News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The New Guy Pt. II

Started by Hanzo Hattori, February 01, 2009, 11:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanzo Hattori

7-Hand & Rahjin. Beta versions of a couple of characters based off my friends' ideas. Testing some fx work...a lot of skoping...I accidently loaded Rahjin w/ a big char.'s .kf, now I can only use big char .kf's. If someone could help me with this...

Also...I origionally wanted 7-hands fx arm to emit blk smoke...however shades of blk are trsnp. while shades of grey are white...any ideas? Maybe changing the spectral color...

Blkcasanova247

Hey is that "7 hands" guy a kittbash of an Afghan Ant skin?
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on February 01, 2009, 01:57:18 PM
Hey is that "7 hands" guy a kittbash of an Afghan Ant skin?

Looks like my the Captain's face.

daglob

There is a Human Torch Black mesh at FX Force. The "fire" is black, so you could paint a cloud on the alpha channel and then use a semi-transparent fill to make it smokey. I know too that there are "fire" files with different effects posted someplace. I asked for them and don't remember where they are, but the request would be in the archives.

Hanzo Hattori

I used the face of the Captain, b/c I haven't skinned the face yet. I had to read up to figure out what exactly a kittbash was. I "skoped" (I think is the term) the hair and the collar from the Capt. mesh. I also used the male_basic wireframe to reference where the coat lines up from the skin to the mesh. So everything other than the face(which I'm changing) I skinned myself. Is this considered kittbashing?

tommyboy

Quote from: Hanzo Hattori on February 01, 2009, 07:21:52 PM
I used the face of the Captain, b/c I haven't skinned the face yet. I had to read up to figure out what exactly a kittbash was. I "skoped" (I think is the term) the hair and the collar from the Capt. mesh. I also used the male_basic wireframe to reference where the coat lines up from the skin to the mesh. So everything other than the face(which I'm changing) I skinned myself. Is this considered kittbashing?

Once the face is original, you are good.
But using parts of other peoples skins is frowned on, (unless it's a base skin).

Podmark

If you're ever using something as a placeholder, like the Captain face, best to mention that in the preview.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Gremlin

Can't wait to see what it looks like without the placeholder--it looks amazing. I love 7-Hand's arm!

Hanzo Hattori

Here's an update after finding a way to make the black fx(thanks daglob) and skinning the face.

AfghanAnt

I honestly like the blue energy arm a little better and for the record, I didnt mind you using my face as long as you credit me. :)

Hanzo Hattori

word is bond. I liked the blue flame arm better also, but when he described the char. he said black aura. I tried to add a bit of blue to make it more dynamic...I dunno, a couple of changes and he'll be finished. Then I can touch up Rahjin.

Gremlin

If you made the black flames smaller or more translucent it would work better. Now you can't see all the cool detail on the arm.

Hanzo Hattori

I think I'm happy with this here....I did some minor re-meshing(I guess?) in Maya, afterwards I couldn't attach .kfs anymore, so no dynamic stances...lessened the smoke/fire to reveal the arm more. Overall I'm surprised, I thought Rahjin would be the fun one...

Gremlin

That looks really cool, although I'm a little iffy on the scarf-mask. But the arm looks much better now.