Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

I'm going to be able to cross a whole bunch off of my list.  :D

doctorchallenger

DG, you are just a skinning machine! I wish I had your tenacity to produce so many quality skins!

daglob

This is a set of skins for one of the Spiderman toys from the Mego company. There was a "stretch" version of him and The Hulk, as well as Plasticman, Batman, and Superman.

daglob

Well, it took long enough, but I got working scopes for Tim Boo Ba and his Boo Ba Boys. I'll do new skins (these are the old ones), but it lets me see what he's going to look like. There will be several options for weapons. Oddly enough Tommy's mesh doesn't use a handgun.

bearded

daglob

Ah, but Tim Boo Ba isn't so easily dismissed; he survived and went on to challenge The Fin Fang Four...

I almost entitled this "They call me... Tim".

daglob

A couple of WIPs:

This is a skin based on the Elastic Plastic Man from Mego. Can you believe it was the last of these stretchable action figures to be manufactured?

This is Mr. Justice, a Specter-type of hero from MLJ. There are other skins by Copper Age and The Vigilante, but I wanted to do my own.

Cyber Burn

Loving what I'm seeing here, especially the Boo Ba set.

daglob

So, why am I doing this skin?

Podmark

Don't know, but I'm not complaining  :thumbup:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Is she from the comics too or just from the movie?  I haven't seen it yet.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

daglob

She has a comics incarnation that is nothing like the movie version and for which I have no interest in skinning (her main purpose is to get killed-Hey!... Rename her Dead Girl and... wait a minute...). But what I want to know is why hasn't someone else done her already? I mean, wouldn't you love to see a Windblown scope of her?

And, she does have a great name...

windblown

Quote from: daglob on May 19, 2016, 03:57:31 AM
She has a comics incarnation that is nothing like the movie version and for which I have no interest in skinning (her main purpose is to get killed-Hey!... Rename her Dead Girl and... wait a minute...). But what I want to know is why hasn't someone else done her already? I mean, wouldn't you love to see a Windblown scope of her?

And, she does have a great name...

Challenge accepted ;) The skin is looking great, if you send it my way (if you don't have mi email address let me know) I'll skope something to it.

daglob

Quote from: windblown on May 19, 2016, 09:26:37 PM
Challenge accepted ;) The skin is looking great, if you send it my way (if you don't have mi email address let me know) I'll skope something to it.

She's on her way...

detourne_me

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

...for something absolutely no one asked for:

A Work in Progress of Wade's least favorite action figure.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Ha!  Yeah, that is something else alright.  :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

daglob

And now for something someone asked for years ago:

The Presto Kid. He replaced Ghost Rider in Red Mask Comics, the writer and artist of one series taking over the other.

I don't remember who asked for it. It's taken this long for me to get around to it (and figure out how to do those sleeves).

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on May 21, 2016, 01:05:17 AM
...for something absolutely no one asked for:

A Work in Progress of Wade's least favorite action figure.

You know, I was actually JUST thinking about that. Like, yesterday just thinking about it.

No joke. I was watching Deadpool and I was like "you know? I'd really like to have Deadpool fight Barakapool in FF." And now, thanks to the mystical Glob (glory be unto Glob), I can fulfill that insane wish.

daglob

If nothing else, the Originpool gave me a Male Basic Nomouth mesh and a PV Nomouth mesh...

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on May 21, 2016, 05:41:39 AM
If nothing else, the Originpool gave me a Male Basic Nomouth mesh and a PV Nomouth mesh...

See? Silver Lining. :P

daglob

Y'know, the worst thing about this character (other than the whole concept) is the way the "circuits" look painted on. I've noticed that most of the action figures of this guy have red circuits. I don't know if I'm going to try to fix that or not. Maybe stress the whole stupidity factor...

spydermann93

Maybe an alternate skin with red circuits?

daglob

I'm considering it. The circuits are on their own layers, so changing color is one of the easiest things to do. I also thought about pattern overlay, bevel and emboss, and possibly some other things. Of course, Shevek has done the best version (followed by Jik).

deanjo2000

:thumbup:
The thing is if it had of been a new character that they had for the movie id of liked it, but trying to pas him off as deadpool killed it straight away.
I gotta say i check this thread everyday because there is always something good and new to check out :thumbup:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

A work in progress of Doc Horror in a trench coat.

daglob

A WIP of Doc in his working togs.

In my mind, I can't get rid of the idea that he looks like Guy Williams, but that's wrong. Guy Williams looks like Zorro.

Haven't decided if I'm going to keep the sword yet.