Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Hey, I remember him from the Brave and the Bold book!  He looks great DG! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

OrWolvie1

As always, DG, your work is fantastic. Love the attention to detail. Great job!  :D

Cyber Burn

Love the design, and great execution, buuut I don't know about Purple and Red.  :P  As always Daglob, you are the Master of Obscurity.

daglob

Hey, I didn't pick the colors.

So, here is a version of a character that has only been seen twice as far as I know: Multi-Man.

In the middle we have his "normal" form, before he drank the Liquid Light. His first change was to the energy form on the right. Liquid Light had the ability to give you a new set of powers every time you died, so, when face with capture, he committed suicide, and became the aquatic for on the left. Later, he had to die and become the flying form in the back (So, Resurrection Man wasn't an original idea after all). Making all his forms would be a lifelong hobby, so there will just be a couple or so more.

I'm not sure why his clothes grew scales and feathers.

OrWolvie1

Never heard of him but he looks good.

daglob

Well, here is Multiman in three of his incarnations:

Each time he is killed he comes back with new super powers. The green costume was the version he had incredible strength and invulnerability. The other two were from different comics.

Here he is in five more:

Here are Ice, Electricity and Fire forms, with a couple of others. In his smaller, big-headed version he has incredible intelligence, enough to build the robot Multi-Woman and an assortment of other devices intended to destroy the Challengers of the Unknown. I may do the molecularly disjointed version, but I can't do all the animal forms.

OrWolvie1

detourne_me

These are looking great! What a unique character idea. Do traits from some incarnations carry over to the next one?
How did he make the switch fron Ras Al Ghul hair to a big head?

daglob

Quote from: detourne_me on April 07, 2016, 08:43:23 AM
These are looking great! What a unique character idea. Do traits from some incarnations carry over to the next one?
How did he make the switch fron Ras Al Ghul hair to a big head?

There was an antidote that would remove his powers, but didn't remove the effect of the Liquid Light; he would still gain new powers the next time he was killed. Eventually, the antidote ran out, and the next time he was killed his main power was his intellect, which came with a twisted, dwarfish body and a big head. After this, he began to create devices to combat The Challengers. He also refined the Liquid Light to enable him to change forms at will. Each time he took a dose of LL he could gain new powers, whether he died or not. Eventually the antidote was duplicated, and his powers were removed. Why he kept returning to his big-headed version each time I don't know; it is never explained.

detourne_me

hehehe great stuff!  Man the hero file for him would be crazy,  like russian doll on top of russian doll on top of russian doll!

daglob

Quote from: detourne_me on April 07, 2016, 02:42:41 PM
hehehe great stuff!  Man the hero file for him would be crazy,  like russian doll on top of russian doll on top of russian doll!

If ever a character deserved "Russian Doll", this is the one.

Eventually, he lost all his powers, while somehow keeping them (that was in the Bronze Age), but he returned to his original form.

On top of growing feathers and scales on his clothes, he grew uniforms too. Ah, the Silver Age...

spydermann93

Wow! All of those elemental forms look fantastic, DG!!

I especially love the Fire and Electricity ones

BentonGrey

Neat!  I like his first set of looks.  They're cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

windblown

Great skins! And that seems to be a fun character.

daglob

Working on this for Bearded-In-Lair:

OrWolvie1

bearded

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

God Bless

Cyber Burn

That is beautiful. I love your attention to detail.

daglob

Here are Magga the Magnificent (female version of The Green Lama) and Negative Green Lantern. Neg GL was created by Eclipso.

OrWolvie1

BentonGrey

Yeah, me too, that Negative GL is just really neat looking!
God Bless

spydermann93

*mimics others and shares in the delight*

deanjo2000

I love the diversity of characters. Plus I learn new info all the time in this thread :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

The End is Near:

This is probalby the last time-themed character I do. Probably.  This is The Clock, a villain from Batman. And Robin.  But not exactly.

spydermann93

Cyber Burn

Is that Clock coming out of his chest? Cool! I've been enjoying this group of themed Characters.

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 16, 2016, 02:21:57 PM
Is that Clock coming out of his chest?

Of course it is.

I've been resisting the urge to do Lady Chronos, and there is a version of Epoch out there already. I can't think of anyone else.