R. I. P. Ricardo Montalban

Started by The Hitman, January 14, 2009, 11:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479941,00.html

A sad goodbye Mr. Roarke, Khan from Star Trek, Freakazoid!'s arch-nemesis, and a fine actor. He will be greatly missed.

herodad1

10-4 !its sad to see the passing of great figures of the past.he was an awsome khan!

chuckles

:( What a shame, he was an awesome actor.

GogglesPizanno

Him and Patrick Mcgoohan within a day??
Sad.

yell0w_lantern

Let me be the first to say,
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!
Yellow Lantern smash!

Podmark

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on January 15, 2009, 03:42:09 AM
Let me be the first to say,
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

I was so going to say that. He'll be missed.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

That's too bad. An amazing performer who helped make the only good original crew Star Trek movie be one of the best scifi movies ever.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

thanoson

So, this year is sucking so far. Bob Wilkens from Creature Features, Andy Martinez from the Necromantiks, my friend Taylor last week and now these two? Damn!
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

Glitch Girl

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on January 15, 2009, 12:24:41 AM
Him and Patrick Mcgoohan within a day??
Sad.
Indeed.  Both shall be missed.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

cmdrkoenig67

..And last week, John Scott-Martin (Dalek ops supreme)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Scott_Martin

RIP to all of these fine gentlemen.

Dana

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

thanoson

Star Trek - Khan
Ricardo Montalban played Khan Noonien Singh in the original Star Trek series, a villain which was later revived in one of the best damn sci-fi movies ever: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Genetically engineered to be an uber-human, Khan ruled part of the Earth for a while in the 1990s and was driving force in the Eugenics Wars. Eventually overthrown, Khan took over a sleeper ship (christened SS Botany Bay) and remained in suspended animation until reaching the Kirk Era. Well, you should know the rest.

Did you know that Ricardo Montalban never met William Shatner for a single scene in Wrath of Khan? He actually filmed all his scenes weeks before the cast made it to the set. Ricardo: "I had to do my lines with the script girl, who, as you might imagine, sounded nothing like Bill [Shatner]." Here's another interesting note: Executive producer Harve Bennett accidentally approved the initial designs of the USS Reliant upside down, which they ended up sticking with; hence it has that unique look that differentiates it from the Enterprise. Good stuff.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!