News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

"Can't Load Character Def"

Started by docdelorean88, January 14, 2009, 12:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

Anyone know what that's about? i started up custom force 2, and that's what came up. I started up normal FFVT3R and thats what came up. The only thing it didn't come up on was Patriot City. I even had re-installed FFVT3R and still the same thing. Heck i even uninstalled Patriot City and guess what came up!?Any ideas? :banghead:
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Previsionary

Sounds like one of your dat files is corrupted.
Disappear when you least expe--

docdelorean88

I was thinking that too. I am currently wiping EVERYTHING and re-installing whatever i needed. Fingers crossed.

docdelorean88

Well, after a total overhaul, my game is starting. Yes, let us rejoice <_<
What a price to get the game to work though. I still have all of the actual files but, unlisted are all of my previous custom characters(after they were made), and all of my FXs. Huh. Well, the characters i can remake that is not a big deal. As for the FXs? Lets just say this begins a long process of ffediting. A very long process. :blink:

Previsionary

er, you didn't back up anything? The corruption probably happened in two places. Objects.dat or characters.dat. You'd need to actually test that or post logs next time. Sorry if you have to redo it all. :S
Disappear when you least expe--

docdelorean88

I have all of the files, just the dats got replaced. but, still. Thanks for you concern. I'll have it recovered withing a few days

darkriminal

I'm having the same exact problem. I don't know what to do about it.

I decided to play FFVT3R again and so I followed the installation order on alexff.com

1. Install  :ffvstr:
2. Install FFVT3R Mod and Character Tools
3. Install EZFX 6.0
4. Install FFX 3.3 (ffx.freedomforceforever.com/)

I have no problem running the orig FFVT3R game, however, win trying to run FFX 3, I get message indicating character.dat failed to load.

How do I fix this problem?  :unsure: :(

Thanks,

Darkriminal

docdelorean88

Wish i knew a better way than to wipe every thing clean, and start completely fresh. Let me think on it, in the mean time somone else has to know what to do...

darkriminal

Quote from: docdelorean88 on January 14, 2009, 09:25:33 PM
Wish i knew a better way than to wipe every thing clean, and start completely fresh. Let me think on it, in the mean time somone else has to know what to do...

Thanks for your reply. I tried deleted/uninstalled and reinstalled twice and I still get the same result unfortunately.

:unsure:

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

darkriminal

Epimethee

darkriminal

Quote from: Epimethee on January 17, 2009, 09:12:11 PM
Any download.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.... that includes; ffvttr, mod tools, ezfx6.0, and ffx 3.3. The orig game starts without problems, however, it's the ffx 3.3 that I cannot get to work. "fail to load character def"

Epimethee

Quote from: darkriminal on January 17, 2009, 10:35:23 PMI've already uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.... that includes; ffvttr, mod tools, ezfx6.0, and ffx 3.3. The orig game starts without problems, however, it's the ffx 3.3 that I cannot get to work. "fail to load character def"
Maybe you could try installing FFX 3.2 instead of 3.3 to check if the bug still occurs? This might help find the issue's cause.

darkriminal

I was curious if any of the vets have figured how to correct the character def problem?