News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Iron Man Mode

Started by darkphoenixII, January 07, 2009, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkphoenixII

So, would you believe that in all the time I've owned  :ff:, I never managed to beat the Ironman Mode in the Danger Room? Not once. The closest I'd ever come was when I used some X-Men characters (Colossus, Scott, Logan, Jean Grey), and even then I got as far as the wave with the T-Rex monsters and Pinstripe and such, with the remaining ones being Logan and Colossus. They ate it, albeit pretty slowly (curse Pinstripes ability to absorb blunt damage).

Any of you? If so, how? It's seems difficult to implement a whole lot of tactics in a game with such a wildcard value.
Dark Phoenix: You once told Jean Grey that the greatest joy a teacher has is to be surpassed by his own pupil. Enjoy!
Professor Xavier: In the battlefield of the mind, my will shall prevail!
DP: Do you really think your puny mind is a match for mine? The conceit of you humans! The arrogance!

Panther_Gunn

Superman.  On a large map, so there's plenty of room to maneuver/get out of harm's way, and plenty of things to throw.

You could always totally uber it & use Superman, Supergirl, Mon-El, and Martian Manhunter (with possible substitutes by Capt. Marvel, Capt. Atom, and/or Firestorm).  High HP, high Strength, decent to high Speed and Agility, good invulnerability/resistance, and non-blunt/piercing damage options (for that annoying Pinstripe).  The only one that still poses a real problem is Mr. Mechanical, but with enough heat vision, freeze breath, and things to throw, it can be done.....just kind of slowly.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.