News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Thor strikes again!

Started by 77, January 02, 2009, 02:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuoteEDINBURGH, Scotland, Jan. 1 (UPI) -- A man who dressed as the Norse god Thor for a costume party in Scotland said he returned home and scared off a burglar who had entered his house.

Torvald Alexander, 38, a construction firm manager who stands at 6 feet tall, said he ran after the burglar with his red cape and silver-winged helmet still in place, making for an intimidating sight, The Daily Telegraph reported Thursday.

"As soon as he saw me his eyes went wide with terror," Alexander said of the burglar. "He looked like he had had a few drinks and decided to do a late night break in, but he hadn't counted on the God of Thunder living here."

"I had just got back from a fancy dress New Year's party and because I have a Norwegian name I decided to go as Thor," he said.

Alexander said the burglar did not have time to steal anything from the house and fled from a ground floor window without his shoes. He said the shoes will be turned over to police to help them attempt to identify a suspect.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2009/01/01/Man_in_Thor_costume_scares_off_burglar/UPI-50001230838212/

detourne_me

Most Excellent!  hahahah.
(and on a sidenote, its cool to see other people with Norwegian heritage and the surname Alexander, like me)

Uncle Yuan

"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Lunarman

That's thundery justice for you :)

Glitch Girl

Frickin' hillarious.  I too wish there were pictures.

Why am I sudenly reminded of "Advenutes in Babysitting"? :D
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

cmdrkoenig67

Yay Thor!...I mean...Yay Torvald!

Great story.

Dana

danhagen

Roy Thomas said he just forwarded this article to Stan Lee.
Veritas et probitas super omnia.