AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JKCarrier

That Rogue is a stunner! I love the hair, and the wrinkles on the sleeves.

BentonGrey

That Rogue is great AA, though I do agree that the cloak could be a tad darker, I think it would work better.  Her sleeves, however, are just beyond fantastic.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Courtnall6

Fantastic Rogue AA! I love the face and hair...and the rest of her ain't too shabby either. :cool:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Champion 2 of 11

miguelyanke

that hair looks fantastic!!! XD

Good Job MAN!!!

Do you have in mind to do her second costume?

Figure Fan

Rogue looks exceptional! Great work on the hair and colors.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: The Hitman on January 29, 2009, 03:56:53 AM
Wow, man, great stuff. I don't say that enough. I should. Really great stuff.
Ah it's ok. If people told me my stuff was great all the time, I think I would explode from all the kindness.

Quote from: Podmark on January 29, 2009, 04:17:33 AM
Rogue looks very good AA. Really happy you haven't let this crap keep you down.

I think I have a pretty good idea what Johnny made for you.
Yeah, I actually did her Wednesday. I just sat down and knocked her out in like 30 minutes.

Really? Because there are a lot of shiny guys with gun arms.

Quote from: JKCarrier on January 29, 2009, 05:21:34 AM
That Rogue is a stunner! I love the hair, and the wrinkles on the sleeves.

Thanks, JKC!

Quote from: BentonGrey on January 29, 2009, 05:33:09 AM
That Rogue is great AA, though I do agree that the cloak could be a tad darker, I think it would work better.  Her sleeves, however, are just beyond fantastic.
Agreed and thank you.

Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 29, 2009, 10:42:00 PM
Fantastic Rogue AA! I love the face and hair...and the rest of her ain't too shabby either. :cool:
Thank you, kind sir.

Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on January 29, 2009, 10:56:49 PM
AA Your face work is getting rediculious!!!! :blink:
Who are you, why wont you show yourself!? Also thanks!

Quote from: Xenolith on January 29, 2009, 11:11:51 PM
Great face on that.   :thumbup:
Thanks.

Quote from: miguelyanke on January 29, 2009, 11:46:04 PM
that hair looks fantastic!!! XD

Good Job MAN!!!

Do you have in mind to do her second costume?
The green and white one from the AOA mini?

Quote from: Figure Fan on January 30, 2009, 06:12:19 AM
Rogue looks exceptional! Great work on the hair and colors.
Thanks!

Gremlin

That's a marvelous skin! Her face is incredible, and the texture of her clothing is terrific!

laughing paradox

Are you a fan of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs?

Because Rogue is lookin' like Karen O, their lead singer, which is pretty friggin' cool. I dig the highlights on the black parts of the skin.. just a touch of white, instead of glob blurred out white where all of the muscle is. It makes it look even cleaner.. I'll have to try that technique out some time.

miguelyanke

billdamn22

More AoA awesomeness. I hope Magneto is on your list. I can't say how much I am anticipating Mr. Shiny gun arms. :thumbup:

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

No plans on that costume or any other AOA characters. I'm just doing the core from Astonishing x-Men.

Any way, I did two Amalgam Universe characters. Of course one is Spider-Boy (Spider-man and Superboy) and the other is an new one created by me called Rival (Scarlet Spider and Match).

I assume his powers are tactile gravity manipulation like SB's but more powerful. I guess he's an imperfect clone of Peter Parker that Project Cadmas kept for testing. He escapes and tries to prove that he's better than Spider-boy could ever be, blah blah blah.

There might be a Spider-girl...maybe...

JKCarrier

Nice! Beautiful work on the leather jacket especially.

UnkoMan

Rogue took you 30 minutes? I totally hate you right now, AA.

I'm loving this Spider-Boy though. I always liked the character. The skin turned out perfectly. I repeat: Perfectly.

I don't know if I'm 100% down with the Rival yet though. I just keep thinking he seems a little... I dunno. Plain maybe? I can't quite place my finger on what I'm feeling here. I think I need to come back and give him a look over again later.

Xenolith

Are those tommyboy meshes, at least the base?  The way you have the feet skinned here really looks good.

Podmark

AA those are amazing, I'm really in awe here.
What meshes are those made from? I surprisingly don't seem to recognise any of the parts.

I'm not familiar with all the amalgam characters. Is Spider-Boy a real one? Or are they both designed by you?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Quote from: JKCarrier on February 02, 2009, 12:55:47 AM
Nice! Beautiful work on the leather jacket especially.
Thanks. I like how the leather jacket came out too.

Quote from: UnkoMan on February 02, 2009, 03:22:38 AM
I don't know if I'm 100% down with the Rival yet though. I just keep thinking he seems a little... I dunno. Plain maybe? I can't quite place my finger on what I'm feeling here. I think I need to come back and give him a look over again later.
Yeah me either. I kept looking at him thinking what am I missing here. Maybe I should add the little leg things from Scarlet Spider.

Quote from: Xenolith on February 02, 2009, 03:45:07 AM
Are those tommyboy meshes, at least the base?  The way you have the feet skinned here really looks good.
Nope. Ren's Cap Marvel Jr.

Quote from: Podmark on February 02, 2009, 03:46:18 AM
AA those are amazing, I'm really in awe here.
What meshes are those made from? I surprisingly don't seem to recognise any of the parts.

I'm not familiar with all the amalgam characters. Is Spider-Boy a real one? Or are they both designed by you?
I glad you can't point anything out, I guess that means I did a good job skinning them. Spider-boy is the real one.

Volsung

Stuff  hosted by the courtesy of http://www.freedom-asylum.co.uk/

cmdrkoenig67

Wonderful looking skins, AA...I really like the face on Rogue.  I know very little about the character, but Spider-Boy is very good (the leather jacket and hair texture are great).

Dana

AfghanAnt

Podmark

To give a differing perspective; I really like the large glove cuffs, reminds me of the kind of thing a Ramos type artist would do.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

UnkoMan

I, too, enjoy large glove cuffs. And these guys are on the same mesh, right? Just with different things alpha'd out? So from a utilitarian standpoint I get it too.

Actually, I think I was right about the plain feeling I was getting. I think it's got to do with Spider-Boy having so many different design elements (red on blue, webbing pattern, yellow stripes, jacket, etc) and Rival having barely any. I'd say add some yellow to the legs somehow. Maybe even a bit of white as well. That might spice him up more. I'd also suggest ditching the brown for the belt. Seems weird next to the darkness of the yellow, to me anyhow.

I wonder if there's any way you could add a Bizarnage influence to this also? I can't think of it, but it'd be cool. PS: You totally need to skin him too.

AfghanAnt

I'm going to do some more work on the Rival and I think I might do Bizarnage.

So I did an alternate version of AA more inline to my original drawing (I guess he's sort a manga-verse version). He's not going to replace my current version but I thought why not update the mesh that Lord Ehmsidy made for me. I think I'm going to do an ultimate version on day.

herodad1

AfghanAnt

Quote from: herodad1 on February 09, 2009, 03:15:54 AM
hey AA, what ever came of mothman and co.?

They are around. I honestly got burnt out on originals which is sad considering I love the Weird World concept but I would really like them to be in a mod but we just havent got to that point.

TAP43

I want to say I am sorry I have not comment on the fantastic stuff you have been doing, you seem to be gaining ground on C6 in you ability to capture that comic book feel. I always like your way of thinking and your original design style, you have always inspired me to try new things in my own style as well as all the artist here. (too many to list :D)
Thanks

TAP43

BentonGrey

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 09, 2009, 03:28:41 AM
Quote from: herodad1 on February 09, 2009, 03:15:54 AM
hey AA, what ever came of mothman and co.?

They are around. I honestly got burnt out on originals which is sad considering I love the Weird World concept but I would really like them to be in a mod but we just havent got to that point.

You know AA, with the tools available these days (Including M's herofile transfer tool) throwing a mod together probably wouldn't be too tough.  Between EZScript and the mappack, you could bring something together with relatively little effort.  Those characters seemed neat, so I hope you return to them one day.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

AfghanAnt

Benton, I'm really thinking about it but it would probably be after any rather development of the WW mod with Unko first.

So out of the blue, I remember Unko asking me if Wildchild was on Ren's Skrull well I thought to myself why not give it a try and so we have this:

Which one do you guys prefer? If the skrull base I need to do some reskinning on his face and I can finish up Morph (finally) and put them  up on HF.