is K the Unknown (Doug Danville). He first appeared in Prize Comics #1, with no origin nor any explanation why the letter K was unknown. The character is Batman-inspired, but I have no idea where the idea for the costume came from. The next figure is The Black Owl (Doug Danville). He first appeared in Prize Comics #2. This version looked more like it was inspired by The Shadow or The Spider, although in action he is a LOT more like Batman than K was. No reason is given for the change in name or costume, although there also seem to be a change in the artist and writer. A few issues later, The Black Owl decided to ditch the business suit and go with spandex (the third skin). It was about this time that some kid named Kirby started drawing the series. The Character seldom looked better.

On the end and kind of in the back is Blooperman. Frankenstein wished that he had the same powers as Blooperman (you know who). He seems to magically get them, but he lost his normal (quite immense) strength. So, he wished himself back to what he considers normal. The man-eating plant is always greener...

Distorto

Awesome  :banghead:  :thumbup: I love frankenstein. It looks just like the comic!

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: SickAlice on June 04, 2015, 01:56:31 AM
Same on that face. You have that gift for getting the personality and soul into your stuff. Like one can sort of feel them looking back and saying hello.

i think this is an awesome way to express what you bring to the community. everything you do has such a personal touch, i've always enjoyed your work.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

daglob

Thank you all.

Now this:

Well, my life did stabilize a little over the holiday, so we now have a WIP of the 5th Doctor. I may see about scoping some cuffs on the jacket. In the middle is an incomplete version of the Bombshell Wonder Woman, and on the right is The Falcon, AK The Press Guardian. I guess he's kinda like The Shadow of Wall Street (Look him up).

Amazo Version 2.2

wow daglob, did you do something different with these skins? the colors on these are jusr so bright and vivid. while i don't know the doctor who characters, so i don't have a point of reference, your face work is always impressive.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Distorto

diggin the doctor, whens this stuff get released?

daglob

Distro: I'll finish it eventually and send it to Alex so he can post it on Freedom Fortress. Haven't worked on anything much this week except for:

On the left is The Chief from The Doom Patrol. In one issue Rita and Larry swapped powers, and Cliff was in for repairs, so when the AVM Man appeared, The Chief put on a Robotman exo-skeleton (just to mix things up even more. Sometimes I miss the '60s.). On the right is some jerk who calls himself Captain Hammer. Both need a bit more work.

BentonGrey

Haha, ohh man, that's great!  Captain Hammer!  That's a really nice photoskin, DG!  I love the Bombshell WW and the Robo-Chief.  Those are both tons of fun. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Podmark

Captain Hammer! You totally captured his face!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Klauser

Love the Captain Hammer.  Well done sir, well done!
:thumbup:

SickAlice

Your stuff always makes me smile.

WyldFyre

Ah the Silver Age.... where anything was possible.  I miss those days.  Great skins as always daglob. I must admit to not being familiar with Capt. Hammer, but I'm going to look him up. ^_^
For Freedom!

daglob

Once Captain Hammer is done, I'll have to figure out how to do Dr. Horrible (have a Vash (without hair), which might make a good start, but it's on the "Do Not Scope" list). Any suggestions?

Now to this:

I could have sworn I had a Deadpool for Male Hunter, but I couldn't find it. So I started my own (this was some time ago). I'm calling this version "Pulp Pool". Next to him is Nuclear Man, on a hex-edited Sentry mesh. The face needs work (found a pic of the actor with this delightful sneer), as does the hair, but it's coming along.

AfghanAnt

So glad to see Nuclear man. I love that guy.

spydermann93

Please tell me that he'll get a Radioactive Manicure!

BentonGrey

Ha, man, that is an excellent skin of a character who probably doesn't deserve such craftsmanship! :D
God Bless

martialstorm

Great 5th Doctor Daglob and that's an excellent Nuclear Man  :thumbup:

daglob

I haven't found anything to use for fingernails. As is, I was trying to make it easy to convert.

Now a little WIP and updated skin:

I finally go the skin tones to work on The Man With No Name, although I've just found a DVD version of the three movies and find that the mesh needs some work. In the middle is Captain Hammer with the Husky body from Tomato. Don't know if this one is better than the Football player or not. Lastly, I found a pouty sneering pic of Mark Pillow for Nuclearman. Now to just figure out how to make the first versin of him.

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on July 17, 2015, 09:31:34 PM
I haven't found anything to use for fingernails. As is, I was trying to make it easy to convert.

Gren's Fang has some nails.  How about them?

daglob

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 17, 2015, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: daglob on July 17, 2015, 09:31:34 PM

Gren's Fang has some nails.  How about them?

I'll look. Thanks!
Now this:

I was looking through a digital copy of Famous Monsters and came across an ad for back issues of Creepy. This made me try to think of how to do Uncle Creepy, and I concluded that it was beyond my abilities. However, then I thought of Cain... and I still don't have it exactly right, since I was working from memory, and trying to give him a late '60s, early '70s feel. Then, while reading "The League of Regrettable Heroes", I tried to remember if anyone has ever done Man Wolf. They have now.

deanjo2000

You continue to do some amazing things :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

Kenn

Stuff looking great as always, DaGlob!!
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

WyldFyre

For Freedom!