News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

C6's Excellence of Epidermis - Unstoppable!

Started by Courtnall6, January 11, 2009, 03:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremlin

I like the detail on their faces. They have a really nice illustrated look to them. Not as Kirbyesque as the original skins, but they look more comic-book-y. Like the medium itself.

triviaman

Have never realized before that alot of members of freedom force have blue eyes...
Icicle and Javelin.<br />Icicle: So.. Javelins.. Isn't that like Captain Boomerang except you have to pick them up when you are done?<br />Javelin: So.. Ice-powers.. Isn't that like Captain Cold execept nobody gives a crap about you?

Carravaggio

Wow. I'm really impressed, these guys have got incredible depth and richness of colour. Some of your best stuff, in my opinon.

docdelorean88

Some of the mouths and some creases had me confused, then i realized i just hadn't seen these characters in such detail before. :thumbup:

This is such a simple but great idea, wonder why no one else thought of it? Keep it up!
-The Doc-
P.S. Can't wait for Tombstone, that guy needs some detail, especially on the mask(fabric shadowing/creaseing etc.).
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

AfghanAnt

These are fantastic. I really love El Diablo the most out of all of these.

darkknight92

These skins are incredible. Kinda neat to see things come full circle....

Champion 2 of 11

AfghanAnt

Two things: El Diablo's chest straps look really flat and is Mentor symbol suppose to look raised from the shadow like that? 

Courtnall6

Thanks for the comments everyone :cool:

Quote from: Gremlin on January 13, 2009, 08:11:24 AM
I like the detail on their faces. They have a really nice illustrated look to them. Not as Kirbyesque as the original skins, but they look more comic-book-y. Like the medium itself.

Like I said...reskins in C6 style! :D

Quote from: triviaman on January 13, 2009, 10:02:41 AM
Have never realized before that alot of members of freedom force have blue eyes...

heh...ya I had the same revelation!

Quote from: Carravaggio on January 13, 2009, 11:17:14 AM
Wow. I'm really impressed, these guys have got incredible depth and richness of colour. Some of your best stuff, in my opinon.

Thanks! I have to agree...these would all be milestones for me now. Skinning these has been a great challenge so far. :thumbup:

Quote from: docdelorean88 on January 13, 2009, 11:27:28 AM
Some of the mouths and some creases had me confused, then i realized i just hadn't seen these characters in such detail before. :thumbup:

This is such a simple but great idea, wonder why no one else thought of it? Keep it up!
-The Doc-
P.S. Can't wait for Tombstone, that guy needs some detail, especially on the mask(fabric shadowing/creaseing etc.).

I wanted to do this years ago but had no where near the skill level required to do so.

Tombstone is one I'm really looking forward to doing.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 13, 2009, 03:25:25 PM
Two things: El Diablo's chest straps look really flat and is Mentor symbol suppose to look raised from the shadow like that? 

El Diablo: Hmmm...looks like I forgot to add a line of shade to the straps. I'll fix that.

Mentor: Yup. That's how the logo looks on the skin I used for reference anyway.

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

deano_ue

they all look superb the detailing is sublime and the colours pop

the face work is excellent, though i do feel everyone looks angry

the only one i'm 100% is alchemiss's face it just seems harsh it works for the men but just doesn't seem right for her

docdelorean88

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on January 13, 2009, 06:21:42 PM
they all look superb the detailing is sublime and the colours pop

the face work is excellent, though i do feel everyone looks angry

the only one i'm 100% is alchemiss's face it just seems harsh it works for the men but just doesn't seem right for her
I can see that too, i think minute man is just a little too angry(and in comparison to the old one, the double eyebrow crease makes him look older), and bullet could look good with an open mouth smile or grin. But i love these any how. I'm not sure why but the ant looks much better than before. I mean design wise, maybe it's just the tones and color schemes. Like i said before, Fantastic! :thumbup:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Spring Heeled Jack

XPTO

Figure Fan

Ooh! Fantastic!

El Diablo is my favorite, or maybe Mentor. Hmm..

USAgent

Fantasitc!  These are way over the top fantastic. Minuteman's face has a stern serious look just like the character, and those cheek bones give his face a nice chiseled look.   Your Mentor looks more alien than Irrational's does, especially with his multi ridged brow, I also like what you did with his head piece on his forehead ( I always wondered if that purple spot was energy X, but yours looks like its maybe part of his brain.
El Didablo has that swave Zoro/Don Juan look going, like he is hot and knows it!   Alchemiss is my favorite, you did a great job on the costume, her face work is fantastic, she has a cute little nose, and I love how that shadow below her cheekbones gives her a wider looking jaw. It doesnt look like the average female skin face. (plus she looks more "enhanced" as well)

Jakew

Nice colours, the musculature pops, and the detail on the faces is great.

I can't wait to download these and compare them to the old ones.

murs47

Zippo

Awesome stuff! I think the Ant is my favorite, actually. The highlights on him are just staggering!

Courtnall6

Previsionary

HELLBOY! Get Out! Awesome C6. Any plans to do more of his cast?

Those other skins are pretty nice too...but HELLBOY! Surely you understand, no? ^^
Disappear when you least expe--

Champion 2 of 11

Somebodies game done steped up like 5 levels above us all!  :mellow:
Does he have the BPRD insignia on his sholder? I know nitpickey! &lt;_&lt;

Courtnall6

Quote from: Previsionary on January 14, 2009, 10:35:25 PM
HELLBOY! Get Out! Awesome C6. Any plans to do more of his cast?

Not sure about the rest of the cast. Hellboy was an impulse skin really. I was just looking through the CT and came across the Hellboy mesh and went "hmmmm...". I think I skinned him over a month ago now lol.

Jakew

That face on Hellboy is great.  :thumbup:

And Killer Shrike, whom I know zero about, looks cool as hell. What mesh is that on?

Courtnall6

Quote from: Jakew on January 14, 2009, 10:48:04 PM
That face on Hellboy is great.  :thumbup:

And Killer Shrike, whom I know zero about, looks cool as hell. What mesh is that on?

Shrike is on a very cool skope by Johnny Patches.

bat1987

I n c r e d i b l e !!!

Love the texture you used on Hellboy.

herodad1

just the other day i was looking at my meshes and said "you know...i wish hellboy had a new skin." the hellboy no_coat is also a cool mesh.kraven and killer shrike...awsome!

chuckles

Wow, totally awesome skins, but I'm loving your Killer Shrike! You have such a way of grabbing the essence of a character.
Any plans to do Shrike's former partner  "Modular Man" ?

Courtnall6

Quote from: chuckles on January 15, 2009, 12:42:30 AM
Wow, totally awesome skins, but I'm loving your Killer Shrike! You have such a way of grabbing the essence of a character.
Any plans to do Shrike's former partner  "Modular Man" ?

No plans for "Modular Man" at this time (I had to google him lol). He would need his own mesh by the looks of him.

Side note...

Does anybody have the wireframe for Hellboy's gun (if it even exists)? I still need to skin the gun and I hate skinning without wireframes.

billdamn22

Love seeing your version of Hellboy. You keep raising the bar way too high. Stop it! :angry: