Costume Help/Contest

Started by Ephemeris, January 05, 2009, 06:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephemeris

I'm at a loss.....I'm looking for ideas/designs for my 4th and 5th costumes for my character, Citlalmina.  I've been stumped for the longest time.  She is an archery/fire manipulation/fire mastery (or whatever it's called) blaster w/ flight, hasten and fitness.  Her name means shooting star/comet's tail in Aztec.  The character is supposed to be Native American, Meso-American or Pacific Islander.

Her other costumes are:

1) Native American (think Pocahantas)
2) Meso-American (Mayan Goddess)
3) Pacific Islander (think Goddess Pele/jungle girl)

I'm looking for two costume ideas to fill my last two spots.  The ideas should not vary too far from the aforementioned character info (that's not to say you can't).  It'd be best if it paid homage to those cultures or regions from which those cultures came.  Avoid using the cyborg or wedding packs, I don't have access to them.  I'm will to pay up to 5 million influence/infamy for each winner.  If I use any other elements from any of the other entries, I'll throw some influence/infamy their way as well.  The reward will only be distributed on the Freedom server, faction doesn't matter.  This contest will close on Friday, Jan. 9 at 8 p.m. Eastern.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing the entries.

-Eph

Verfall

Ok using this as a basis:

I came up with this:
"My word and world holds ground and is real
Your word is like floods of poisoned water
A language spoken with spit from different tongues
You can never corrupt me again"

B A D

PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

MJB

MikeB7

Kommando

Forgot to add a belt - oh well...

Valandar

"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

BlueBard

Well, I got to thinking "Warrior Princess" and gold armor with red accents to suggest the sun, fire, etc.  I was trying for an amalgamation of some of the various looks.  Here's what I came up with:

Various parts by name:

Hair - Serrated Sugar
Head Detail - Tiara9
Chest - Tech Sleek
Chest Emblem - Wings
Shoulders - Swept Point
Gloves - Cloud Bracers
Belt - V
Skirt - Mini Leather (w/ Dagger pattern)
Tights - Armored Pads
Boots - Bone
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Ephemeris

Great stuff so far guys.  If you guys have any additional ideas or want to edit anything, feel free tto do so.  There is no limit on the number of entries.  :D

Ephemeris

The winners are Verfall and BlueBard!  Each wins 5 million influence/infamy on a character of their choice.

Here's the final version of the entry Verfall submitted with some slight modifications:

Used the reference pic as a guide for these changes.  Changed the armor to one of the Roman ones, changed the boots to slippers/shoes, wings became a feather cape.

Here's the final version of the entry BlueBard submitted with modifications:

Lots changed.  Basically, the color scheme reminded me of a phoenix, so I swapped the armor to the justice set for the bird like patterns.  Swapped out the wings for a cape.  Used roman gear for the shoulder pads, bracers and boots.  What can I say?  I like to tinker.  BlueBard's costume pushed the character in a direction I hadn't thought of, but was well within the concept.

Great job on all the costumes submitted!  Thanks to everyone that participated!  Until my next mental block....cheers!