AfghanAnt Artistic Advances 7/8/16 - Marvel Adventures Exclusives

Started by AfghanAnt, January 11, 2009, 02:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Ah nice! Thanks for the info on the steam thing. I had no clue.

Also I'm working on some more villains (killer robots, ancient megalomaniac, and maybe even a fraternity of nogoodniks).

spydermann93

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

I'm excited for the Juggernaut analog. He has always been a favorite of mine when it came to Marvel :D

detourne_me

Wow,   Thanks for all your hard work AA! I'm still having a bunch of trouble trying to get the FX to work. any chance someone could update the FX.dat and send it to me, please? Figured it out!Just followed the instructions better!

Also, I love that one of Kirin's attacks is called Fan Death!  ;)

spydermann93

Here you go:

https://www.mediafire.com/?07ahlnz9kxsm4ar

Merge it with whatever you have.

Warning: There are quite a few custom FX that I kind of mashed together in this file that might not be working, but seeing how this is to get the QMen FX working, it shouldn't matter.

All you have to do is put all of the FX folders (Beef, Gargoyle, Shepard, etc.) into your "Data/Art/Library/fx/Generic" folder and the "_textures" folder into the "Data/Art/Library/fx/_textures" folder.

detourne_me

Oh Thanks!  I just saw this after I figured it out for myself.  Thank you though!

Deaths Jester

Great work, AA...can't wait to get these in Nifskope and see how you put some of them together. And also study the skinning too.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 13, 2016, 02:30:03 PM
Here you go:

Warning: There are quite a few custom FX that I kind of mashed together in this file that might not be working, but seeing how this is to get the QMen FX working, it shouldn't matter.

All you have to do is put all of the FX folders (Beef, Gargoyle, Shepard, etc.) into your "Data/Art/Library/fx/Generic" folder and the "_textures" folder into the "Data/Art/Library/fx/_textures" folder.

Does the sound files work with this install?

Previsionary

Always awesome when I do my bi monthly check in on this site and see awesome creators still around putting out fantastic content. Nice to see your artistic ability is better than ever, AA.
Disappear when you least expe--

spydermann93

Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 14, 2016, 03:32:15 AM
Quote from: spydermann93 on June 13, 2016, 02:30:03 PM
Here you go:

Does the sound files work with this install?

They should

I didn't change any names. Just FX nif paths.

AfghanAnt

Cool. I have a small update coming. It was an unreleased skope I was working on and completely forgot about her until I started looking through my recovered skopes from my crash.

Doom2099

Brilliant work as always!!!!

Can I ask tho, you have done some of the best Superman work there is and really quick off the mark to. Are you planning on tackling the Superman Reborn stuff? Like Luthor, Superboy or Superman's new costume?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Doom2099 on June 14, 2016, 08:51:41 PM
Brilliant work as always!!!!

Can I ask tho, you have done some of the best Superman work there is and really quick off the mark to. Are you planning on tackling the Superman Reborn stuff? Like Luthor, Superboy or Superman's new costume?
Hasn't crossed my mind TBH. I'm not really loving where DC has been or is headed in a while. So this is probably a no. :/

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on June 14, 2016, 05:49:22 AM
Always awesome when I do my bi monthly check in on this site and see awesome creators still around putting out fantastic content. Nice to see your artistic ability is better than ever, AA.

HA! Thanks dude. I literally just saw that GChat from a year ago. I was so confused.

UnkoMan

Wow, AA... Amazing as always. I love your take on these guys.
And I'm soooo excited for the second gen guys. Spook! You know I love ghost/undead type characters.

These are incredible!

windblown

laughing paradox

Such impressive work. This is phenomenal. It's going to make me turn on Freedom Force.

AfghanAnt

And then there was Sprout. Original was going to do a whole gang of new chimeras but I'm working on villains and she was always going to be made. She's my Storm meets Kitty Pryde character. She's from the country of Zambia and a member of the Lozi Tribe. Her real name is Ngula and she has the power to photosynthesize sunlight to change her size, heal, and produce a few other plant-like effects. She also can shrink - I wanted to play on that whole sprout meaning small and to grow. Going to release her and a few villains in the second wave. Unfortunately The Spook is getting pushed over to Vampire/Bat-Boy side of the Universe. He works better with them as an ally.

UnkoMan

That sounds awesome... Sprout.

Also... why can't Spook be both? Subtly combine universes? One great big AA universe? Maybe all that bug world stuff (I forget the official name) is slowly included in the overarching structure.

AA, your originals are great and could definitely sustain their own world. I 100% percent back all your original characters.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: UnkoMan on June 28, 2016, 10:02:51 PM
That sounds awesome... Sprout.

Also... why can't Spook be both? Subtly combine universes? One great big AA universe? Maybe all that bug world stuff (I forget the official name) is slowly included in the overarching structure.

AA, your originals are great and could definitely sustain their own world. I 100% percent back all your original characters.

I accidentally remove her pic. weird.

Good point about Spook.

Thanks! I think they might start slowing down some. I realized how much more work it would be to put some of the WW stuff I reskinned back together and I'm sort of overwhelmed. I think just finish off some baddies and start lurking again. That was easier.

BentonGrey

Hey, cool concept and great skin, AA.  The face is really distinct and interesting, and I love the green, plant-like hair, definitely cool.  I do think the mask or skin tone needs tweaking, though, as they blend into each other a bit too much.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

windblown

I like her a lot. My favorite part is the hair, but I like a lot the distinctive features of her uniform, like the collar and the sneakers.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 03, 2016, 01:48:40 AM
Hey, cool concept and great skin, AA.  The face is really distinct and interesting, and I love the green, plant-like hair, definitely cool.  I do think the mask or skin tone needs tweaking, though, as they blend into each other a bit too much.
I think might adjust her skintone before release.

Quote from: windblown on July 03, 2016, 10:09:03 PM
I like her a lot. My favorite part is the hair, but I like a lot the distinctive features of her uniform, like the collar and the sneakers.
I love her too! She was just sitting around as a skope I started and I was like finish her and make some villains. And I thought if I was a kid I wouldn't want to wear a regular costume - especially if I came from a small town and moved to America.

AfghanAnt

Inspired by Benton's Herofile question, I reskinned and skoped Psylocke for his Marvel Adventures mod. This skin is an exclusive and has been delivered to him.

Benton asked me to do a small update to my old skin but of course I redid the who skin. This Ms. Marvel skope will only be available through his mod.

Over the next couple of days I'll be reveal some other skins/skopes exclusive to Bent's mod so please support him and his effort to keep creativity in our community.

EDIT: Also all of those wonderful Brotherhood of Evil Mutants I skinned are also MA exclusives. They are really neat and I put a lot of love into for Bent. So again if you want to play with them check out his mod.

spydermann93

They both look very lovely, AA! :wub:

Wonderful skins! I saw your Brotherhood skins, too, and they are phenomenal! You are definitely doing Benton's work justice :thumbup:

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on July 08, 2016, 11:23:26 PM

Wonderful skins! I saw your Brotherhood skins, too, and they are phenomenal! You are definitely doing Benton's work justice :thumbup:

Definite understatement here. There has really been a lot of love put into this Mod, by Benton, by AA, by Daglob, by Spyder, and a host of others. When this is publicly released, it will be well worth downloading and playing.

spydermann93

Quote from: Cyber Burn on July 09, 2016, 03:18:27 AM
Quote from: spydermann93 on July 08, 2016, 11:23:26 PM

Definite understatement here. There has really been a lot of love put into this Mod, by Benton, by AA, by Daglob, by Spyder, and a host of others. When this is publicly released, it will be well worth downloading and playing.

Couldn't agree with you more :P

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on July 09, 2016, 01:13:25 AM
Great skins! Benton must be ecstatic.

That's putting it mildly, Pod!  :thumbup:

AA has been incredibly generous, not only going WAY above and beyond to help me out with MA, but even donating his work to be released exclusively through my mod.  Sheesh, it'll be more than worth downloading my little project just to get these exceptional AA skins!  I'm blown away by everything he sends me.  I've been boring my wife with my excited talking about all of this.  ;)

Thanks so much for the kind words, CB and Spyder!  I couldn't have done this without y'all too!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/