Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Red Hulk

Started by Valandar, January 14, 2009, 10:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Quote from: marhawkman on February 17, 2009, 07:13:29 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 17, 2009, 03:34:14 AM
Quote from: captmorgan72 on February 17, 2009, 12:44:27 AMActually Thor didn't use the Odin force to defeat the destroyer. He used it to release the Asgardians and Balder was released from the armour. So in a sense I guess he did but not really. Also, what issue did he defeat Odin's father, I must be missing that issue?
Thor had to have used the Odin power to defeat Bal-Destroyer because he has never defeated the Destroyer on his own.

Crap spoiler on the Bor thing.
What morgan was saying is that the Odinforce was used once to both stop the destroyer AND resurrect the Asgardians.

as for Thor's control, I don't think Odin used the Odinforce to sense things. He had a seperate ability that let him do that.

What I was saying was, there is no way Thor could have fought the Destroyer in hand to hand combat to a standstill without the Odinforce empowering him. To prove my statement go read Jurgen's Mighty Thor: The Reign. Thor had do a similar feat when fighting Desak-Destroyer. So either A) Resurrected Thor's base powers increased or B) Odinforce explains his increased strength, invulnerability (in the past Thor has always used his hammer to shield him from bullets or projectiles but he didn't when he went to Africa), and other new abilities such Thor-sleep.

I disagree with your assumption on Odin's separate ability because The Reigning Thor was almost omnipotent and more God-like than he has ever been before (and hopefully again).

My whole problem with his fight with Rulk is, there is no way a Gamma powered human could defeat fully powered Odinforce Thor. So either Loeb ignored that Thor had the Odinforce (which is most likely) or Thor doesn't have complete control of the Odinforce (probably the way he will be written until Balder inherits the power himself).

Quote from: GhostMachine on February 17, 2009, 02:31:49 PM
Quote from: marhawkman on February 17, 2009, 07:13:29 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 17, 2009, 03:34:14 AM
Quote from: captmorgan72 on February 17, 2009, 12:44:27 AMActually Thor didn't use the Odin force to defeat the destroyer. He used it to release the Asgardians and Balder was released from the armour. So in a sense I guess he did but not really. Also, what issue did he defeat Odin's father, I must be missing that issue?
Thor had to have used the Odin power to defeat Bal-Destroyer because he has never defeated the Destroyer on his own.

Crap spoiler on the Bor thing.
What morgan was saying is that the Odinforce was used once to both stop the destroyer AND resurrect the Asgardians.

as for Thor's control, I don't think Odin used the Odinforce to sense things. He had a seperate ability that let him do that.

Odin had the power to see the future while he he was sleeping. Is that what you're thinking of?

Yes and it is called Thor-Sleep now which JMS stated was a new ability because of the Odinforce.

captmorgan72

AfghanAnt, there is no doubt that the odin-force can make it's host one of the most powerful beings in all of creation. However the host would have to know how to tap into this incalculable cosmic/mystic power and know how to use it for what ever purpose they desire. Odin was hundreds of thousands of years old. He had learned how to use this power with great control and purpose. Thor is still just a kid in the eyes of other gods. Heck, Hercules is much older than Thor is.

During the Reigning Thor uses the power in very destructive/dark ways. The power itself seems to have an intelligence of it's own, almost like a symbiote. It deemed Thor unworthy to have it if I remember correctly during a point in the Reigning story line. I guess my point is that Thor has not yet grasped how to use the power as well as his father. I don't think that because he has the power now, that all of his attributes like strength, constitution, etc has been massively increased. Odin would still have been knocked out by the Hulk if the Hulk pounded the crap out of him. Unless of course he used the power to increase his invulnerability.

Knowing how Thor is, he wouldn't tap into it during personal combat, he would rely on his own abilities which most of the time is more than enough to defeat his foes. Rulk only beat him because of the strategy he used, one that would only work once. Round two was very different, Thor was beating him and Rulk knew it. He even admitted it to Hulk.

So yeah, if Thor used the power to put himself in the same power class as say Living Tribunal then nobody would be able to hurt him. I would imagine though that this sort of control will not come for hundreds of thousands of years if it will at all.   

defensor

actually i think that its prolly some big name like stark or maybe even betty cuz its in a different reality.  Hence, why the watcher showed up and was punched out b4 he could do his "what if" speech.  It would also explain why he's never been mentioned in any other 616 comic.

btw-im a noob...

Ares_God_of_War

Really, All that Rulk is in Marvel is them to jump on the Color bandwagon like DC is with the Green Lanterns. Soon Rulk will be back and Hulk will have trouble untill all of the Sudden the Blue Hulk "Blulk" shows up. But instead of getting mad the more hope he has the stronger he gets. But before they are able to beat Rulk the scary Yellow Hulk shows up "Yulk"  and so on and so forth until Banner's dead Dad shows up as the Black Hulk "Bulk"
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

captmorgan72

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on February 18, 2009, 08:55:24 AM
Really, All that Rulk is in Marvel is them to jump on the Color bandwagon like DC is with the Green Lanterns. Soon Rulk will be back and Hulk will have trouble untill all of the Sudden the Blue Hulk "Blulk" shows up. But instead of getting mad the more hope he has the stronger he gets. But before they are able to beat Rulk the scary Yellow Hulk shows up "Yulk"  and so on and so forth until Banner's dead Dad shows up as the Black Hulk "Bulk"

:lol: Marvel, hire this guy!

steamteck

Quote from: captmorgan72 on February 18, 2009, 03:57:58 AM

Knowing how Thor is, he wouldn't tap into it during personal combat, he would rely on his own abilities which most of the time is more than enough to defeat his foes. Rulk only beat him because of the strategy he used, one that would only work once. Round two was very different, Thor was beating him and Rulk knew it. He even admitted it to Hulk.

I still disagree with the strategy, My main objection is Rulk was just another new guy they had to show how tough he was by beating up the old guard. As usual it felt like in freedom force where the player was running Rulk and the PC was running the other guys. Probably with the difficulty tweaked so he could do disproportionate damage.