News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Emperous Model Textures - New X-Men

Started by emperous, January 05, 2009, 11:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emperous

I have been out of touch for a while and I wanted to show what I did. I did Scott and Xorn a while ago. I am still working on Beast, Wolverine and Angel.

Podmark

Wow those are pretty cool. I'm not really huge on the faces but I know what you're going for. Xorn mesh looks pretty good.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

detourne_me

YES YES YES!
love the quitely looks the skins have.
that Xorn skope is quite impressive.
can't wait to see what you have cooking up for the remaining three.... (now i wish i had all my new x-men HC's with me TT)

pr1983

new cyclops is always welcome. loving the details on the suit...

big frank quitely vibe...

Vertex

I absolutely hate Quietly as an artist and find his work horrid to look at...

This being said I think you've done a masterful job of recreating his look on those meshes ...

All in all a job very well done  :D
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

miguelyanke

Jakew

That skope of Xorn, with the little vents on his head, looks fantastic.

I'm really looking forward to seeing your New X-Men version of Wolverine.

emperous

I am glad you like them. I actually liked Ethan Van Sciver's Logan a lot more than Quietly's so I used them both as inspiration.
I am not going to do Angel after all but I will be doing Beast and than that is it.

UnkoMan

The mouth looks a bit odd on this one. The upper lip and lower lip seem to appear as one. The belly button also seems a bit too large.

On the other hand there is some great detail in the face here. Very distinct and unique. I love the hair skope. And can I ask what you are using for these jackets, by the way? There's something so strange about them. They work but they open so weird. That's probably from the art you are trying to minic though.

laughing paradox

These skins are incredible. Like someone said before, I'm not a fan of Quietly's art, but your ability to transfer that skill from comic to game is incredible.

I am curious, did Xorn ever show skin in his costume? Or was his jacket usually closed? Xorn showing bare skin, for some reason, surprised me.

crimsonquill

Quote from: laughing paradox on January 11, 2009, 07:53:05 AM
I am curious, did Xorn ever show skin in his costume? Or was his jacket usually closed? Xorn showing bare skin, for some reason, surprised me.

Xorn didn't show his chest until he put on the X-Uniform.. as shown below in his appearance in New X-Men #127..

However once Quietly was informed that Xorn was Magento then he suddenly was drawn wearing more and more metal tubing and a chainmail-type shirt which I assumed was a bigger hint that he was using it as extra metal for when he needed it to form weapons or his old traditional costume from. But I personally pretend that Xorn was replaced by a Skrull who went mad after being exposed to that X-Drug.. and he never had a spare brother waiting in the wings.

Another question... Would it be possible for Xorn to sit in that indian-style mediation stance in a keyframe? Or one that could be skoped onto existing keyframes?

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

emperous

I'm happy with the way Wolverine came out a lot so he is done so I do not get side tracked with little details.

The jacket is from Syn's Red Hood and has been alphaed for different looks for each of the guys.

Quote from: crimsonquill on January 11, 2009, 06:30:34 PM
Another question... Would it be possible for Xorn to sit in that indian-style mediation stance in a keyframe? Or one that could be skoped onto existing keyframes?

Courtnall6

I understand you're happy with how Wolverine turned out...but I'd take another crack at those belly buttons if I were you. They are disproportionate to the rest of the body and very distracting.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Jakew

Amazing stuff, man. I love the hair on Wolverine.  :thumbup:

But I agree that the bellybuttons on Wolvey and Xorn needs work.

emperous

I took another stab at them and I made Xorn's skintone more of an Asian colouring.

Podmark

Quote from: emperous on January 12, 2009, 04:28:52 PM
I took another stab at them and I made Xorn's skintone more of an Asian colouring.

But Xorn is Magneto (originally at least - stupid retcons) and Magneto isn't asian.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Podmark on January 12, 2009, 05:58:12 PM

But Xorn is Magneto (originally at least - stupid retcons) and Magneto isn't asian.

Sorry Emp, I don't mean to side track but that isn't what Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: X-Men 2005 states: "Kuan-Yin eventually revealed himself to be a duplicate of the X-Men's nemesis Magneto, a transformation believed to have been caused by Magneto's daughter, the Scarlet Witch." That and his twin brother, Shen Xorn was most certainly Asian.

crimsonquill

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 12, 2009, 06:26:28 PM
Quote from: Podmark on January 12, 2009, 05:58:12 PM

Sorry Emp, I don't mean to side track but that isn't what Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: X-Men 2005 states: "Kuan-Yin eventually revealed himself to be a duplicate of the X-Men's nemesis Magneto, a transformation believed to have been caused by Magneto's daughter, the Scarlet Witch." That and his twin brother, Shen Xorn was most certainly Asian.

Xorn has been a very confusing character because while Morrison planned on him being Magento (he CLAIMED that was his plan all along but New X-Men #127 seems to conflict with that plotline in my book) plus he had Xorn's own personality speaking thru the helmet at the end of that storyline and I'm pretty sure Magnus never had multiple personalities before. Fan demand (Yes, most of the fans actually hoped Xorn would remain part of the X-Men because his character was actually developing into a followable character - which seems odd for a planned throwaway character plot device) and Quesada's overriding order to recon the whole thing to keep Xorn as a real person who was manipulated by unseen events (Scarlet Witch's reality twisting or Sublime's possession of him via the X-Drug "Kick" or my own personal "Skrull-imposter gone insane after his exposure to Kick" take of the whole mess) just added to the confusion of making ANY sense of the Xorn plotline at all.

Emperous, I would keep the Asian skintone as a optional version for us fans who wish to keep Xorn as Kuan-Yin and also use the normal skin tone for the Magneto-In-Disquise variant... just to keep everyone happy and less debates on which version needs to be kept.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Podmark

I thought Xorn was a fantastic character before the Magneto reveal. I also think the reveal was one of my favorite things in comics ever.

I hate the retcons though  :angry:
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Jakew

I didn't think the Magneto reveal worked that well, sheerly because of the issue which introduced Xorn, and the issue where Xorn is in Mutant Town. After reading those two issues, it's a stretch to believe Magneto was not only acting but actually thinking as an entirely different person.

But I digress ... great skins, emperous, and I'm really excited to see how you do Beast.

freedomgod55

miguelyanke

when have you thought to release them?
I'm immpatient

BentonGrey

Some very nice skins there.  The hair on Wolverine is just too cool!  He looks like a contemptuous British rock star.  "I'm too awesome to waste my time with this," you know?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/