News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

C6's Excellence of Epidermis - Unstoppable!

Started by Courtnall6, January 11, 2009, 03:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

You know C6, all of your most recent skins have a very different vibe from your past ones. Its a good vibe... a good different vibe. :)

By the way, did you intend to re-skin the Bard? After reading some Shakespeare within the last few years, i have more respect for that character(even if his powers don't do much damage). Haha, just had an idea. A C6 Mod of Freedom Force Vs. The Third Reich. :lol: Mod or no, is there a way to change the standard skins on the irrational campaign characters?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Podmark

Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 15, 2009, 01:41:58 AM
Does anybody have the wireframe for Hellboy's gun (if it even exists)? I still need to skin the gun and I hate skinning without wireframes.

It can be made very easily in nifskope. I'd send it to you now but I don't have the hellboy mesh on hand. Somebody help him out.

New skins look very good. Does Shrike have a meshed mask? It sure looks like it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Courtnall6

Quote from: Podmark on January 15, 2009, 04:10:24 AM
Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 15, 2009, 01:41:58 AM
Does anybody have the wireframe for Hellboy's gun (if it even exists)? I still need to skin the gun and I hate skinning without wireframes.

It can be made very easily in nifskope. I'd send it to you now but I don't have the hellboy mesh on hand. Somebody help him out.

New skins look very good. Does Shrike have a meshed mask? It sure looks like it.

I did not know that. Man...I need to start lookiing into that nifskope some more lol.

Yes Shrike does have a meshed mask :cool:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

AfghanAnt

While Hellboy is very nice, something about it doesn't sit well for me in the face. Maybe Im use to the Hellboy movie version but his eyes are just odd.

That being said I love Kraven's vest and Killer Shrike (I have no clue who he is) is very cool. I especially love the mask.

Courtnall6

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 15, 2009, 04:42:50 AM
While Hellboy is very nice, something about it doesn't sit well for me in the face. Maybe I use to the Hellboy movie version but his eyes are just odd.

That being said I love Kraven's vest and Killer Shrike (I have no clue who he is) is very cool. I especially love the mask.

This action figure was used as reference  http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_101005a.htm

I wanted the comicbook Hellboy...not the film version.

daglob

Quote from: AfghanAnt on January 15, 2009, 04:42:50 AM
While Hellboy is very nice, something about it doesn't sit well for me in the face. Maybe Im use to the Hellboy movie version but his eyes are just odd.

You know what they say: they never get the eyes right...

AfghanAnt

Looking at the source and then the face again, maybe the shadows around the cheek bones are too strong or something. It could just been the mesh but for me Hellboy's face is a little generic and seems to have lost Mignola's look. I don't know. If not one else has a problem maybe I'm just crazy.

Edit:

Gun Wireframe
Spoiler

Champion 2 of 11

No I was thinking close to that too Afghan Ant. Its like his sideburns need to come alittle more up to his cheek bone to cover some of the shadow under his cheek bone.

cripp12

Every time I see your excellent stuff I say to bad there isn't a central location for all your stuff.  I still get approvals for the DC yahoo site.

cmdrkoenig67

I'm just starting to become a fan of Hellboy (from watching the first film on DVD) and I love that skin....Wonderfully done, C6!  Kraven and  Killer Shrike are also very good.

Dana

UnkoMan

I think some of the problem with Hellboy's face is the bottom of the nose, too. Since it is turned up like that it, along with the dark dark cheek shadows, makes his head look too skull like. Plus the head itself is not quite shaped like Mignola's drawings. He's got a very specific style so if it isn't the same it's noticeable.

On the other hand this is by far the best Hellboy skin I've ever seen (though I haven't seen many). Kudos for trying to put all the little notches in it, like Mike does. And then the fabulous Kraven and Shrike.
Every skin is so unique now. They're like the perfect cross between comic and cartoon. There's a reason you are considered the best around these parts.

Courtnall6

I'll have another look at the face...thanks for the wireframe AA! :thumbup:

Courtnall6

Adjusted the cheek bones and the eyes...

QuoteThere's a reason you are considered the best around these parts

Best...no...somewhere in the top 3 I'd say...

herodad1

c6, i think youve done another excellent job.maybe if you feel motivated and have the time you could try the no_coat version.

Courtnall6

Quote from: herodad1 on January 16, 2009, 03:09:37 AM
c6, i think youve done another excellent job.maybe if you feel motivated and have the time you could try the no_coat version.

Maybe...it's a totally different mesh than the trenchcoat version...so I'd have to make a whole new skin for it. We'll see...

docdelorean88

Hey, C6. Have you given any thought to movie skins(Xmen, Spiderman, Hulk, BatmanBegins/Dark Knight, etc)? I think that would be something different for you to do(after the rest of FF that is! :lol:).

Courtnall6

Quote from: docdelorean88 on January 16, 2009, 03:48:57 AM
Hey, C6. Have you given any thought to movie skins(Xmen, spider-man, Hulk, BatmanBegins/Dark Knight, etc)? I think that would be something different for you to do(after the rest of FF that is! :lol:).

Not too much interest in movie skins. The X-men leather suits are kinda dull, Spider-Man is a possibility, Hulk...looked great...zero interest, Batman/Dark Knight...not much interest there either. I found the DK batsuit to be over detailed...too busy. The Fantastic Four's movie uniforms weren't too bad. Daredevil's was just wrong. Elektra's was just plain bad. I dunno...the hardest part about doing movie skins is getting the likeness of the actors down properly.

I did start a Superman Returns skin once...but my interest in that kinda fizzled out 10 mins in.

electro

QuoteI did start a Superman Returns skin once...but my interest in that kinda fizzled out 10 mins in.

:D

Lunarman

docdelorean88

Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 16, 2009, 04:02:51 AM
Quote from: docdelorean88 on January 16, 2009, 03:48:57 AM
Hey, C6. Have you given any thought to movie skins(Xmen, spider-man, Hulk, BatmanBegins/Dark Knight, etc)? I think that would be something different for you to do(after the rest of FF that is! :lol:).

Not too much interest in movie skins. The X-men leather suits are kinda dull, Spider-Man is a possibility, Hulk...looked great...zero interest, Batman/Dark Knight...not much interest there either. I found the DK batsuit to be over detailed...too busy. The Fantastic Four's movie uniforms weren't too bad. Daredevil's was just wrong. Elektra's was just plain bad. I dunno...the hardest part about doing movie skins is getting the likeness of the actors down properly.

I did start a Superman Returns skin once...but my interest in that kinda fizzled out 10 mins in.
:)Thats cool. If i ever have a chance to throw logs into someones creative fire, i might as well try :lol:.
I get what you mean about the batsuit too. I really like it, but, i can only assume it would be terribly hard to make. With that in mind, What about a heath ledger(R.I.P.) Joker. It's a shame he hasn't had much of anything for freedom force.

AfghanAnt

Johnny Patches

Champion 2 of 11

Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 16, 2009, 03:33:05 AM

Maybe...it's a totally different mesh than the trenchcoat version...so I'd have to make a whole new skin for it. We'll see...

Hey thats your thing though to put out alternates! :(

Courtnall6

Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on January 16, 2009, 06:16:14 PM
Quote from: Courtnall6 on January 16, 2009, 03:33:05 AM

Hey thats your thing though to put out alternates! :(

Ya...but I do have to get back to reskinning  Freedom Force...so an alternate Hellboy will have to wait.

Spring Heeled Jack

C6, is anyone hosting your skins? I haven't kept up with anything in a few years, but I'm interested in seeing what you've been up to.

Courtnall6

Quote from: Spring Heeled Jack on January 16, 2009, 09:05:07 PM
C6, is anyone hosting your skins? I haven't kept up with anything in a few years, but I'm interested in seeing what you've been up to.

My most recent stuff is over at the Toybox :cool:

http://www.renegadetoybox.com/main.htm

Courtnall6

2 more! :cool:

Spoiler

docdelorean88

chuckles

Holy Cow!!
Those are great. I really like the highlight detail on Order's skin.  :thumbup:

Megatallica

hey c6 i just remember what i wanted you to reskin, it was thor, i remember when you first skined him (along with the other versions), in my opinon it was the best thing at the time :thumbup:
also
phoenix + dark
mastermind
and toad
:thumbup:
Maybe you can add it to your todo list
So you think it over lol :lol:
Its funny, i was thinking someone should skin hellboy to go with this awesome abe sapian
http://figurefan88.googlepages.com/index