Da Glob's Skin-A-Rama 06/19/20-Work in Progress

Started by daglob, January 01, 2009, 05:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Quote from: Deaths Jester on July 30, 2018, 08:41:35 PM
Actually, Marvex showed up in a small handful of other comics....see the Marvel Appendix profile...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/marvexga.htm

I know; what I was trying to say I guess is that he only had three golden-age appearances.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

daglob

This and Vanth were started before I got so sick. Also posted in the Requests forum asking about a pointed ear.

daglob

daglob

detourne_me

daglob

It was a series from Marvel's Epic line, having first started in Epic Magazine. Jim Starlin created them. There were versions at NPI at one time, but they aren't available in the archive at The Wayback Machine. Metamorphosis Odyssey was the original serialized story from Epic, and Dreadstar was the comic.

The Lord High Papal (the villain) and Oedi Puss (Vanth Dreadstar's partner) have also been done.

detourne_me

OK, right.  That's starting to ring some bells!  They look great

daglob

I know, some of you are thinking: "Hey, Glob, this isn't the Halloween Challenge thread", and you are right. This is a picture of CapMarv from the year 2943.

daglob

A one-shot wonder from down under. This is The Vampire, scourge of criminals all over the globe. She is shown on the cover of her first appearance (Gem Comics #16 about February 1948) in a lime-green body stocking, not exactly very intimidating. Copper Age had an additional Micro in a yellow costume, but here I have what might have been a better choice.

Cyber Burn

I really like that Alt Costume, you never fail to impress.  :thumbup:

daglob

Something I did for Cyber Burn:

For this pic I have made the view window larger.

I hope to get it and some other stuff to Alex before Christmas.

MikeB7

Nice!  I need to try skoping at some point but it looks so intimidating! :unsure:

daglob

Quote from: MikeB7 on November 14, 2018, 02:33:35 PM
Nice!  I need to try skoping at some point but it looks so intimidating! :unsure:

Nice thing I discovered is that every one of the more experienced scopers out there are more than willing to offer advice, tutoring, and help. I've gone from a less than one in ten success rate to a less than one in ten failure rate. We won't discuss how long it took.

Now, this is a scope, but it is a duplicate of a scope for FF1 that CB did for FFv3R. I opened his scope, looked through his work, and produced this.

MikeB7

That's cool.  Awesome that this place is still as welcoming and helpful as it was in my day. 

As tempting as it is, I'm not sure I have the concentration/patience anymore.   :(  I've downloaded some programs in preparation but haven't felt able to jump in yet.  I may just stick to skins I can finish within two sittings.  More than that, I get overwhelmed, scatterbrained, messy and second-guess everything.  Sooo tempting tho, Renegade's MikeB7 has so many hidden parts.  I may end up requesting simple hexes like that, I can't remember a single thing about how I did it back then, lol.

daglob

Quote from: MikeB7 on November 14, 2018, 05:38:22 PM
That's cool.  Awesome that this place is still as welcoming and helpful as it was in my day. 

As tempting as it is, I'm not sure I have the concentration/patience anymore.   :(  I've downloaded some programs in preparation but haven't felt able to jump in yet.  I may just stick to skins I can finish within two sittings.  More than that, I get overwhelmed, scatterbrained, messy and second-guess everything.  Sooo tempting tho, Renegade's MikeB7 has so many hidden parts.  I may end up requesting simple hexes like that, I can't remember a single thing about how I did it back then, lol.

I know...

But, the first thing I did was just hexing stuff where the readme said "goes on Schlomoraving's hex of Taskmaster Cordless", and Schlomo's site has been gone for three years (and I didn't know about the Wayback Machine, which is still an iffy source), so I got decent at hiding and unhiding stuff. Then I moved one piece to another mesh to make it closer to what I wanted. Now, I lightly sculpt meshes in Blender and put the pieces in Nifscope and produce... well, where Blender is concerned that's another story. Still, it is a useful skill to develop. Save the asking for help for those you flat out cannot do, and you either get advice, tutoring, or offers of help. Of course, I'm retired, so I've got a lot of time to fill in waste, and this is one of the more acceptable ways.

El1jahSnowFan

Holy smokes -- old-school Dreadstar? Will he have his sword? Sign me up for that!

daglob

Here is a work on progress of the Silver Age Flash's foe Abra-Kadabra. Strangely, Float Magic keyframes do not seem to have any wand attacks.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Kenn

What Benton said.

Or...

Abra, Abra Kadabra...  Want to reach out and grab it.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

John Jr.

daglob

BentonGrey

Hey DG, he's looking great!  His waistcoat looks particularly nice!
God Bless

daglob

More or less finished version of Jake.

spydermann93

MikeB7

Wow, so incredible to follow this from request to shiny toy.  He looks amazing, great lighting and shades.

daglob

He's not shiny, though. I sent the existing version to Benton for him to look at, but I'm going to try to recover the reflection effect today.

BentonGrey

You've done just a fantastic job on J.A.K.E., DG!  I love the detail work on his articulation points.  What a great skope and what a great skin!  He looks like he stepped off of the comic page!
God Bless

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, what Mesh is he on? What Weapons does he have?