News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

CT questions

Started by deano_ue, January 10, 2009, 11:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deano_ue

what makes the character tool qualify meshes as standard and custom

i recently re-reinstall  :ffvstr: and when i transferred the meshes back they appeared under standard when the in the past they were custom

GogglesPizanno

I believe its the location of the meshes.

If you have them located:
"Custom\Art\library\characters"
They are considered "standard" as its attributing that folder as part of the standard "Data" path for the game -- probably because its in the install directory and the path is relative to the game and not unique.

If you have the meshes located:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\Custom\Art\library\characters
Its considered a custom as I assume its outside the game path and specific to the particular machine or user.

You can change the custom path in CTool... but it only appears to work in Ctool for viewing meshes, the game itself still looks in those 2 original paths.

I dont know what the reasoning or design behind it was, but it always screamed out some kind of non implemented  or non finished functionality... to me anyway

deano_ue

tried the second folder and the mesh appeared as custom, but before i reinstalled the game i had all my meshs in the programme files folder and they were listed as custom :huh: